Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 107
  1. #1
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659

    The Freak Lars Sullivan

    Why is the WWE debuting Lars Sullivan now? Or within a few weeks? That would mean that he will have to be a part of Mania (most likely in the ARMBAR), but why not wait until the RAW or Smackdown after Mania?

    Do you think that the WWE has immediate plans for him?

  2. #2
    I could see him being pushed pretty quickly. I'd send him to Smackdown and have him feud with Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    971
    It is an odd time for a debut, for sure, but I think WWE sees an opportunity to create a new monster. And bringing him in to be dominant in the Rumble, initially, works in that regard. And yeah, then adding in the Andre Royal to his early accomplishments, again, builds on that.

    I like Lars.

  4. #4
    Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    436
    As we saw on Raw this week, there seems to be a few more debuts happening sooner rather than later. I'm all for it, because holding off debuts / returns until after Wrestlemania hasn't been producing a lot of game-changers for a while now - as seen with The Revival, Authors of Pain, Ember Moon, No Way Jose, Bobby Lashley, and so on.

    I think Lars has a good look that they can use to build a monster. Personally, I haven't dug him much during his NXT run, but can certainly appreciate what he can bring to the table. We'll see what the future holds for him.

  5. #5
    I just hope they don't make him into a modern day Snitsky.

  6. #6
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,311
    Now be fair - that wasn't his fault...

    I think I'm with you, Deg. I'm all for there being tropes and structures in place where it comes to storyline things. But where it doesn't make sense in kayfabe I don't think those tropes should be obvious. The whole idea of us all knowing that people come in at a certain time of year but there being no real reason for it is anathema to me.

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Now be fair - that wasn't his fault...

    I think I'm with you, Deg. I'm all for there being tropes and structures in place where it comes to storyline things. But where it doesn't make sense in kayfabe I don't think those tropes should be obvious. The whole idea of us all knowing that people come in at a certain time of year but there being no real reason for it is anathema to me.
    Of course it isn't his fault, but can we really trust creative to not misuse him? Nakamara, Braun Strowman, Rusev, and more I could list. Granted, we are supposedly in a new era of wrestling according to the McMahons, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    971
    The trouble with doing a huge block of NXT call-ups in one instant is that it doesn't allow for any logic behind their call-ups, and it also means they're asking the audience to become familiar with a host of new characters all at once.

    You know when they reboot TV programs with a new cast, and then they inevitably fall on their face within a season? That's how the NXT call-ups are working right now. It's like Scrubs season 9.

  9. #9
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    I agree. The call ups seem to be trying to put a band aid on a broken leg. Call up some rookies, with fresh faces, and make some new match ups, but if they do not change the product, it is destined to fail.

    However, with that said, here is how I would handle where the call ups should go.

    Lars Sullivan, Nikki Cross, and Heavy Machinery to Smackdown. Smackdown needs a Monster type, and another talented person in the Woman's division b/c how many times can we watch Charlotte vs Becky? Also based on last night's Smackdown, it looks like the tag division may be getting a well needed shot in the arm, if you add in Heavy Machinery we could finally have a true tag division. The GB, Usos, New Day, Sanity, Bar and Heavy Machinery. Lots of new and fresh match ups.

    Lacey Evans and EC3 to RAW. Vince loves both of their looks and EC3 is a well seasoned performer and could go directly into a main event position. Lacey would be a welcomed addition to a lacking Women's division.

  10. #10
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,311
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Of course it isn't his fault, but can we really trust creative to not misuse him?
    Missed the joke. Never mind, it wasn't very funny anyway.

    But yeah, totally with you Oli. The no rhyme or reason thing is honestly setting people up to fail. Kinda like the Scrubs example, too.

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  11. #11
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Missed the joke. Never mind, it wasn't very funny anyway.
    yes it was...

    Last edited by Powder; 12-19-2018 at 09:02 AM.

  12. #12
    OOF. I was referring to the 2008 snitsky so I ignored the joke haha.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    25
    I wanted to like Lars, but unlike AJ Styles or Randy Orton, whose political views I may not agree with but can - 100% admittedly hypocritically - look past and enjoy the work of (not so much Orton most of the time, but definitely AJ), I think Lars is a racist dumbass and hope he flops.

