Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

All Elite Wrestling - General Discussion

Dudes...I think we're about to see a new wrestling promotion backed by dudes worth $7.6 billion.

https://luchacentral.com/breaking-ne...ite-wrestling/

Well, that's very interesting!

The Brain
    In wrestling I'm pretty much always believe-it-when-I-see-it, but I really hope this one pans out the way we're all expecting it to. That'd really be something.

I mean I don't know anywhere near enough to comment with anything credible but just from a distance it looks like a potential game-changer.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Here's the deal, for those who want something a bit more in depth than the article I posted (or who didn't read it). A month ago, the domain name All Elite Wrestling was taken, as well as allelitewrestling.com and an All Elite Wrestling twitter account (@AEWrestling, though there are no tweets or info as of now). About two weeks ago on November 5th, the company "All Elite Wrestling, LLC" filed trademarks for the for the following; All Elite Wrestling, AEW, Double or Nothing, All Out. AEW Double or Nothing, AEW All Out and, most notably to me, Tuesday Night Dynamite. The address listed for All Elite Wrestling, LLC was listed as 1 TIAA Bank Field Dr. in Jacksonville, Florida; that is the stadium for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who are run by billionaire Shahid Khan. Khan is also the owner of English football club Fullham F.C. and apparently tried to buy Wembley Stadium recently; he's also the name that was initially rumored to be involved with the Jericho/Jim Ross promotion (along with his son, Tony Khan) and is worth $7.6 BILLION. He and his son are clearly the money guys in this whole thing.

Now it's possible All Elite Wrestling, LLC could sit on these trademarks forever and not do anything with them (much like the NHL hasn't with the WNHL) but all indications are this is real and it's been being planned for months by all the members of the Elite, Jericho, Jim Ross, Jericho's agent Barry Bloom and the Khan's. I would guess Meltzer probably knows about it, but has been told about it off the record and thus hasn't reported it. The fact that there's a name for a TV show included tells me that there's also a TV deal at least being worked on, if not already in place. This is very real. No one knows the hierarchy as of now but my guess is the Khan's are the investors/owners, Cody, Jericho and the Bucks are creative, JR is commentator/talent relations head like he was during WWE's heyday and Omega, Hangman, Marty Scurll (at least in a few months when his deal is up), Chris Daniels and Frankie Kazarian (who's deals are up at the same time as the Elite) are the talent along with Jericho, Cody and the Bucks. There will obviously be more talent, and now that SEScoops' reporting last month has been (to an extent) validated it could be quite a few workers, as they reported Jericho and JR had been recruiting people from New Japan and WWE respectively.

That of course brings up the question of where this all leaves the other promotions. WWE won't be threatened by this right away (if ever), but I imagine Vince will still be annoyed by it all and maybe even a little betrayed by Jericho, who was so loyal to him for so long and is now starting a rival (to some degree) promotion. The timing of this isn't the greatest for WWE either; their two top stars (John Cena and Roman Reigns) are either largely inactive or gone for at least a year (possibly for good), attendance and ratings continue to sag, creative remains what it is and Vince will soon be distracted by trying to get the XFL: Part Deux off the ground. There's also the fact that AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and The Club will all have their contracts up in the next few months, and will now have the option to negotiate with a promotion that, if they want to, can offer them just as much money (again, the Khan's are worth $7.6 billion!), likely a lighter schedule, the chance to still work in the US and a chance to work with their friends (obviously AJ and the Club are close with the Elite). Even if they don't go, this new promotion (or the idea of it) has given those guys who bargaining power to raise WWE's price for them. Again, WWE is in no danger here from being displaced as the number one promotion or from losing money thanks to the TV deal. But they aren't happy about it either as it creates a new place for wrestlers to go, potentially leads to the creation of a union (which we know Cody wants) and could be a promotion that competes with them due to the money behind.

And if WWE is nervous, everyone else will be too. Impact is soon to be without a TV deal and if AEW doesn't have one already (though I do believe they do) then Impact could find themselves competing against it. LU has enough problems to worry about already and this won't help. And Ring of Honor is potentially boned. Not only will the Elite and the Addiction be leaving but I could see a bunch of other talent bolting as well; they could be left with just Matt Taven, Jeff Cobb, Jay Lethal and Flip Gordon after all is said and done (not a bad four to build around, but still). And while no one can confirm this now, it wouldn't shock me at all if New Japan and CMLL decide to ditch ROH and join up with this new promotion, especially since the Elite has made it clear they still want to be associated with New Japan. It's going to be very interesting to see how this affects the rest of the promotions in the upcoming months. As of right now, the only ones I don't see being rocked are the two Mexican promotions (AAA and CMLL), New Japan and MLW, which has a solid TV deal in place.

