Adam "Hangman" Page

As many of you probably know, I am a fan of young Adam Page and it is now being reported that WWE has made overtures to them and he has turned them down for the moment, basically stating that he will only go there as part of the entire group of Bullet Club Elite, as they have a pact to make their decision together. I believe Page is a future best-in-the-world level star and his ROH contract, along with Cody's and the Young Bucks' all expire at the end of the year, while Kenny Omega's with NJPW expires on January 31. While I hope they do not go to WWE--I really think it will take a huge money deal, all of them being signed, and complete creative control for them to do so--I have to admit I wouldn't be surprised if it happens, just disappointed. Will we see Hangman in WWE in 2019 or are we going to see this group continue to try and Change The World?

That crew ain't getting creative control. Nobody in WWE is getting creative control.

I don't think that any of them are going to WWE. They're all still pretty young, with Kenny being the oldest at 34. If the money is good now and they can keep their profiles up, I could see maybe in a few years when they're a little bit older and think a little bit more about saving for retirement.

Kenny Omega is the most likely one to go, I think. I believe that WWE sees where he is now and looks at AJ Styles and thinks "what if AJ was almost a decade younger?" I could see some overtures coming for Kenny and probably a willingness to overpay (and by that I mean easily beat what anyone else is paying) but even then it comes down to an internal debate. Do you hold off and hope that you're still as valuable next time they offer, or do you take good guaranteed money and hope that they treat you like AJ Styles so that if you want out you can do so as one of the biggest stars in the world?

I saw that report and I also know about the pact they've made to either go or not go as a group. Part of what will decide that will be whether or not WWE even wants them all. Scurll would have a hard time there I think, but I also thought that Cody had a longer time on his contract which is why they're not expected to go anytime soon.

As for Page, he's fine, just not someone I'm totally sold on yet. His shooting star shoulder block is one of the stupidest moves I've seen recently. It really makes no sense, because the impact is all wrong. I saw him at BITW against Punishment Martinez in a Street Fight. It was entertaining. He'll be nothing more than another mid-card guy though in the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    He'll be nothing more than another mid-card guy though in the WWE.
    This I agree with 10000%

I believe that Adam Page is phenomenal. He's super rugged and gritty, but at the same time he's flashy and modern. Given a few years, he should be a top guy in ROH/NJPW/Impact/AAA/CMLL/wherever he chooses to work.

However, in WWE 6' and 220 isn't as large as it is where he's been wrestling (imagine him with Roman Reigns who's three inches and 40-lbs bigger) and I see a lot of Revival/Curtis Axel/Anderson/Mike Bennett in him. By that, I mean that he's a pretty plain looking white dude and a decent build and a lot of technical skill. But WWE doesn't seem to know what to do with that. If you're not over 6'2", over 230 or Seth Rollins, you're in the midcard. Ask Bobby Roode about that one.

The Brain
    I agree that he'll likely struggle if he does go to WWE, especially if he's not put in a position to do the nutty stuff that's helped him acheive the level of notoriety he has now.

Like Xan, I was turned on to the high level of potential Page had when he had that barn burner with Jay Briscoe in 2016. Also thought he and Janela stole the show in-ring at All In.

I agree that WWE is not going to give them creative control, but I do think that is something they would demand. And, yeah, WWE would screw up Page; they screw up almost everybody.

I'd have thought that the smart choice would be to hold off for the next few years and just keep doing what he's doing. Got the impression New Japan were trying to establish him more this year so add that to his American rep and the world is his oyster. Could only see him losing out over the longer term by going in over the next 12-18 month, with the others or without.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yeah, after the "last Bullet Club shirt ever" stuff, I'm completely convinced now they aren't going to WWE. No way would they tip their hand this early.

Did I read somewhere he's left bullet club now?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yep, I believe he's now in The Elite. He tweeted about it fairly recently, if I remember the news rightly.

The Brain
    Yeah, pretty much everyone of note left the Bullet Club suddenly and quietly to concentrate on being "The Elite". What that signifies is anyone's guess.

I've heard that Cody is on a handshake deal with ROH til the end of the year and Page turned down a new ROH contract... Not saying its worrying but good thing ROH and New Japan sold out the Garden Already.