    I will readily admit my bias is not consistent, but that's kind of how things go. If John Lennon put out his first single tomorrow and it is widely known how abusive he is/was to his wive(s), I'd be like, "Fuck that abusive asshole and his music!" ...But I didn't know about that stuff when I was introduced to A Hard Day's Night and Rubber Soul when I was 7. I didn't know the dark side of John Lennon when I fell in love with his music. So, of course, when you get older and connect the dots in your late teens and realize the guy who wrote "All You Need Is Love" was kind of a drug-abusing monster, it makes you rethink your love of his work- but then you hear "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" or "Norwegian Wood" again and you're just like, "Fuck it, dude was a friggin' Beatle and The Beatles fucking rule."

    AJ Styles might be a homophobic, anti-choice pseudo-Bible Thumper, but dude's a friggin' wrestling Beatle. That magic he does in the ring? Those stories he tells? He is The Walrus. Koo-koo-ka-choo.

    Lars Sullivan doesn't have a "Strawberry Fields Forever" in his resume, let alone a "Dig A Pony." And, so, fuck Lars Sullivan. If he wants to win me over, he's gonna have to produce some Sgt. Pepper's-level shit fast because I don't dig meathead xenophobes.

  14. #14
    Member #25 SirSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,439
    I read somewhere that the guy has been suffering anxiety issues ahead of his debut. My heart goes out to him, that stuff is no fun, he must feel like he is getting crushed by a potentially huge Mania program and the fact he knows he isn't holding up.

  15. #15
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,311
    You feel for him indeed, but I imagine it's better for everyone that you find that out now rather than on live TV once it's all started.

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    26
    I just feel like they've messed Braun up so much why should I trust them not to mess up Sullivan even if he does get a push

  17. #17
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    Apparently Sullivan is almost set to return and will most likely make his return on the RAW after Mania and will be paired with Heyman to take some of the stress off of him. He is also rumored to be pushed to the main event quickly and may even be Universal champ by the end of 2019.

  18. #18
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    554
    So Lars is in trouble again.

  19. #19
    Transgender Terror
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    191
    He's a scumbag asshole.

  20. #20
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    If he still has a job in the WWE by the end of tomorrow, that could make sponsors and FOX break their contracts.

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    435
    Is he, though? It's the same thing -- old Bodybuilding.com posts -- just being brought up again. It didn't make Fox or any sponsors sketchy last time it made the news, it didn't even prevent them from trying to call him up when it came out at back in January, and I doubt that it will now.

    He said some real shitty stuff on a forum a few years ago. A forum that I have frequented in the past and is notorious for people trying to be "edgy". It's probably as much of a cesspool as Reddit, they're just good about banning the open nutjobs.

    Whether those are views that he holds in his heart, or something that he said just to get a reaction I do not know. But I think that Big E had the best response. He has to live with the fact that he either believes, or possibly worse, just said those things because he knew they were shitty and his minority co-workers that he spends 250+ days per year in tight quarters with know about it. If he's a genuine racist piece of shit, he's going to have to watch as deserving minorities get opportunities that they are due and just live with it. If he said that just to get a reaction, he's going to have to live with the fact that his co-workers will never fully trust or respect him.

    At some point, that becomes a worse punishment than firing him and letting him go back into anonymity to live his life and probably make a good living as a personal trainer or something away from the people in the "wrestling bubble" that know what he said.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    455
    The only way Fox or any of WWE's sponsors are breaking off contracts with them is if the ratings absolutely crater (you could argue they are now, but there's still room to fall) or if a massive scandal hits the company. They aren't ending a deal over Lars Sullivan. Now they should absolutely fire Lars Sullivan over these reprehensible actions that, besides casual racism and sexism, include him raving about a white nationalist band (that featured a man who committed a racially motivated mass shooting) and making sexually derogatory statements about one of his bosses, but if it does come to that it'll be because it's a locker room issue, not a sponsor issue.

