General Television Discussion

I'm not starting a new thread for the show itself, but I felt like sharing so we'll see if there's life enough for a 'general' thread.

My fellow Brits, did anyone else see that there was a Pulp vs Happy Mondays episode of Bargain Hunt on the way? I'm officially old, and so are they by the sounds of things. But not too old - they had to reshoot the ending because Bez broke the rules. Rock n' roll!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I can't say I pay Bargain Hunt much heed my friend....

Did anyone watch Bodyguard on BBC? I caught up with it all on iPlayer last weekend. Really enjoyed it, mostly, even if the characters did all start to act a bit out of character in the final episode for the sake of escalating drama. That bothered the hell out of me. I also feel like the criticism levied at the show (I won't go into detail in case anyone hasn't seen it yet) is a little misplaced. I don't think intentions have been misconstrued, even if the execution of what was criticised perhaps showed something of a lack of forethought.

Ha, I don't watch bargain hunt either. The celebrity aspect got some coverage.

Not seen bodyguard but heard a lot about it in the last few days. Dunno if I can be bothered though.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I watched Butterfly recently as well, but missed the last episode - the show about the young girl who was born a boy? The first couple of episodes were really engaging, but then I checked out of the third because life got busy and, not unlike Bodyguard actually, the trailer made the finale look a bit silly.