House of Cards Thread

Anyone watching the final season? Just finished episode 1 and it certainly feels like it's missing something without Frank

I saw all the old British series of this but I've not seen any of the newer thing. Not sure I'm going to bother now, all things considered.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I can understand that. The first two seasons were so good, but it's got to the point where the rest of seasons can't stand up to it. 3 and 4 were a hard slog to get through at times, and while I thought season 5 was better, it's so far fetched. Even in the post Trump era.

Having said that, seasons 1 and 2 could actually be fairly contained. Pretty sure this isn't a spoiler, but season 1 and 2 is about their rise to becoming President and First Lady. Season 3 onwards is them ruling and trying to stay in power.

First two seasons were indeed excellent. And did become a chore after that. I donít think I even finished season 4 now that I think about it. (If I did, I didnít get very far into season 5.)

Finished season 6. Quite disappointing overall. One thing you shouldn't really do when you fire the lead actor is make his character the main focus of the season... It's well acted, but the plot is nonsensical.

Without knowing the show it's hard to comment, but instinctively I wonder what alternative they had, once they decided to keep making it. I say that because with the British version... I mean, it's all about the one guy. Everyone else just sort of revolves around him.

So yeah, I don't know what I'm really getting on at here, just that I can kinda see how that'd be a difficult trap to avoid.

The original version was only three seasons, correct?

Kinda, yeah. They all had different titles so I guess they were technically different shows, but yeah, to all intents and purposes they worked as three seasons.

Was it not the same characters following a linear plot?

Yeah, I don't know why they had different titles. There weren't many characters who crossed from one series to the next but it was linear.