Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar

Booyaka, Booyaka! Rey Mysterio thread

In what continues to be a weird 2018 in wrestling, Rey Mysterio has returned to the WWE on a full-time basis.

Based on his last few TV appearances, like at the Royal Rumble and various New Japan events, he still looks like he has some mileage left in the tank and will undoubtedly be a welcome addition. I'm sure he's still a huge draw around the country as well so this is a great get for the WWE if he stays healthy.

Given that there's a slew of new faces since the last time he was in the WWE, who are you all looking to see Rey face? I'd love to see him on the Smackdown side of things since there's a lot of amazing matches just waiting to happen: AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Shinsuke Nakamura, the list goes on. Even feuds with old foes like Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy would be pretty awesome.

Rey vs Nakamura is set for next week already which is pretty tidy, to do with the World Cup.

Honestly, I think Rey might have just needed the break from WWE. He looks leaner and faster than he had for years from what I've seen of him. Rey vs Joe looks fun on paper, gets Joe the chance to just be a monster throwing around a small guy. Rey vs AJ - have those two ever met? Would be interesting to see how that goes. Same goes for Rey vs Bryan, I'm not sure whether they've ever had a decent length match.

But yeah, totally into this return. Feels like the right time for him. Top of my list is Rey vs Almas, because lord knows the latter could do with that rub.

The Brain
    Very much hope WWE doesn't expect him to work a full time house show schedule, as it seems that's what really wrecked him for a while in the early 10s.

I've enjoyed his work a lot in the last couple years and there's no doubt his name value to WWE is gonna be huge. Think he's gonna have some barn burners before he hangs it up. Him vs. Nak in 2015/16 sounds like an incredible dream match, should still be good now depending on how much Nak shows up.

AJ vs Rey

or

Bryan vs Rey

Those matches have the potential to be great. Nakamura is useless. So muchso that the US champ isn't even on TV.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Nakamura is useless. So muchso that the US champ isn't even on TV.
    No one can be useful in the WWE if they aren't put on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Top of my list is Rey vs Almas, because lord knows the latter could do with that rub.
    I didn't realize how much I wanted this until now.