    Frankly I think the biggest issue with this Sullivan story is how, despite being known for months, it hasn't prevented him from getting a decent push and the locker room, minus Big E, ignoring it publicly. Meanwhile Lio Rush this past week got raked through the coals by fans and WWE employees because he had the audacity to complain about carrying water coolers and his salary. That is apparently disrespecting the business by violating some unwritten code in the eyes of some WWE talent and fans...but Lars Sullivan saying the current WWE Champion looks like he should be in a prison gang isn't? It's very troubling to me that Lio Rush has been ostracized and labeled a locker room cancer because he wouldn't take part in a few traditions, but Lars Sullivan can worship white nationalist bands, make fun of people with anxiety disorders (irony!), say there's "a gray area between sex and rape (WTF?!) and bash several of his colleagues (including his trainers) and get a push. I don't care how many years ago it was. There's an immense double standard there and it needs to be pointed out.


  23. #23
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    The only way Fox or any of WWE's sponsors are breaking off contracts with them is if the ratings absolutely crater (you could argue they are now, but there's still room to fall) or if a massive scandal hits the company. They aren't ending a deal over Lars Sullivan. Now they should absolutely fire Lars Sullivan over these reprehensible actions that, besides casual racism and sexism, include him raving about a white nationalist band (that featured a man who committed a racially motivated mass shooting) and making sexually derogatory statements about one of his bosses, but if it does come to that it'll be because it's a locker room issue, not a sponsor issue.

    Frankly I think the biggest issue with this Sullivan story is how, despite being known for months, it hasn't prevented him from getting a decent push and the locker room, minus Big E, ignoring it publicly. Meanwhile Lio Rush this past week got raked through the coals by fans and WWE employees because he had the audacity to complain about carrying water coolers and his salary. That is apparently disrespecting the business by violating some unwritten code in the eyes of some WWE talent and fans...but Lars Sullivan saying the current WWE Champion looks like he should be in a prison gang isn't? It's very troubling to me that Lio Rush has been ostracized and labeled a locker room cancer because he wouldn't take part in a few traditions, but Lars Sullivan can worship white nationalist bands, make fun of people with anxiety disorders (irony!), say there's "a gray area between sex and rape (WTF?!) and bash several of his colleagues (including his trainers) and get a push. I don't care how many years ago it was. There's an immense double standard there and it needs to be pointed out.
    I have to agree with every single point you have. And even the fans who are enabling this by saying it was a long time ago, and then them going at Lio, and calling Sasha a bitch. They enable WWE to allow them to keep a Lars. I'm a company trying to appeal to different markets, forget doing to right thing, someone like Lars should be toxic. It's disturbing to see.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 05-09-2019 at 12:48 PM.

  24. #24
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    Remember Vince and Linda are very right wing Conservative, so they might actually believe some of the stuff that Lars said, and think it is no big deal. But when 2 young black employees cause an issue, they take offense to that (hence Lio and Sasha).

    I am not saying it is the case in any way, but I am just pointing out possibilities.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-09-2019 at 09:38 AM.

  25. #25
    I agree that the double standard should be addressed. However if these things were said and posted years ago (more than 5 years ago), then what's done is done. I don't think Lars should be punished for it because his views and opinions could have changed since then. However, if he still retains those views and opinions, then it's best to let him go. In regards to Sasha, I don't know if she is in the wrong, because quite honestly we don't know exactly what happened or what she was promised. Lio should be released because he's always had a chip on his shoulder and an attitude problem that dates back to when he made that tweet about Emma after losing her job. Also, if I remember correctly, didn't he in his recent twitter (or Instagram?) posts make his situation out to be a race issue?

  26. #26
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    I cannot agree with the "well if it happened 5+ years ago" type of mentality. Look to the Oscars. Kevin hart was supposed to host them, but he made some off color remarks in his FUCKING STAND UP ROUTINE almost 10+ year prior, where off color statements and inappropriate humor is basically accepted because it is part of an act, and he was ousted from hosting the Oscars.

    If the WWE does not fire Lars, what is that saying? If the entertainment community and the country got all up in arms about a STAND UP COMEDIAN making inappropriate comments as part of an act, how can the WWE pass off what Sullivan said on a message board, where he posted his beliefs? That is the double standard, that is the nonsense.

