WWE TLC 2018 - LIVE DISCUSSION

Getting in there early with a thread for the next WWE PPV, TLC, on the 16th of December.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Will Strowman be back by then? if not, who what are the plans for the Rumble and moving forward?

If Surgery goes well and Strowman is back, then I see him beating Corbn and facing Lesnar one more time at Rumble as planned. But who knows if Strowman will finally take the title from Lesnar. I hope so, I really, really do. But it won't happen, as the WWE will set up Rollins to take the title from Lesnar at Mania.

But what kind of match are we getting from Rollins and Ambrose? A full TLC match? They could put on a show in this format.

Also, it will be a trainwreck, but I see Rousey squashing Nia, and then Charlotte attacking Rousey once again to set up a Rumble match between the two. BUT we need to have Backy vs Rousey 1-1 at Mania AND Becky needs to win that match. Rousey is a success in the WWE, but Becky is long term, and the crowd wants her. They are already turning on Rousey, and you can make Becky into the #1 face, of the company, not just of the Women. She is getting the CM Punk love. The Charlotte/Becky feud and the lead up for the Becky/Rousey match, especially with Becky getting bloodied and still kicking ass, AND with the doctors pulling her from the match, have really shotgunned Becky into the upper echelon. Pulling Becky may have actually helped make her more popular and MORE over. The crowd is in complete support for her, and she is making everyone else secondary. The WWE has another 18 second accident in their laps. That Mania match with Bryan and Sheamus thrust Bryan into the top, and so did this broken nose and concussion.

So I hope that we get the Rousey/Charlotte feud over by the Rumble, where Rousey should win and come out on top, but then go on to lose to Becky at Mania. The WWE could have everything they are looking for with the loss of Reigns in Becky.

Look at the possibility:
    Wrestlemania 35 headlined by women - a first.
    Having Rousey vs becky in the main event where Becky will have the entire crowd behind her and when she wins, the place will erupt and you will crown the NEW face of the company, like WM30 with Bryan.

man, I got off on a tangent, but oh well.

How do we get to Rousey/Becky, though? Champ vs champ cross promotional match? Does one of them drop their title and go in to win the Women’s Rumble and automatically challenge the other?

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    How do we get to Rousey/Becky, though? Champ vs champ cross promotional match? Does one of them drop their title and go in to win the Women’s Rumble and automatically challenge the other?
    Becky, or more likely Charlotte, does something to cost Ronda her match with Nia. It ends her undefeated streak, but does so in a tainted way that it doesn't hurt Ronda or damage the eventual matches with Charlotte or Becky (plus everyone here knows how much I hate undefeated wrestlers).

Charlotte can play it off as Ronda not "deserving" the belt, so that's why she did it. I just don't know how you get Charlotte/Ronda out of the way before Mania while still lining Ronda up for Becky. Maybe Charlotte costs Ronda, we do Ronda vs Charlotte at Rumble which Ronda wins (Charlotte can afford the loss and move on to another babyface for the time being), a Raw women wins the Rumble (maybe Alexa coming off the concussion?), and then Becky just straight up calls out Ronda across brands.

It would be a little refreshing to see a bad ass champion hand pick their next opponent when it's one of the other baddest wrestlers in the company. It'd be such a change from the heel hand picking the biggest underdog.

Apparently there’s still Elimination Chamber and Fastlane on the horizon. Along with the Rumble. Could end and start new feuds in that (6-ish week? I’m not sure how long in between “Network Events” they have nowadays) span, I suppose.

Looks like people are hyped up for this one then....

TLC Match Card:

Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox vs R-Truth & Carmella - Winners get #30 in Royal Rumble
    Seth Rollins(c) vs Dean Ambrose - Intercontinental Championship
    Elias vs Bobby Lashley - Ladder Match - Guitar above ring
    The Bar(c) vs The Usos vs The New Day - SmackDown Tag Team Championships
    Natalya vs Ruby Riott - Tables Match
    Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton - Chairs Match
    Buddy Murphy(c) vs Cedric Alexander - Cruiserweight Championship
    Finn Balor vs Drew McIntyre
    Braun Strowman vs Baron Corbin - TLC Match - If Braun wins, match with Brock at the Rumble & Corbin is out of power. If Corbin wins he is GM of Raw
    Ronda Rousey(c) vs Nia Jax - Raw Women's Championship
    Daniel Bryan(c) vs AJ Styles - WWE Championship
    Becky Lynch(c) vs Charlotte Flair vs Asuka -TLC Match - SmackDown Women's Championship
    Is it me, or is this card really huge? Which of these matches have been relegated to the pre-show?

Cruisers, Mixed Match, and or Natayla vs Riot

With the way Renee Young answered Corey Graves this week, who here agrees that she could go heel and become a valet for Dean Ambrose? If so, is it likely to happen here?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    With the way Renee Young answered Corey Graves this week, who here agrees that she could go heel and become a valet for Dean Ambrose? If so, is it likely to happen here?
    This is what I posred in the Dean Ambrose Thread about 3 weeks ago and I got essentially shot down:

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    The WWE, through Corey Graves, is pumping Renee Young on commentary for information about Ambrose. She is getting more annoyed each week especially tonight I can totally see her snapping and joining her husband.