In the end it's definitely exciting though. If this comes to fruition as I expect, this could be the first promotion since WCW to look WWE in the eye and to some extent compete. The potential here is off the charts and I for one can't wait to see how it plays out.

This is a big deal...possibly. I think the impact that it has is really determined by their TV deal.

If this is basically a vanity project funded by a money mark doing a barter deal on some obscure cable channel, it probably doesn't have much more impact on the industry as a whole than MLW starting up did. However, if the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars can leverage his ties to land a deal with an ESPN, CBS or NBC (all of which have ties to the NFL), that's a game changer. That's why Shahid is there. From what I've been hearing, this is a Tony Khan deal with his dad on board to add legitimacy.

Whether this has any impact on WWE or guys contracts, that'll come down to funding sources and/or how much the Khans are willing to spend. If there's a stable funding source, or the Khans are willing to write some big initial cheques, you can get some talent on board. If they decide that The Elite, Jericho and a few of the ROH guys rumored to be involved are the ones that they're willing to write big cheques for, again it doesn't have a ton of impact.

I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one. However, if I were ROH I'd be fuming right now. ROH and Sinclair worked in good faith to help Cody with All In only to see this happen behind their backs? I'd send Cody home today and get him off my television.

What this could do, funny enough, is have an impact on talent north of the border. Impact has been using a lot of US talent despite essentially being a Canadian company. The reason going around is that Callis believes, point blank, that there's no talent in Canada and he's only interested in trying to sign high level US indy names rather than build any of their own stars. If this company is signing up talent and have a bigger bank account to do so than Anthem, they might not have a choice but to reevaluate that strategy.

The more I hear about All Elite, the more I want it to become a real challenger in the way that TNA is not to the WWE. Then maybe Vince will wake up and realize that they need to become a better product. I am hoping that some talent jump ship, and that others choose to sign there that are not currently part of the WWE. Real competition like WCW was for about 4 years. Those 4 years made both shows must see TV. I am not hoping for another Attitude Era, but a product that pushes the envelope more and allows for character growth, less scripted promos, and compelling story lines. Look at the early 2000s after WCW folded. Both Smackdown and RAW was good without competition. Then it all went downhill.

So I am hoping that this All Elite really becomes something. Steal talent, make a good product, and force the WWE to change to keep up, or get left behind.

Cody, Omega, Jericho, the Young Bucks, and potentially,Nakamura, AJ Styles and the Club and more? That's a great start/foundation, and then they can develop others and take some of the NXT guys too.

All Elite Wrestling

The Young Bucks, Cody & Hangman Page just announced All Elite Wrestling and Double Or Nothing on Being The Elite.

Here is the video:

In case you want the clip notes here is the logos:

Exciting times ahead.

Let's speculate!
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    The Night It Was Still Real To Me
    @Sir_Samuel

I get that this is totally your revenge for me mocking Ambrose and Rollins in Skitz' Christmas column Sam BUT THERE IS ALREADY AN ALL ELITE WRESTLING THREAD ON THESE PARTS! GOSH!

I kid; it's no big deal. Certainly not as big as this announcement is!

Oops sorry

I just posted this on the original thread
    Last edited by SirSam; 01-01-2019 at 04:41 AM.
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    @Sir_Samuel

The Young Bucks, Cody & Hangman Page just announced All Elite Wrestling and Double Or Nothing on Being The Elite.

Here is the video:

In case you want the clip notes here is the logos:

Exciting times ahead.

Let's speculate!
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    @Sir_Samuel

Aaannnnddd of course there is merch already.

Gotta love that carny spirit.

SIR SAM'S COURT
    @Sir_Samuel

I like the name--and spirit--of Double or Nothing.

I desperately hope this is a promotion I can invest in weekly with interest. I'm reading up on things right now. The level of potential financial investment is interesting, as is the "multiple TV deals" that may or may not be out there.