    Unfortunately in today's world, there is no grey, it is black or white. He made those comments and they are/were his beliefs (they were not part of a character or an act), like Hart did, and he has to atone for his sins. The WWE has to take action, otherwise it can and will backfire against them.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-09-2019 at 10:54 AM.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    455
    It's not just that these comments were five years ago or ten years ago or whatever (and again, that shouldn't matter given how absolutely terrible they were, which I'll go into again), it's the fact that WWE has let these comments by Lars slide while Lio Rush is on the verge of being released for...what exactly? Not carrying water coolers? Complaining about his pay? Having his wife backstage? Breaking some unwritten locker room code?

    I understand that's part of the wrestling culture and all but it's impossible for me to sit here and not think there's a double standard when guys like Mark Henry and unnamed locker room sources are slamming Lio for his behavior, only to then have nothing to say about Lars. A guy who, let me remind you, made the following comments on this forum (and I don't want to hear that "this can't be conclusively proven it's him." The moron posted photos of himself on this forum. It's definitely him. That defense is even lamer than the "IT WAS MANY YEARS AGO" defense). He implied African American's are lazy and that they're "the race that robs the most." He referred to Mexicans as "wet backs and poor." He raved about the song "White Revolution" by white nationalist band Blue Eyed Devils, who's guitarist, Wade Page, committed the racially motivated Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting in August 2012, only a few years after the aforementioned post. He said there was a grey area between rape and consensual sex. He talked about (ironically given his recent battle with anxiety) that people with mental illnesses are "pretty weak minded" and that it had led to the talk of "the pussification of America." He accused Vince McMahon of exploiting certain races, most notably Mexicans, for money. He said R-Truth and Kofi Kingston, the current WWE Champion, looked like they could be in a black prison gang. He said Muslims should be demonized for their religion and that people from middle eastern countries shouldn't be allowed into the US, even for tourism because "they praise and protect terrorist." He joked about Chris Kanyon killing himself. And this is just SOME of the examples; there's a shit ton more if you look hard enough.

    This asshole said all of that. And yet I don't hear Mark Henry coming out here to call him out. I don't hear any unnamed WWE sources coming to call him out; in fact the only thing I hear is that they're hoping this story blows over. They have no problem going on and on about Lio Rush being a locker room cancer because he refused to do this and that and hasn't paid his dues (never mind the fact that Rush was a well known star in Ring of Honor prior to signing with WWE) but then when it comes out that Lars Sullivan is/was a a shit human being it's radio silence? Bullshit. Bullshit. I don't care if you feel Lio broke some unwritten, longstanding locker room code because he dared to not carry around water coolers or wanted to bring his wife and an entourage backstage or that Lars' comments were years ago and they now don't matter because "maybe he's changed" or "I hope he's changed." I hope he has too; one reformed racist, homophobic bigot in the world is a good thing. But the fact of the matter is he hasn't apologized to anyone for these remarks (he apologized to management. Okay) and no matter how you feel about locker room codes, etiquette and "PAYING YOUR DUES", what Lars did is way worse than anything people are getting on Lio Rush about. If people in WWE can get on Rush for stuff as inconsequential as that, someone surely can join Big E (huge props to him for taking a stand) in publicly saying this is bullshit.


  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    971
    Quite genuinely - fuck this dude.

  29. #29
    Well the WWE still won't do anything to him about it. Look at Hulk Hogan. He's back in :/ Maybe they shouldn't be compared, but still.

  30. #30
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    554
    I can actually understand Hulk. Everything he said was in private, and it got out. A suspension and eventually comeback I think was fair, plus he was born in the South in 1953, grew up in the South during the Civil Rights era and huge conflict, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair (who has had reports against), are the old white men that grew up on the wrong side of history. With Lars though, there is NO MORE "side of history." History is settled, Racism lost. People who hold these views lost. And he said WAY worse than Hogan. Hogan admitted in private he hold racist views and gets mad when black men date his daughter. He admits that it's racist. That's very bad, yes, but not surprising from an old white man from the South in his 60's. I can honestly say, Hogan's moved off my list of favorite wrestlers, he was #1 actually. But as someone who works in diversity and deals with racism, I actually sort of understand in a very odd way.

