The Surprisingly Not Awful Baron Corbin Thread

As the name suggests, Baron Corbin went from a nothing special about him, balding tall wrestler, who was going nowhere, but Vince loved him because of his size, to a completely reinvented character on RAW. Corbin went from a relative failure to one of the main players on the Flagship show.

Cutting his hair and changing his clothes has done wonders for him, and he is surprisingly NOT Awful. Now that doesn't mean that I think he is great, but just NOT awful. I think he has a long way to go before giving him a Universal Title run, but the role he has been playing lately has worked for him, even with his lsow drawl on the mic. He can speak, and can jab back and forth with ease, just his speaking style seems weird and forced. Relax and go with it, Corbin.

What I want to see happen with him as a character is for Corbin to lose the General Manager role and to begin a good, long feud with someone where both guys can shine. Elias is right there, or even a Strowman feud where Corbin holds his own, and is NOT a chicken sh!t heel. You could even wait until after Mania and allow Corbin to step up and be the first challenger to Rollins, but allow Corbin to look good in the process.

Or the other option, of having Corbin turn face and have him feud with Dolph Ziggler or Drew McIntyre. Ziggler is perfect as he will put Corbin over and then McIntyre needs opponents.

You could even wait for Kevin Owens to return and have the two of them feud upon his return.

BUT whatever the WWE does with Corbin, there is ONE thing that MUST happen. The guy DESPERATELY NEEDS NEW THEME MUSIC!
    Last edited by Powder; 6 Days Ago at 09:22 AM.

TL;DR

Cause the thread title is incorrect. Corbin is still awful.

TL;DR???

Be fair, he is NOT awful, and he is NOT that bad.

I would rather watch Corbin all day long, than ever see Bobby Lashley or Lio Rush ever again. Those two are the reason you change the channel.
    Last edited by Powder; 6 Days Ago at 09:42 AM.

I haven't seen enough of him to comment really. But based on the reactions I've seen out there you're going to have to do a lot more than repeatedly capitalise not to get people to change their mind.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I only capitalized the fact that he needs new theme music, everything else was my opinion on why is is not awful, and projections on what could be his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I only capitalized the fact that he needs new theme music,
    You sure?

Cutting his hair and changing his clothes has done wonders for him, and he is surprisingly NOT Awful. Now that doesn't mean that I think he is great, but just NOT awful.

Elias is right there, or even a Strowman feud where Corbin holds his own, and is NOT a chicken sh!t heel.
    Be fair, he is NOT awful, and he is NOT that bad.
    Yeah, looks like you're repeatedly capitalising 'not' to me. Helps if you actually read what people say.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

He had/has promise but he hasn't evolved in ring and his delivery of written lines is worse than Reigns.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

He’s still better than Brock so I’d give him the title in a heartbeat. He’s not too dreadful and he’s no worse than most big men are early in their careers. He’s entertaining on the mic and gets heat. Contrary to what Rollins said, I think he’s very watchable.

Good write up Powder I would agree that changing his character has been a good idea, gives him a nice fresh feeling and gets him away from being the guy that lost MITB and got squashed by John Cena all in one week.

I think the general manager role is a good fit and I wouldn’t mind it continuing however he still has a long way to go. I would like to see him involved in a midcard feud over the IC title. I think he could actually be quite a good custodian of it for a while fighting off the likes of Elias, Balor or even a face Apollo.

@Sir_Samuel