Impact Wrestling: Homecoming

We're still about six weeks out but early in January 2019 Impact are returning to the Asylum in Nashville for what will be next PPV offering, Homecoming.

Matches on the card so far include Johnny Impact vs Brian Cage for the Impact world title, and Tessa Blanchard vs Taya Valkyrie for the Knockouts title.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Both of those sound like high quality for me. Asylum was a pretty good crowd back in the day but that was ages ago, no idea what it'll be like now. Probably fine? Still find it a bit funny that Impact's rebound into quality just happened to coincide with co-opting about 75% of the Lucha Underground roster, but I'm not complaining, just means they were smart enough to bring in a lot of top talent.

I don't know how the whole thing is going or how the men's match is shaping up but I hear plenty about Blanchard nowadays.

Iím trying to find ticket prices for this seeing as how I live there. Doesnít seem like theyíve released them yet. Or maybe I just suck at the internet right now.

They go on sale today at 10 AM.

Yeah... either I suck at the innerwebs, or tix still arenít on sale.

Two more matches for the card

Jake Crist vs. Ethan Page vs. Rich Swann vs. Trey Miguel for the vacant X-D title.

LAX vs Pentagon and Fenix for the tag titles.

The Brain
    Not really feeling that XD match. The Crists don't do a lot for me. Trey Miguel is a guy I haven't seen much of, he seems fine but nothing amazing. Ethan Page strikes me as a much better character than a wrestler. I used to like Swann but I'm still uneasy with him after that domestic violence situation, I was never fully clear on how that turned out. I also find him spottier than I used to, though I think that's more my tastes changing.

I know the new LAX has been hot for Impact so I can't fault them for giving them such high profile opponents. They haven't honestly impressed me that much when I've seen them though. Lucha Bros are always fun but the problem is they're both so good it's almost wasteful to keep them as a tag team.

I kinda feel the same. Though to the last point, if you want to build a tag division that people take seriously, you've got to have top talent wanting to be part of it and wanting to be part of top tag teams. Otherwise you're just repeating a cycle of tag wrestling just being something you do if you're not up to being a top singles star.

Anyway, just to mention that Eli Drake vs Abyss in a Monster's Ball match has been added to the card.

Are Monsterís Ball matches still some like the original? In which they do vignettes of the competitors being confined in a dark room for 24 or 48 hours or whatever? I seem to remember them getting away from that aspect...