Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I feel like refusing to hold a water cooler wouldn't be as much of an issue if it wasn't for what he's done before. Stuff adds up.

Many people are very comfortable with WWE's position with Lars and Lio, which is why I'm my first post I said the fans are enabling this hypocrisy.

Just so its out there, Lars sent a statement to a site saying in effect 'that he's not that person anymore and that he apologies to anyone he offended. '

Weak imo but at least he did something.

There's more but i didn't feel like copy and pasting it over.
    Last edited by LK3185; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:35 AM.

Transgender Terror
    Maybe we can kick him in the balls?

He seems like a smart individual. Maybe he can work a field where you don't have to interact with most of the nationalities in the world.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Transgender Terror
    Maybe we can kick him in the nads though, too.

*nards.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Just so its out there, Lars sent a statement to a site saying in effect 'that he's not that person anymore and that he apologies to anyone he offended.'
    While I'm all for reform and learning - heck, I'm 32 and not the same person I was 5 years ago, let alone the person I was 10 years ago, but the core values I've held throughout my adult life have never changed and are ones I still build on today. The depth and level of his comments suggest these are things that are not just easily forgotten/moved on from.

I mean, this is a long history of repeated behaviour, it's not one off posts here or there. There are some where he is derogatory to his current co-workers. There are some where he's diminishing sexual assault. There are some where he says gay men should be made to feel like 'worthless outcast[s] of society'. There are some where he seems to call for ethnic cleansing in America, I understand. There are multiple posts, so I find it hard to swallow that he's changed so much in five years that some or all of these opinion are not currently still his personal views, or at least that there is some remnant of them in his core values. It's not like these comments were made when he was a callow, undereducated teenager - he was a full grown adult who should have some awareness of the world.

So, as far as I'm concerned, he's a racist, homophobic fucknut.

And yes, we should kick him in the nuts.
    Last edited by Oliver; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:13 AM.

I thought you were Brits were required to say bollocks.

Bollocks, scrotum, nutsack, dick. Whatever. Kick him in it.

It was a very weak statement. Very PR, and not very effective. But whatever. I'm sure WWE had someone write it up and he put his name on it. But realistically, he didn't address the real cause of people's outrage. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    While I'm all for reform and learning - heck, I'm 32 and not the same person I was 5 years ago, let alone the person I was 10 years ago, but the core values I've held throughout my adult life have never changed and are ones I still build on today. The depth and level of his comments suggest these are things that are not just easily forgotten/moved on from.

I mean, this is a long history of repeated behaviour, it's not one off posts here or there. There are some where he is derogatory to his current co-workers. There are some where he's diminishing sexual assault. There are some where he says gay men should be made to feel like 'worthless outcast[s] of society'. There are some where he seems to call for ethnic cleansing in America, I understand. There are multiple posts, so I find it hard to swallow that he's changed so much in five years that some or all of these opinion are not currently still his personal views, or at least that there is some remnant of them in his core values. It's not like these comments were made when he was a callow, undereducated teenager - he was a full grown adult who should have some awareness of the world.

So, as far as I'm concerned, he's a racist, homophobic fucknut.

And yes, we should kick him in the nuts.
    If there's room to accept Hulk Hogan's apology, there should be room to accept his. We're talking about double standards earlier, but letting Hulk get a pass instead of Lars could be seen as a double standard based on Hulk being a legend. I know the argument he did it in private, but he still had those thoughts which in itself should be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    If there's room to accept Hulk Hogan's apology, there should be room to accept his. We're talking about double standards earlier, but letting Hulk get a pass instead of Lars could be seen as a double standard based on Hulk being a legend. I know the argument he did it in private, but he still had those thoughts which in itself should be wrong.
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, Hogan's views where not surprising. A white man, born in the south, grew up during the Civil Rights Era, who got mad when a Black man was dating his daughter. His views were wrong, I PERSONALLY think he should still be suspended until he gives a TRUE apology, which he hasn't; but I'd be lying if I was surprised. But without the tape, we would never know Hogan to have those views, and I'd dare say we might think very differently of him. After all, he teamed regularly with Black partners in the 80's, was good friends with Mr. T, Kamala talked about him telling Kamala to get his worth and being easy to working with, and he supported Obama. He might have held racist views, but in public he didn't show he was racist. To compare the two are COMPLETELY different.