    Lars was looking to a whole White Supremacy thing, going WAY beyond just not liking people, but looking at White Revolution, which I'd assume means killing People of Color for the name of Whiteness. He DOWNPLAYED RAPE! This was all 8 years ago, that doesn't just go away. He was an adult when he posted this. That's the stuff in his heart, and the stuff he supports goes way beyond. He's in the dark part of racism, he's in the full on hatred mode. And these were posted by him as an adult. He needs to be fired from WWE. I don't know what more can be done, because I don't think no one is convinced he has changed his views at all.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,051
    He should be fired for the simple fact that those views are known and he hasn’t apologized for them...WWE doesn’t care but like, people find out about this stuff and it can have a lasting effect if nothing is done.. Not just on fans, but the wrestlers that work there.. it’s gotta be uncomfortable.

  32. #32
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,659
    I think it's a bit ironic that he is now in a sort of program with R-Truth, with whom he believes looks like a gang member criminal. R-Truth has enough stature in the WWE, and apparently with Vince to pull some rank on Lars, and say that he will not do the job for him.

    This is Truth's 14th year with the company, and his 11th in this run, where he has been a loyal employee who does whatever he is asked to do.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-09-2019 at 02:35 PM.

  33. #33
    Lars should be fired immediately but it's weird comparing this with Lio Rush. Why can't both deserve to be fired? Sounds like Lio is a self-entitled prick who nobody wants to work with, or even be in the presence of. And he's had that reputation before WWE.

  34. #34
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Lars should be fired immediately but it's weird comparing this with Lio Rush. Why can't both deserve to be fired? Sounds like Lio is a self-entitled prick who nobody wants to work with, or even be in the presence of. And he's had that reputation before WWE.
    It's being compared because people hate Black people "with attitudes" and Lio is getting punished for doing way less; while Lars is working and nothing is being done for something he never apologized for.

  35. #35
    Still completely different situations. You can be fired for many reasons, and some are very silly and have to do with perceived respect. It's like that everywhere. You know how Lio can fix it? Just shut up and do what every single other worker does when they start with WWE. Lio is a moron who can easily fix his situation, and if he's too stupid to realize it, he should go.

    Lars just needs to go. Can't fix that.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 05-09-2019 at 03:31 PM.

  36. #36
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    It's being compared because people hate Black people "with attitudes" and Lio is getting punished for doing way less; while Lars is working and nothing is being done for something he never apologized for.
    I don't know how much Lars is getting a pass because he's white. He's getting a pass in WWE because he is the physical embodiment of everything Vince McMahon wants on top of his cards. He's a literal giant.

    Lio Rush has been on thin ice from the second he walked into the company. I know that some of these traditions seem silly to people on the outside, but they exist for a reason. A hierarchy in pro wrestling exists for a reason. It's not to keep anyone down, it's so that everyone on some small level has to experience what everyone else did and pay their dues. Reigns did that shit. Nobody is above it. I'll stop booking people because they don't shake peoples hands. I don't care if they're good and otherwise respectful, a part of respect for wrestling is respect for tradition.

    But Lio Rush is four foot nothing and 160-lbs. He's the exact opposite of what Vince sees potential in. He's been on the cusp from day one, but doesn't think that he should have to "pay those dues" or earn that spot. I've met the guy, he's a shithead that feels he's owed. He also happens to be black. If he were white, if it were Rockstar Spud pulling this same shit, he'd be in the same position (he might have even been fired already).

    Hoooooooowever. The thing that stands out to me is that Lars has never acknowledged this. Maybe that's on the office's orders, who knows. But, yes, the fact that he has never acknowledged, let alone apologized for, these comments is reprehensible. He needs to own up to his actions.

  37. #37
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Still completely different situations. You can be fired for many reasons, and some are very silly and have to do with perceived respect. It's like that everywhere. You know how Lio can fix it? Just shut up and do what every single other worker does when they start with WWE. Lio is a moron who can easily fix his situation, and if he's too stupid to realize it, he should go.