If that is NOT the plan, then they have to leave her alone.
    Then I posted this 2 days ago...

i am so glad that last night Renee finally responded to Graves with an appropriate response to his Ambrose comments.

I'm am paraphrasing here, but when graves asked about Ambrose winning the IC title Renee said something like: "Come on, enough already" then Cole said "that's not fair", and Renee responded "but if he wins the IC title, that great for my household, as it will bring in more money". Good for her.
    But I totally agree. Either The WWE needs to let it go that Renee and Ambrose are married, OR turn Renee heel and have her join her husbansd. You really can't blur the line and have Graves keep saying shit.

Having Renee turn heel or become a valet would be so boring and uninspired and "pro wrestling". Renee as a heel would not be believable. Renee isn't an actress, she's a sportscaster and reporter, and having watched her for nearly a decade, unless she's taken some serious acting lessons she'd never be believable as a heel. She's too genuinely likable and friendly.

What's wrong with the way it's being done now? It's a few shades of grey.

They are married. People would be calling WWE out if they just ignored it and pretended that they weren't.

But take a moment to put yourself in Renee's shoes. Corey Graves, a heel, is needling you for information that is none of his, or the audience's, business. Michael Cole seems to have your back. What would you say? Would you go in-depth on your spouse's frame of mind, betray their confidence and and reveal things about your personal life that you shouldn't have to while you're just doing your job? Or would you do what Renee's doing, tell Graves that you "don't know" anything or to drop it in hopes that your friend and colleague (who is a heel) will take the hint and let it be, only to finally lose it on them and just give them something, which was really somewhat benign, to get them to leave you alone?

Marriage and relationships are complicated and Renee, in terms of the Ambrose angle, is probably the most realistic character on the show.

Renee is exactly the type of "real" character that people have been clamoring for, but they don't like it because it's not black and white and because they expect that if this were all real, she'd just tell the audience everything that there is to tell.

Remember when they turned Liz? Can't remember who's line it was but someone said it was like trying to make a heel out of Bambi.

Similar deal, I suspect.

Renee Young's so likeable that turning her heel just screams something WWE would do. Either they're addressing the elephant in the room and trying to avoid petty chants during Dean's segments or the seeds are being planted to evolve her onscreen character. Maybe not leaving the announce booth to be in her husband's corner but I could definitely see Vince doing an angle where Ambrose uses Renee to help screw Rollins out of the Intercontinental Title.

Then again, Corbin might do that himself after being shown up Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by SkitZ View Post
    Renee Young's so likeable that turning her heel just screams something WWE would do. Either they're addressing the elephant in the room and trying to avoid petty chants during Dean's segments or the seeds are being planted to evolve her onscreen character. Maybe not leaving the announce booth to be in her husband's corner but I could definitely see Vince doing an angle where Ambrose uses Renee to help screw Rollins out of the Intercontinental Title.

Then again, Corbin might do that himself after being shown up Monday night.
    If that's the case, Corbin costs Rollins the match and in turn, during Corbin's match with Braun, Seth Rollins attacks Corbin before Braun comes out so Braun gets the easy 1-2-3 so he doesn't have to do anything if he is still injured?

I have a very bad feeling inside that the WWE will have Charlotte win tonight and NOT Becky. They have a way of NOT listening to the audience (Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman) and pushing who they want.

Does the never ending Charlotte/Becky/Ronda story really need the title? Put the title on Asuka and let the other stories move in without the title. Finish the Charlotte/Becky story. (Maybe a loser leaves town match? Play it like Becky purposefully lost via DQ or some such angle so she had to go to Raw so she could get her hands on Ronda. Charlotte can win the Rumble and go on to challenge Asuka in a rematch from last year with the roles reversed.)

Gonna go out on a limb and say all WWE titles are so wounded nowadays that they all need to be on whoeve is hot, and stay on them until there's a reason to take it off them.

The real ones barely mean more than what you'd buy from the online store, so I don't think there's any value in trying to be clever and spread it around.

I agree that the Smackdown nor RAW title is not necessary for Becky vs Ronda match, but Becky deserves and the fans want a long, well respected title run for her.
    BUT, knowing the WWE, they want the title off her.

My suggestion is for Becky to retain tonight. Then we get a Becky vs Asuka match where Rousey runs in and costs Becky the title, like at the Royal Rumble, for retribution for the RAW segment, thus setting up their Mania match. Why the Rumble, because both will be there at the same time. Then you could have Charlotte win the Rumble challenging Asuka for Mania with the rematch that meandi suggested.

I agree that the Smackdown nor RAW title is not necessary for Becky vs Ronda match, but Becky deserves and the fans want a long, well respected title run for her.
    BUT, knowing the WWE, they want the title off her.

My suggestion is for Becky to retain tonight. Then we get a Becky vs Asuka match where Rousey runs in and costs Becky the title, like at the Royal Rumble, for retribution for the RAW segment, thus setting up their Mania match. Why the Rumble, because both will be there at the same time. Then you could have Charlotte win the Rumble challenging Asuka for Mania with the rematch that meandi suggested.
    I was pretty close, but off by a PPV. Rousey costs both Charlotte and Becky setting up the triple threat for Mania.