Lars is a much younger man, who grew up in a much different time period, still having these views is very troubling and very much something that will hinder him the rest of his career. Especially with a non-apology that he gave. And what Lars said was WAY different. Much different, and much, much, much worse. And honestly, in this day of age, what Lars said was down right shocking! Straight up, the bluntness of his racism was downright shocking.

Kalisto's response when asked about Lars:

“He just needs to stay out of my way. I’m Latino.”
    Good for Kalisto and he's right, but Lars takes craps bigger than him.

He'll just have Sin Cara as his bodyguard.

Honestly, if Lars started anything with anybody in the locker room, he would probably get his ass handed to him so he likely keeps to himself and his mouth shut.

Sin Cara is legit. He's American, but spent most his time in Mexico, and many of the luchadors in Mexico are legit as fuck! Except Juvi, Juvi's a bitch... LOL.

I will not stand for this Juice slander!

The Juice, or as WCW called him, the Pebble.

Transgender Terror
    So we're all in agreement about kicking Lars in the meat clackers, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, Hogan's views where not surprising. A white man, born in the south, grew up during the Civil Rights Era, who got mad when a Black man was dating his daughter. His views were wrong, I PERSONALLY think he should still be suspended until he gives a TRUE apology, which he hasn't; but I'd be lying if I was surprised. But without the tape, we would never know Hogan to have those views, and I'd dare say we might think very differently of him. After all, he teamed regularly with Black partners in the 80's, was good friends with Mr. T, Kamala talked about him telling Kamala to get his worth and being easy to working with, and he supported Obama. He might have held racist views, but in public he didn't show he was racist. To compare the two are COMPLETELY different.

Lars is a much younger man, who grew up in a much different time period, still having these views is very troubling and very much something that will hinder him the rest of his career. Especially with a non-apology that he gave. And what Lars said was WAY different. Much different, and much, much, much worse. And honestly, in this day of age, what Lars said was down right shocking! Straight up, the bluntness of his racism was downright shocking.
    White he may have grown up with those views, he should have grew out of them by now. I'm sorry but I don't buy into that. Everyone knows right from wrong and eventually learns. As far as not showing it in public, doesn't matter imo. It's still wrong to think that way in the first place. They both were in the wrong point blank.

I will not stand for this Juice slander!
    Same!

I've not forgiven Hogan. He's a piece of shit, too.

LWO doesn't forgive Hogan either, but he can at least comprehend why Hogan thinks that way. he was born and raised in that culture. It does not forgive or condone the ideas and behavior, but it just gives perspective.

Lars was born in 1988 in Colorado and was raised in the time where racism, while still prevalent, is NOT treated the same way. Hogan was born before the civil rights movement in the south, and Sullivan was raised in the 90s and 00s, where he should at least know better than to state his opinions on public forum over the internet. He is a millennial where he knows better.

So there is a slight difference between Hogan and Sullivan, not forgiving either or condoning either, but pointing out the difference.

One's a racist who should know better, and the other's just a racist idiot?

There's a common word in those two, and it's the key one.

The only difference I see is one is an old man that's not going to be in high profile WWE spots (random appearances
    at Wrestlemania mean nothing to me.) and the other is a young man who is currently being pushed and has not faced any type of punishment for the disgusting views he has had.

Whether you forgive one or not doesn't really matter to me, Lars can have a piss poor apolgy and nothing changes in his life.

From the WWE:

Below is WWE’s full statement on the punishment:

“WWE supports a culture of inclusion regardless of gender, race, religion or sexual orientation, and we are committed to embracing all individuals as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.

Dylan Miley (aka Lars Sullivan) will be fined $100,000 and required to complete sensitivity training for offensive commentary uncovered from his past. WWE will also facilitate meetings for Dylan with community organizations to foster further discussion around the power of social media and the impact of your words.”
    This is NOT acceptable. I believe that he should be fired, not fined and sent to "sensitivity training".

Lol at “sensitivity training”. We went through this in the military. It’s a joke of a power point presentation that won’t change any preconceived notions the individual already has. It’s nothing more than a PR stunt to protect the ‘E if anything comes from this in the future. They know it; we know it; the general public knows it. What a fucking joke.