The biggest element is what is the essence going to be. What are you providing that we can't get elsewhere? One thing about doing a YT show or working multiple promotions or doing a big and vast one-night show is that you can be all things to all people.

With a promotion, you can be many things, but you have to have an essence.

I'm interested in what that will be.

On a separate note, I like that they are not working with RoH. Only partnership I'm hoping for is with NJPW. Loved it with WCW. Loved it in the last year. Working with Roh or IMPACT would make them look small and tacky. Working with NJPW provides a more global feel.

I hated that video (bad comedy makes my teeth itch).

BUT! Very interested to see where it all goes. Putting the power in the hands of the wrestlers is certainly a good thing. And the Bucks (however much they aren't my cup o' tea) and Cody seem like they understand the modern audience.

I get exactly what you are saying Mystic, All In was an amazing event but it was very much a once off where they leveraged a lot of good will and got so many promotions working together that never would have normally. However they are a rival company now and they will have to make it worth it commercially for those other companies if they want to work with them again. When they have to make compromises it will be interesting to see what they decide to do.

I really hope they get something sorted with NJPW, seeing this happen without Kenny would feel very strange. It already feels weird seeing Marty being phased out of things at least temporarily.
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    @Sir_Samuel

The Brain
    I am very excited to check this out. I'm not even a big fan of the Elite as wrestlers but the idea of this is great and I did enjoy All In so I'm absolutely up for them giving it a real shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    It already feels weird seeing Marty being phased out of things at least temporarily.
    Marty was one of the guys who stole the show at All In. Won't be the same without him.

I am out of the loop, but I'm also wondering who is in charge of this. I've seen where the money is coming from, but will Cody and the Bucks have leverage or will they ultimately be talent but outside the booking/decision making? I could see this being a nice success--a new company that is not TNA with a real TV deal--or I could see it being really annoying really quickly.

Oh well. I will always be a fan of attempts because god knows I want to fall in love with wrestling again.

Looking forward to the 8th. If they have consistently done one thing well, one thing I like, it's that they try to build suspense. As much as I hate waiting, I think it's underrated in our time. The more you make me wait on the product, the more it feels like a big deal when you deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Marty was one of the guys who stole the show at All In. Won't be the same without him.

I am out of the loop, but I'm also wondering who is in charge of this. I've seen where the money is coming from, but will Cody and the Bucks have leverage or will they ultimately be talent but outside the booking/decision making? I could see this being a nice success--a new company that is not TNA with a real TV deal--or I could see it being really annoying really quickly.

Oh well. I will always be a fan of attempts because god knows I want to fall in love with wrestling again.

Looking forward to the 8th. If they have consistently done one thing well, one thing I like, it's that they try to build suspense. As much as I hate waiting, I think it's underrated in our time. The more you make me wait on the product, the more it feels like a big deal when you deliver.
    Nobody knows yet who's in charge of booking or all that.. There's alot of things still to be decided apparently. Meltzer even said yesterday the bucks aren't offically signed (of course they will be but just shows we're still in early stages) How much money is Tony Khan willing to lose? Make no mistake, All Elite wrestling will lose at least a little money to start with if they do this right. Even if a fanbase follows the Elite crew, how long will that last and what buildings can you book, who's the talent, the main creative? If it was just one more Elite show, then I'd say homerun.... But we've seen countless other companies start up..Several stick around, yet not really contend for anything.

Its a wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post

Its a wait and see...
    I ask the question and a story pops up on the main page. The speculation is Cody Rhodes will produce and the Bucks will book. The initial makes sense, as Cody has been talking about producing since All In. If he's passionate about that aspect, I can't see him not coming to do a good job with it.

The Bucks booking, if true, will be interesting. I actually brought this up as I was watching a Something to Wrestle conversation about the Kliq. As we all know, the Kliq, even without official power, definitely have some good, some bad, and some very ugly attached.

If Bucks are booking it makes me wonder how much they will be able to detach from themselves, friends, their kliq. It would seem a key to attracting major talent would be, for starting, being above board when it comes to booking.

Ah, so much to wait and see on.

The Brain
    There is something cool about the thought of Cody having his hand in the booking as well, just like his dad. Of course he's his own man, but it would be a cool legacy to continue.

