We Don't set the Thread, we are the Thread - The Bar

Funny how this thread has not been started as of yet.

Also funny how a random feud with two wrestlers that had no direction in 2016, turned into a great tag team, where if they were younger, they could have been an all time great tag team.

BUT there are questions that have to be asked, since Smackdown aired on Tuesday.

Is the Big Show now in the Bar?
    Is the Bar now a three man group?
    Why did the WWE choose to have the Big Show help/join the Bar as opposed to a younger talent who could use the rub?
    What heel turn number is this for the Big Show? 15?

Haha great title.

On Big Show turns I saw a video that would suggest it was only about his 10th WWE heel turn, but in terms of overall turns since 1999, well into the twenties now.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I hate The Bar. For two reasons.

1). Sheamus. I find him more engaging than most of the main event scene right now, particularly on Smackdown. He’s a strong heel and really capable of having good matches. Seeing him against AJ or Jeff Hardy would be fun and adding depth to the roster is needed. It’s a waste having him in a tag team.

2). Cesaro. I find him more engaging than most of the main event scene right now, particularly on Smackdown. He’s great as a face or as a heel and really capable of having good matches. He’s probably one of the best on the roster and would fit in just as well on Raw. Moreso than Sheamus he’s being utterly wasted in a tag team.

I quite like the idea of tags being seen not as a minor thing but a worthwhile goal in itself.

I also don't think they can't have singles bouts while in a tag team, so you could still have them add that kind of depth.

Giving this a bump because of this story on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by lords of pain

Could it be that The Bar tag-team was broken up during this year’s Superstar Shake-up because a longtime WWE Superstar is getting ready to retire?

Reports have surfaced online that claim Sheamus could be potentially winding down his career in the near future. “The Celtic Warrior” is among several WWE Superstars, including Jeff Hardy, Big E. and Nia Jax, that are expected to be on the shelf for some time due to various injuries.

Sheamus has spinal stenosis, a condition that ended Edge and other WWE Superstars careers and is an issue “Stone Cold” Steve Austin deals with to this day. On top of that, the former WWE Champion suffered a reported concussion during a six-man tag-team match on the 4/9 episode of WWE SmackDown Live.

Sean Ross Sapp (@SeanRossSapp) of Fightful.com shed some light on the severity of Sheamus’ condition during a recent installment of his Fightful Select Q&A feature

“I had heard last year that there were a lot of people that were surprised that Sheamus could still wrestle as effectively as he could considering some of the injury issues and the pain that he had been in.

“Honestly the thing I was told by one wrestler was that if he got through WrestleMania that would be really awesome. Not as if they were hoping that or the company was hoping that, but that wrestler personally was hoping that Sheamus could get through this WrestleMania and he did and that was about it. No update yet, but man, with a bad neck and then you get a concussion on top of that, that’s not hot.”

With WWE breaking up The Bar by moving Cesaro to the RAW brand, and due to the fact that the company has not disclosed the specific nature of the injury, there has been growing concern that Sheamus, who just turned 41 years old in January, could be forced into retirement.

Guess we might have to rename this the Cesaro thread in the near future.

Yikes, poor Sheamus. I feel that his stenosis has been reported on before now, but it's never good to see someone suffer in that way.

I was kind of disappointed to see Cesaro shuffled to Raw this year, as I thought he might have more of a chance of breaking through on Smackdown. For too long he's been kicking butt without getting a singles push, and if Sheamus is out for a while (or indefinitely) I'd like to see Cesaro get a proper singles run.

Always got a kick out of Seamus, hoping for the best.