They put out that statement because of sponsors. If people really don’t want Lars around, then you will have to be silent when he comes out, support nothing he does in the ring with cheers or boos. Will take a little longer but WWE will have no choice but to quietly release him.

Now so few will read this but that’s what it would take. A rejection by fans so severe. But I doubt that will happen. The fan base isn’t the brightest

Transgender Terror
    And kick him in the fellas.

This was all about sponsors. Someone the other day sent a bunch (or possibly all) of the quotes Sullivan made to the parent company of Snickers (one of WWE's biggest sponsors and the same sponsor that got the Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal name changed) and they responded back to the person saying they were going to be reaching out to WWE. It was clear then something was going to happen and this appears to be it. I personally don't think it's that strong a punishment either but it's pretty clear that WWE is only going to go so far in punishing him (hence why they sat on this for so long despite knowing it since at least the fall) so I wouldn't expect much more unless a sponsor demands he get fired.

Anyone know what he earns as a base figure? I've seen it suggested that it's about 20% of his annual guarantee that he's been fined.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Obviously the WWE feel like they have done everything that they need to. I turned the channel when he came on, but last night on SDL there was a video package and a backstage interview with Lars continuing his push.

However, what seems to either be a really weird coincidence, almost every one of the people that Lars has squashed in his push has been minorities. Rey, Truth, The, Singh Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Anyone know what he earns as a base figure? I've seen it suggested that it's about 20% of his annual guarantee that he's been fined.
    People think Lars has a guarantee of 500k a year? I highly doubt he’s making even half that. Most guys come up still on their NXT deals

It seemed a lot to me, but that's the only number I've seen, so in the absence of any other information....

I don't know info on Lars deal but Lio apparently turned down 300K and asked for 600k per which tells me that most coming from NXT are in the high five figures, low six figures range, with exceptions to bigger names. Lars doesn't have that cred.

Eh, I'd call that reasonable but not conclusive. All you have to do is imagine that Vince would pay Lars more than Lio - not implausible based on their size difference alone - and you're back to square one.

That said, I think I've sussed out where the original source has made it's mistake. I think there's a figure floating around there about the 'average' superstar earning about 500k and they've gone ahead and taken that as meaning everybody gets that when they come out of NXT, which is a damn silly leap to have made. I do think he's probably not on the NXT deal anymore because based on what I'd read about those guys that'd be the equivalent of more than a year's salary (or near enough), which as fines go is pretty much draconian.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    LWO doesn't forgive Hogan either, but he can at least comprehend why Hogan thinks that way. he was born and raised in that culture. It does not forgive or condone the ideas and behavior, but it just gives perspective.

Lars was born in 1988 in Colorado and was raised in the time where racism, while still prevalent, is NOT treated the same way. Hogan was born before the civil rights movement in the south, and Sullivan was raised in the 90s and 00s, where he should at least know better than to state his opinions on public forum over the internet. He is a millennial where he knows better.

So there is a slight difference between Hogan and Sullivan, not forgiving either or condoning either, but pointing out the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    One's a racist who should know better, and the other's just a racist idiot?

There's a common word in those two, and it's the key one.
    The only difference I see is one is an old man that's not going to be in high profile WWE spots (random appearances
    at Wrestlemania mean nothing to me.) and the other is a young man who is currently being pushed and has not faced any type of punishment for the disgusting views he has had.

Whether you forgive one or not doesn't really matter to me, Lars can have a piss poor apolgy and nothing changes in his life.
    Basically everything I was trying to say. Thanks. I don't forgive Hulk at all. Lars, a young man that is in the era we are in, is completely and utterly sickening. After I read this, I actually cancelled my WWE subscription. I can't anymore with this company.

So if what I've read is correct WWE's response to all this is to consistently book him beating up Latino guys, yes?

Yes, and before that Lars was set to be interviewed by Charlie, who is Black, in the middle of the ring, and you could see that she was very uncomfortable.

Then when Lars came out, he was booed slightly and then got almost no reaction from the audience.

I was hoping that the Albany crowd would have started a "rac-ist" chant at him to send a message to the WWE, but they were basically silent during the entire segment.

He looked like he was checking her out, tbh..