So Tony Kahn (the big financial backer) will serve as President and Cody and The Bucks will be Executive Vice Presidents whatever those titles mean.

An interesting take I got from a podcast I listen to was to see what kind of contracts they will giice their talent. Apparently Cody has been talking a lot this year about a union and it is no secret that The Bucks want to see more of their families. There was also The Tale of the Independent Contractor on the Halloween Episode where they really ripped on how the WWE doesn't provide anything for their talent. Could one of thrwe truly revolutionary things be finally sorting out a different working paradigm for wrestlers, paying health insurance, 401k etc. Certainly a chance for them to put their money where their mouth is.
    SIR SAM'S COURT
    @Sir_Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    There was also The Tale of the Independent Contractor on the Halloween Episode where they really ripped on how the WWE doesn't provide anything for their talent. Could one of thrwe truly revolutionary things be finally sorting out a different working paradigm for wrestlers, paying health insurance, 401k etc. Certainly a chance for them to put their money where their mouth is.
    Between this and Cody producing, it seems that everything they plan to do has been hiding in plain sight. I haven't even followed these guys in a long time (I was a bit turned off by the "we could end up anywhere, even WWE" theme a while back), but I remember Cody frontloading both how he loved the producing, staging, managing of the wrestling at All In as much, if not more, than the talent aspect. I also remember a lot of talk about how wrestlers are treated. So, perhaps, everything we need to know is hiding right in front of our faces.

Jericho is also interesting. Will he or won't he. I think Jericho likes to flirt and more power to him, as he's earned that right. And, yes, he's older now, but I remember, back when I actually liked TNA, thinking how big it would be if they could land a Jericho. Now it's almost taken for granted that AEW could potentially sign Jericho.

That will be the fun part over the next few months to year: seeing what is rumor and what is reality. No matter how big a rumor is, it's only a rumor. But the moment something is reality, watch out. I hope they can deliver good things and I hope the wrestling world has the decency to receive good things. Sometimes folks who wait the longest and need something the most are the worst when it comes to appreciating it. Life is weird like that.

So, for me, I'm wondering if we will get another big show or two, with a TV deal coming later. That is speculation based on rumor, as people keep guessing they may want Tuesday come October when SD moves to Friday. Could we pass time with Double or Nothing and maybe All In 2 before we get TV or could TV come sooner? Who knows, but that is something I'm looking at, along with who will be involved and, as stated, what will be important in/to this company.

Part of me likes most the idea that they have a TV locked in but it doesn't start until late 2019, and the majority of the year is used to build a groundswell towards it.
    Last edited by Mystic; 01-02-2019 at 06:26 AM.

The Bucks booking is, I think, a potential hurdle. Not because of the Bucks specifically but just any top talent booking has so much potential for issues. Especially with a new company your first instinct is to go with those you trust on top. Which is fine at the start but you have to very quickly be looking to transition away from that and elevate others. Ideally, the Bucks would quickly move into a more "special attraction" kind of role.

Cody in production I like a lot, you can see from every character he has had that he clearly enjoys coming up with that kind of stuff and certainly has creative flair.

I'd love to see Jericho involved on any creative level, I think that older presence, a guy that has seen so much change in the industry, would be a massive boon. I also think it could help give legitimacy to sections of the audience like me that don't pay as much attention to stuff outside of WWE.

Talk of unions and such is great, I wasn't aware they had talked so much about that, although it makes sense given how guys like The Bucks have strived (striven?) to become a success outside WWE. I'd love for that to become a reality. More power in the workers hands every time!

I keep seeing the name around but any decent updates in the last couple of weeks? Anything actually worth knowing?

The Brain
    I'm sure Cult knows more than me, but here's what comes to mind...

They have a confirmed association with OWE, a fairly new promotion run by CIMA, one of the biggest non-NJPW stars in Japan. The group has some buzz right now thanks to some very impressive spots getting giffed and sent around, and CIMA has been drawing strong gates, relatively speaking, bringing the group through places like DDT and Wrestle-1.

Joey Janela is on board, possibly with some input in creative as well as wrestling when he's back action. Janela has gained a lot of buzz in the past year or two partnering with GCW to present some very creative shows under his own personal brand.

PAC/Neville has been confirmed as part of the promotion, which is pretty cool all things considered.

