Thread: God of War

God of War

Is anyone else playing this master piece?

Really great single player experience: great characters and story, wrapped in an awesome setting with rewarding gameplay.

I was an Xbox lad until this generation, I hear that this God of War is very different to the old ones, playing this one makes me really interested in picking up the remastered originals. Has anyone played them?

The Brain
    I played through the original trilogy a couple years back and really loved it, particularly the third one which had some very creative and visually stupendous boss battles. I strongly recommend at least going through those first three, I think there's a whole lot to love there.

My buddy bought the new one and hasn't played it yet, so hoping to check it out with him in the near future. I do hear the gameplay is a little different but I think it shouldn't be too hard to adapt!

Yeah the game play is much more similar to the hack & slash adventure games out there like Dark Souls or The Witcher and from the screen shots & videos I have seen of the original the camera placement is completely different.

I bought it, played it for two hours, and haven't picked it up again in over a week. I hate the combat camera so much. No idea how this game got a 10 just on the camera alone.

I've had it 2 weeks and it's sitting in plastic because I paid for a month of PS Now to play Red Dead. I've completed Red Dead 100%. Will do the same on Undead Nightmare and then jump in.

Worries me finally seeing a bad review. There are plenty of universally loved games I can't get into. Hope this wont be one of them.

Well I finally finished God of War and I have to say that to anyone who likes story driven video games PLAY THIS THING. I have never played a God of War game before but I was absolutely enraptured in the story and I have to say the gameplay was really enjoyable too and the difficulty curve was exceptionally done, there was no point where the game was too easy or impossibly difficult.

I only play a few video games a year these days and normally take a while to get through them but am so glad I took the time to get through this one.

My brother got me this for Christmas, and it is a blast. I just got past the dragon on top of the mountain, that fight was stressful, but highly enjoyable. I marked out when I beat it (was down to like 10% health left, first try). I'm definitely getting hooked. Highly recommended so far.