The B-Man Says....

Welcome ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages! Lordsofpain.net proudly brings to you, it's newest column writer.......
    The B-Man

Hello everyone I'm The B-Man and I'm new here. I've been a professional wrestling fan for almost 30 years now. I grew up admiring the Hogan era, The Attitude Era, The Monday Night Wars, but I generally haven't watched a lot of the "sports entertainment" they offer nowadays. I do however love watching the women's revolution. The WWE would not be where it is right now without the women stepping up. The product today in my opinion is almost unwatchable. The WWE has brought back DX and the Brothers of Destruction to garner a consistent fan base. I have no idea why they aren't pushing male competitors to the mainstream shows such as Johnny Gargano, Tomasso Ciampa, The Velveteen Dream, and much more. The NXT is stacked with talent that could grow on Smackdown as opposed to RAW. However this past women's Evolution pay per view was brilliant. The women really put forth a great effort. The likes of Sasha Banks, Bayley, The Riott Squad, Ember Moon, Nia Jax, and Alexa Bliss have really paved a way for women to shine in the WWE. I am very proud of their efforts.

The women of the WWE all seem to have interesting gimmicks, They all seem to have charisma but most importantly, they seem to have something the men currently do not, and that is the "it" factor. The same "it" factor that took Trish Stratus from a manager to a women's champion, the same "it" factor that made Mickie James from a psycho admirer to a headliner, and that same "it" factor that inspired a daughter of a hall of fame 17 time champion to be just like her daddy and shine. Bottom line in my opinion, the women wrestlers steal the show night in and night out and carry the product now. The men's division from what I have managed to watch is like a see-saw. There is no consistency with the product in this division. WWE needs to wake up and realize that Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Rusev and many more if booked correctly can make a difference for the future of the organization.

There looks to be momentum to be made from these other organizations like NJPW, Impact, etc. Cody Rhodes has been nothing short of amazing since his release from the WWE, Kenny Omega has been killing it for years. I hope they do not sell their souls to Vince McMahon. It would definitely be nice to see some strong competition from another organization.

Well this is basically my pilot column. Thank you for having me here and if you enjoy this column let me know. I'd like to do some more with more meat if you would like me to.

Thanks again LOP Nation. The B-Man says.....I'm OUT!

The Brain
    Welcome to the CF, Bee Man!

Nice debut here, very good to learn about who you are, what you've seen, and a few quick thoughts on the current era. I haven't watched nearly as long as you but I've had a wonderful time going back in time to relive stuff like the Hogan era and the Monday Night Wars, so awesome to have someone else who has firsthand knowledge of living through those periods. As far as modern WWE goes, I don't watch a whole lot either but I have to agree with you overall based on what I've seen, the women seem to be a bright spot but much of the booking leaves a whole lot to be desired. I don't think it's even so much about which stars they use and don't use, it's just a pure question of booking. They seem to still make money hand over fist though, so I wonder if that will change anytime soon?

I can never fault a wrestler for taking the big paycheck to go to WWE, but as a fan I agree that I hope certain guys resist that temptation for many years to come. I've definitely been engaged with Cody Rhodes story since breaking out on his own, he's flourished in so many ways. It's wonderful that there's so much wrestling that can be watched easily out there right now, it's true that none are financially on the level of WWE but I'd say there's never been a more competitive time than now in almost 2 decades.

I'd say for next time (and I hope there is one!) you read and feed around the CF, see what others are doing and get to know the community a bit. I think you could also benefit from fleshing out your thoughts a bit more, this was just getting started and then it seemed to end! Would love to hear more, for sure.

Once again, welcome!

Nice to meet you B-Man! *tips hat* Man, reading this is really echoing a sentiment strongly bouncing around the wrestling internet after whatever on Earth that Crown Jewel show was. Basically every point you brought up literally just got emphasised right in front of our eyes. So good stuff lol.

Critique wise, what MizFan said basically. Looking forward to seeing the meat (no euphemism). I will quickly add that paragraphing wise, I did lose myself in that first one. I'd say when you switched from talking about the women to the product as a whole, that could have been a natural breather. Just to break it up a bit visually. I've also found keeping paragraphs to around 4-5 lines keeps a nice flow if I can help it and in bonus makes my columns feel a tad longer than they actually are.

Side note: I had a CAW on SmackDown vs RAW 2007 named B-Man. He was in a tag team with A-Mon... oh how I was such an imaginative youth. Don't ask why one was 'Man' and the other was 'Mon', I haven't the foggiest lol.

The Brain
    Don't ask why one was 'Man' and the other was 'Mon', I haven't the foggiest lol.
    Because of Digimon, I assume.

Mediocrity at it's finest kingzak13's Avatar
    Welcome to the fourms B-Man, hope that we'll get to see you around here more.

Not much to say, I do disagree that all women in the WWE have the It factor or an interesting gimmick, I think since they are more prominent and thus being allowed to show more of this factor.

The men have this too but just seem to be to creatively stifled.

I am looking forward to seeing what you have got next.
    *Ghostly wailing*

Welcome to the C.F. dude.

A month and a half ago I advocated that the women might be able to run their own show. They have enough talented and are popular enough to do so. The women have been on fire of late and it shows what with Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair being the best thing in WWE.

As a whole I thought Evolution was definitely worth a watch but what stood out to me, besides Becky/Charlotte was Toni Storm vs Io Shirai. What a great match. The match wasn't too fast-paced but perhaps that's why all the move came across so crisp.

Anyway, I hope you stick around.

Hey man, nice first piece. Certainly made me think about a few things.

I wonder if one of the reasons that the women seem to stand out from the men is because the men are forced to bare the burden of filling the majority of the time on the shows. I feel like building character is easier when you have short, sharp segments as opposed to having to fill in hours upon hours of TV which tend to meander as opposed to make a specific character or story point. I think it is possibly also one of the reasons that NXT seems to have more developed characters than the main roster. That said if creative truly put their minds to it I'm sure they could do better for guys like Balor who obviously have potential but just seem to be floating.

Anyway good to have you here, looking forward to seeing you expand on your thoughts.

@Sir_Samuel

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Good to get a sense of who are you and what you think about wrestling. Judging by some of the things you've said here I think we might be of a similar mindset on some things. I, too, tend to get more out of the female performers on the WWE main roster, and out of NXT, than out of the main roster's men.

Be great to see some more writing from you down the line, where you can hone your skills as a writer and expand a bit more. Not that you need to write reams and reams of course, but generally I think you can get a bit more out of a topic if you go into a bit more detail. Just something to think about.

Good debut!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Thank you all for the kind words and constructive criticism. I can't promise you great writing structure paragraphically (is that a word?), BUT I can promise you I will give you my all. I am a avid wrestling fan and I love sharing my opinions with those who share my admiration for professional wrestling and not "Sports Entertainment".