Britt Baker and Penelope Ford have been signed, so it's pretty clear they're planning to flesh out a women's division. A bit interesting with Baker, who is linked to (married to? I forget) Adam Cole, who almost certainly could have waited just a bit for an NXT deal as I believe interest was already expressed. Brandi Rhodes has also publicly promised there won't be a gender gap in pay in the promotion, which is also a bit interesting.

Billy Gunn has been confirmed as a backstage producer, and 00s indy star BJ Whitmer quit ROH to come over and work backstage as well.

That's more or less off the top of my head, definitely a lot more will drop as we get closer to the big show in May.

I got you mizfan (as always!).

The AEW roster (as of now) is Cody, the Bucks, Hangman Page, So Cal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky), Chris Jericho, Pac (aka Neville), Maxwell Jacob Friedman (a great heel who currently works MLW), Joey Janela, Jungle Boy (actor Luke Perry's son who is debuting in PWG this weekend), Britt Baker and Penelope Ford (Brandi Rhodes may wrestle but it's not confirmed). The OWE agreement appears to be a talent exchange as of now as opposed to full time deals, but either way CIMA (one of the most underrated workers of all time), T-Hawk, El Lindaman and a few others will be working AEW. Billy Gunn and BJ Whitmer are indeed the agents and a guy named Chris Harrington, who some may know as a financial expert who has kept track of WWE's business records over the years, has been brought on as their VP of Business Strategy. As of now Kenny Omega isn't official but that's because of his New Japan deal; come February 1st he will be leaving New Japan, spurning WWE and joining AEW, where he'll work full time unless New Japan and AEW do reach an agreement to work together (or Kenny does what Jericho is doing and gets a deal where he can work both). The Revival have been reported as quitting this past Monday at RAW and are likely to join AEW soon as well, barring WWE changing their mind/not granting their release. This hasn't been reported or confirmed yet but I've heard it's likely The Super Smash Brothers (a Canadian tag team that used to wrestle in PWG) are on board, Excalibur is on board as a commentator, PWG will be a collaborator and (believe it or not) Jim Cornette may be involved. I'm guessing if the Revival are gone that he'll be paired with them, though I stress that isn't close to confirmed.

Beyond that the only things we know are that Double or Nothing will be on May 25th from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas (the same venue WCW used to hold Halloween Havoc back in teh 90's), another show will be in Jacksonville in July (with proceeds going to victims of gun violence) and a third show will be around Labor Day weekend, likely at the Sears Center in Chicago. There is no TV deal at this time, though everyone seems to be thinking TNT is where they'll end up. Whatever the case it's definitely got WWE and ROH spooked fierce; WWE is now raising their offers to talent and ROH just pretty much had CMLL force Rush to sign with them as opposed to MLW despite having a better offer there (MLW is also open to working with AEW, as seen by MJF working there). A very interesting time right now.

What's my chances of seeing L.A. Park here, Cult?

The MJF spot in the new Being the Elite video is excellent. This dude, if he keeps this edge and arrogance, could really fill the Arn Anderson, Steve Austin, William Regal "TV Champ who may one day be World Champ" role.

Starts around 8 min mark.

Most hope I have in AEW right now is the talk of wins and losses mattering, long story lines, etc. I've said for twenty years that I don't watch WWE because they don't give me a reason to. I hope they make this shit matter.

We shall see.
    Last edited by Mystic; 01-21-2019 at 11:15 PM.

The Brain
    I've really liked all I've seen from MJF since I discovered him last year. Definitely feels like the sky could be the limit for him in time.

How is Christopher Daniels doing now? he is almost 49 years old, and I haven't seen anything from him in years. We all get on the WWE's case for using talent that are 50 years old (HHH, Shane, Taker, now, HBK, Goldberg) but is he still wrestling? Or is he just a manager who will take bumps and be in an occasional tag match?

Nope, he's still wrestling full time. Had a shockingly solid match with Stephen Amell at All In and really good one with Marty Scurll at Final Battle.

The guy still moves like he's 30 somehow. It might be some sort of Benjamin Button situation.

Really...wow.

That's the All In match. Props to Amell for pulling his weight as much as you could possibly expect a TV star with two previous matches under his belt to do, but Daniels pulled a passable PPV match out of the guy.

I'm actually having a but of trouble finding any more recent Daniels, but if anyone else does the guy deserves the love.

