Greatest TV Scenes of All Time

I just saw the final scene from Blackadder Goes Fourth on Twitter as part of remembrance day and was blown away by how good it was. I've seen it before of course but it was just a reminder of how damn good the writing is in it, the witt in the scene which in every other scene of the show's history has been hilarious is instead transformed to being utterly tragic and just so incredibly poignant.

It all led me to the question, has there ever been a better scene of a TV show? Off the top of my head I simply cannot think of one.

Here it is btw if you need to brush up:

@Sir_Samuel

I don't know if you know the story about this, but the last bit of that last scene, the really iconic bit, was almost unusable. They were looking at what they had shot, and despairing because it was going to just ruin the whole series.

Then one guy just started playing around, slowed it down, put all the sound and the effects on, just to try and do a rescue job on it. They got to where they thought it was saveable, faded to the poppies, and thought they'd done all they could.

Was only when it was broadcast that anyone realised they had a masterpiece on their hands.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

That is a fantastic scene, to end a fantastic series.

A few others off the top of my head:

House of Cards - the very first scene, where Frank talks to the camera while putting down a dog thats been run over.

Game of Thrones - too many to mention, but in particular the Red Wedding for sheer shock value.

Friends - The scene when Rachel gets off the plane to meet Ross who's on the phone shouting at the flight attendant in the final episode.

Dragon Ball Z - anime, so may not count, but when Goku goes Super Saiyan for the very first time.

Oh I'm glad you mentioned Dragon Ball because I'd add to that the original shot of Gohan going Super Sayian 2 which is just an incredible moment of serene letting go. Perfect music, perfect animation.

Hsrd to argue with Game of Thrones although I'd say my absolute favourite scene is when they pronounce Rob King in the North. Doesn't quite have the weight to it of Blackadders ending but a great scene none the less.

Id also add in the final scene of season 2 of West Wing when to the tune of Brothers in Arms Jeb, while grappling with the death of his secretary and the revelation of his illness defiantly decides to run for a second term. I couldn't find a YouTube link to embeds but here is a vimeo link. https://vimeo.com/56378248

Still gives me chills to this very day, everything about it is so incredibly shot and meaningful.
    Last edited by SirSam; 11-12-2018 at 11:53 AM.

@Sir_Samuel

Giving this thread a bump,

and I am surprised that no one said the Red Wedding and the Hodor reveal from GOT.

and the death of Glen by Lucille from TWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Game of Thrones - too many to mention, but in particular the Red Wedding for sheer shock value.
    Ermmmm....

Sorry...I glanced over the thread...Me no read that well....

Might only mean something to the Brits but always liked the bit in the auctioneers from fools and horses.

Ha! Yeah that is a class scene. Years and years of hardship finally pays off. It's a brilliant moment.

It's a cliché to say it but the show should have ended there.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

That awesome no-edit, no-cuts tracking shot in one take from season one of True Detective is pretty awesome.

The Brain
    God, that scene really was incredible.