Thread: Guitar Thread

Guitar Thread

Yeah, so I'm just waiting on my new ESP LTD F-50 to arrive. It's got pretty good reviews and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Let us know how it goes and show some photos. Maybe record something with it?

Just don't break this one, dude!

That looks like a serious shredders guitar. What made you pick that one?

I like ESP pick-ups so mainly for that. I can't really shred I just prefer the tone. Also when I was looking at the cheaper ones, this one caught my eye because of the snazzy design.

...and Sheep, yeah, I'm kinda worried because it cost me a lot of money but hopefully I won't be quite that dumb.

Shouldn't be too hard, don't think I've ever broken one - light damage occasionally but never to leave them unplayable. Still have my first, must be 25 years old now.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Well just picked up my guitar again for the first time in like 4 months. My callouses are non-existent and my left hand feels like it has no muscles. Thankfully my co-ordination is still there but my left hand hurts like hell. Really enjoyed having a play though was a bit rough but still fun.

Some of my favorite hardcore bands back in the day had two guitarists rocking the Gibson SG/Les Paul combo. That was always cool. I had a Takamine (G-series, maybe?) acoustic/electric many years ago, and while it had a good sound to it, it didnít matter because I sucked and couldnít be bothered with putting in the practice.

Time to explain why I've been so pissed off recently... My guitar never arrived even though I paid 265 for it.

Get paid again tonight and going to try again.. It's a long story that I can't be arsed with right now but man was I annoyed for a while.

This is what I bought GRG170DX_BKN_1P_05.png

Been messing around with it for the past two days and it seems pretty good. Although it didn't come with the whammy bar like it has in the picture.

Edit: I'm not sure they removed the whammy bar properly. The bridge has raised up since I changed strings and it looks really odd and it's probably a bad thing. It still plays fine at the moment.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-08-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Missed that. I have one that looks a bit like that. I think so anyway, I left it at my parents house an age ago and have never picked it up.

I always wanted a Les Paul, a real proper one y'know, but we're talking anything from £800 to a couple of grand, and now I don't really play enough I just can't justify that expense. It'd be hard to justify keeping all the ones I have if it came to it, rather than buying any new ones.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yeah, the shop I got this guitar from had some 2,000 pound Gibsons, I was practically drooling over them.

There would be no point in someone like me buying one, I'd just pawn it or break it or something.

I've had this guitar for at least a month now. I don't play it every single day but almost, usually first thing in the morning and more throughout the day if I'm in a good mood. It's odd, but if my neighbors are screaming or I just feel sad/angry/paranoid I don't feel like it.