Ii would say that as much as Daniels still has it, Amell was surprisingly good considering that he is not a wrestler of any sorts. Yes he is a cross fit guy, and did train some years ago with Cody, but he has a wrestling career if he wants one. That match was better than every other celebrity match, and I could argue better than a lot of crap that has been on my TV.

I could also argue that with angle being the "natural" and Rousey picking up the business pretty quickly, that if Amell wanted to, and he could be very good really quick. You put him in the Performance Center for 6 months, and you could get another Blue Chip prodigy. They guys knows what to do, and how to do it, but is as green as his costume. Give Amell some time, he could be amazing.

And if rumors are true, he may be in his second to last season of Arrow, and may be only around until the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross over ends.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-23-2019 at 01:19 PM.

The Brain
    That Amell match was basically miraculous, really enjoyed it. Love me some Daniels.

I have never been in the group who dismisses someone because of their age. Their age + they can't move and they might die, sure. Their age + they only come around to main event WrestleMania or take off their boss hat to get over on someone, yes. But never simply age. If I am watching a guy like Daniels, and I don't know if he's 38 or 48, do I need to look him up to see his age so that I can know if I'm allowed to enjoy his work or not? Jericho brings this up in his podcast on AEW. Says when he sees the Stones, Mick Jagger is still the best front man in the world. Not for his age. Just the best. Perhaps this is more of a problem in WCW, where Bischoff (and I've listened to 83 Weeks and this is true) DID NOT/DOES NOT comprehend that someone who is not yet a superstar can BECOME one. He talks about hiring Bret and not really being excited about him but he needed superstars for THUNDER. This is twenty years later, and he still doesn't understand that Benoit, Eddy, Chris, could have been those guys. It may be a bigger problem in WWE, where people are overscripted and it's almost like anyone can stand in for anyone. But, and I think Jericho is right here, he says that if they didn't get his best in NJPW, that he would have been steamrolled and replaced by the talent on the roster. For me, there is no difference between getting mad at older talent that might hold down younger talent and pushing older talent out, not because of a lack of talent, but for age. Let Daniels work AEW and let him hold his own or not. Jericho, too. I really hope Cody is being legit about having very few writers and letting guys sink or swim on their own merit. That will go a ways to sort out what is what. Maybe that's too idealistic, but it really shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Mystic; 01-24-2019 at 01:12 PM.

I'm not sure that Bischoff didn't believe that people could become stars. He watched it happen first hand with Goldberg. I think that his issue was that when he signed Bret in '97 was that he needed stars for his added TV time that were stars right now.

Benoit, Eddie and Jericho could have been those guys eventually, but they needed stars right now. This is a problem in the current WWE, they bring people in from NXT and try to tell their audience that they are top guys right this minute. Then they don't get over immediately as top guys, become midcard comedy acts and eventually get cut or are sent to sit at home. Braun grew into a top guy over the span of like two years. AJ Styles took a few months of being established to the broader WWE audience before he was accepted as a top guy.

That might wind up being an uphill battle for AEW, actually. If they manage to catch on to a broader audience than say Being the Elite and ROH are currently getting, are they just going to make that assumption that if they sign Will Ospreay everyone will immediately know who he is and they can push him as a top guy? Because if they go from a few hundred thousand views on BTE to two million on TV every week that's a big jump and a lot of people who have likely never heard of a lot of these indy top guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Says when he sees the Stones, Mick Jagger is still the best front man in the world. Not for his age. Just the best.
    This is an entirely different conversation, and as always a matter of opinion, not fact. I could name a few front men that are better than Jagger. He's good, but not the best, in my opinion. Regardless of his age.

Freddie Mercury for one.
    Angelo Moore from Fishbone for another.
    Marilyn Manson was really good too.
    David Bowie
    Mike Patton
    Last edited by Powder; 01-24-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Not really the point that was being made, and a bit off topic in this bit of the board, don't ya think?

Oh completely, but I had to point out that we are all talking about opinions, when it comes to age etc,

but back on track....

Bischoff never knew what he had, and chose to overuse established people instead of letting the younger guys show what they could do. Take Benoit's personal demons out of the discussion, look who he had, and let go...

Austin
    Eddie
    Jericho
    Benoit
    Malenko
    Saturn to an extent