    Lars just needs to go. Can't fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    I don't know how much Lars is getting a pass because he's white. He's getting a pass in WWE because he is the physical embodiment of everything Vince McMahon wants on top of his cards. He's a literal giant.

    Lio Rush has been on thin ice from the second he walked into the company. I know that some of these traditions seem silly to people on the outside, but they exist for a reason. A hierarchy in pro wrestling exists for a reason. It's not to keep anyone down, it's so that everyone on some small level has to experience what everyone else did and pay their dues. Reigns did that shit. Nobody is above it. I'll stop booking people because they don't shake peoples hands. I don't care if they're good and otherwise respectful, a part of respect for wrestling is respect for tradition.

    But Lio Rush is four foot nothing and 160-lbs. He's the exact opposite of what Vince sees potential in. He's been on the cusp from day one, but doesn't think that he should have to "pay those dues" or earn that spot. I've met the guy, he's a shithead that feels he's owed. He also happens to be black. If he were white, if it were Rockstar Spud pulling this same shit, he'd be in the same position (he might have even been fired already).

    Hoooooooowever. The thing that stands out to me is that Lars has never acknowledged this. Maybe that's on the office's orders, who knows. But, yes, the fact that he has never acknowledged, let alone apologized for, these comments is reprehensible. He needs to own up to his actions.
    One thing, if Lio ever sues for wrongful termination, can you imagine a judge saying, "why was he fired," and then Jerry McDevitt answering, "he didn't carry a water cooler for a veteran wrestler." Then the judge asking, "was that part of his contract or job discription?" Only to hear, "while, no, but it's an unwritten rule." LMFAO. I work at a college, we are contently trying to bring Greek Life to the 21 Century. Times have changed, and as a publicly traded corporation, WWE needs to really update the way they do business to fit into the corporate world.

  38. #38
    Refusing to follow your boss' orders, giving minimal effort and bitching about your job on social media are all reasons to fire anybody from any job. This has nothing to do with the times changing. This is a self-entitled guy who wants success handed to him. And like I said, he can fix his situation very easily.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 05-09-2019 at 04:42 PM.

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    455
    Am I really supposed to believe the tradition of pro wrestling will be ruined because Lio Rush didn't want to carry a gorram water cooler?! I understand he may full of himself (something many people have said) and can understand if he just blew people off and refused to shake people's hands, but the latter point isn't what happened. What happened is he refused to carry the cooler, invited his wife and a group of people backstage, didn't want to take advice from Mark Henry and complained that he isn't getting paid as much as he's worth (something that is true about most wrestlers, only he was the only one with the balls to say it publicly). To have nuclear heat over that is ridiculous, especially since the guy is a five year veteran who was a well known independent wrestling star (and a guy who appeared on TV for Ring of Honor) before signing. I won't deny he's cocky, but if I had that experience and then I was treated like a rookie (especially compared to some people who don't have the experience Rush has) I wouldn't give a shit about traditions either. Especially when that bullshit is so outdated.

    But even if I were to agree with him being an asshole over this, it still doesn't change the fact that the reaction to both situations is incredibly hypocritical. Mark Henry made it a point to go out there and rake Lio Rush over the coals, yet with Lars Sullivan we get nothing. Someone brought up Sasha Banks earlier; recently we had Booker T chide her for her actions, something I doubt you'll get from him regarding Lars (and something that was also hypocritical considering Booker walked out on Impact after he refused to put over Matt Morgan). If you can find it in yourself to get so offended and high and mighty over something as silly as proper locker room etiquette, then I would think it would be simple to call out a guy who, among other things, was racially insensitive to the guy who is your WWE Champion and hasn't apologized for it. I can't stand hypocrisy and this is it of the highest order from some people in that company. If you have a problem with something as minor as what Lio Rush did but then say nothing over what Lars Sullivan did then that tells me all I need to know about you.


  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,051
    Truth is, WWE wasn't/isn't happy with Lio hence all these guys speaking out against him. They won't do that with Lars because he's getting a push.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •