Power Struggle 2018

So, after the events of King of Pro Wrestling, Power Struggle's card has taken shape.

Jericho vs EVIL for the IC Title
    Naito vs Sabre Jr
    Taichi vs Ospreay for the NEVER Title
    Tanahashi & Finlay vs Golden Lovers
    Okada & Beretta vs White & Fale
    Super Jr Tag League 2018 final

The last stop before the Dome (I think?) should be pretty tidy from top to bottom. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Naito vs Sabre Jr - I expect a Naito win to avenge his NJC and G1 losses, but have certainly enjoyed their matches to date.

Nice to see Ospreay moving up to heavyweight. Not sure if that's a long-term thing, but of all the juniors he'd probably outgrown that level. And I always like to see my forever fave Beretta get a high profile match, which teaming with Okada surely is.

The Brain
    EVIL seems like such a weird opponent for Jericho. I liked EVIL just fine but you'd think they'd keep throwing him against top guys for the limited time they got him. Guess it's probably building up to the re-match with Naito.

Speaking of, that Naito/Sabre match will almost definitely be my favorite of the night!

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Jericho vs. EVIL is definitely a weird-feeling match, especially as a main event for the show. I'll be at the show so I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with, though. I wonder if it will be another of those wild brawls that Jericho has been doing so far in New Japan.

Also, couldn't they have tagged someone better up with Tanahashi? I'm fine in general with Finlay but it just feels like he's filler since he doesn't have any business with Omega or Ibushi.

I'm sure they'll add some more to the event, but there's a lot of heavyweights left out of it (Suzuki, Ishii, Takagi, SANADA, Young Bucks, GoD, among others) that hopefully will have some matches to help shape up their Wrestle Kingdom matches. It's ridiculous how much talent the company has now.

Finlay/Omega have a match this month in Cali at the US version of the Lions gate Project.

So, at least it is kinda set up.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Looks like an outstanding card; the kind Destruction maybe should have been.

There is still World Tag League, as well as Global Wars, but yes, this is the last major stop before the Dome. Most things should be set up by the time Power Struggle is over. I really wonder what's going to happen with Cody at the Dome if he's still NWA Worlds Champion--it appears he won't have a United States Title match before then. I was hoping the NWA Worlds Championship would be defended at Wrestle Kingdom, but that doesn't appear likely at the moment.

The Brain
    Love that gif in your sig, Mourn.

Maybe Cody will defend both in one match but only retain the NWA title due to the throwing over the top rope DQ rule, Flair/Fujinami style.