EA Sports Classics

I recently found a copy of Fight Night Round 4 that I have and dug it out to start playing legacy mode again. Really enjoying it, got myself set up as a counter puncher and trying to jab people to death. But yeah, I wasn't sure that there'd be enough interest in here for a Fight Night thread, but a generic classic EA Sports thread might do the trick. If there's enough for individual franchises like NBA or Madden or whatever we can spin those out later.

There was another boxing game on the old Playstation that I enjoyed playing, which was Knockout Kings. I could win the version of legacy at heavyweight on there, but if I dropped down a division I couldn't beat Sugar Ray Robinson in the final fight. Just too strong.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

No one else got any old EA games they still like to rock from time to time? Just me?

As to the above I'm on the verge of retiring my boxer. He's 38 now and is undisputed Light-heavyweight world champion with a record of 45-2-2. If I can ride out 2-3 more fights I'll have all the legacy goals satisfied to retire him at the top level, but obviously at this age his stats are starting to decline faster than I can keep them up - I've noticed I get stunned a lot more in fights than I have been and figure it's just a matter of time until there's a young lion who beats me but I'm hoping I can get over the line before then.

I'll probably go to another career after that - I've got a lightweight one started that I've barely done anything on. There's an amateur tournament that starts the game which I won on that but I'm not sure I've had more than maybe one pro fight in that game, so I could start that one up again. Plus there's a couple of other saves on there which might be worth resurrecting.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."