Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bray Wyatt

Bray Wyatt

I looked, and I'm not really surprised that Bray Wyatt did not have his own thread since the rest, but....

Where is Bray Wyatt? He made an appearance at Starcade, and now he is lost once again. I think that he could be repackaged into something else. The Wyatt Gimmick is just about done because the WWE messed it up so badly.

I would still like Wyatt to revert back to his given name, tag with his brother under his given name, bring in their father Mike Rotundo and play up their lineage. You could even bring in Barry Wyndham.

I wouldn't be in favor of a full repackage, but I do think they could do something similar to the Biker Taker change-up. Keep the Bray Wyatt name, but instead of all the "Eater of Worlds" garbage, maybe tone down the creepy cult leader thing and let us see what he can do with a looser, more natural gimmick.

I think if you go too far - changing his name, teaming him up with his brother - you're risking that he gets even less over. To me or you, Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham might be cool legends, but its been 30 years since Windham could be considered a main event-level guy and Rotunda, for all his years of service, is mostly remembered for his tag run in Money Inc. We're also not talking about Rocky Miavia or Charlotte or Natalya, who were all presented as third/second-generation stars from the get-go. If you do this with Wyatt, I think the reaction is going to be, "Oh, so the Bray Wyatt gimmick failed and now we're supposed to care because his dad was that 'IRS guy' 25 years ago? Yawn."

The Bray Wyatt character might not be of much value, but the name Windham Rotunda is worth even less.

Yeah, I don't think that idea has gotten much support no matter how many times it has been mentioned.

Anyway, just stopping by because Bray went on some cryptic twitter thing and once people had got over the idea he might be leaving, the rumour is now that it's a hint towards some sort of big thing coming up for Bray. Not exactly a hard reboot by the sounds of it, but more a kind of partial reset.

So yeah, I expect he might be brought back into a more prominent role shortly if what people are saying is true.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I sort of like the character still, just hope it is not like beating a dead horse to try and push him again

I have to agree with the above.

Having Bray play a straight character may work but there isn't much to build off in terms of legacy. I don't think his family has been mentioned outside of die hard circles for a long time.

I think he just needs a tweaked version of his current character and be able to back up what he says in the ring. ONe of the newer guys did a good column on it in the columns forums.

I hate the idea of stripping Bray of his character, at this stage. His character is incredible. Making him a bland 'legacy' wrestler just won't work, like Axel and many others before him.

Wait, who is this again? Where has Bray been?

Latest Bray rumor: Vince had Bray change up his look (a partially shaved head, and shorter beard, and kind of looks like Braun lite) and Bray is rumored to be Kofi’s first feud after Mania.

I don't care about anything else, I have never been jealous of a man more than I am of Bray Wyatt right now.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 03-29-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Do you suppose this will be for the title, or will Bray cost Kofi the title at Mania? Would be interesting if this was a way for Bray Wyatt to be in a stable with Rowan and Bryan.

No he will not cost Kofi, I think the plan if for Bray to attach Kofi after Mania, or win MITB and challenge Kofi.

I think they have to get Kofi the title. I wouldn't be surprised though if to get the title back, Bryan gets Wyatt, and Wyatt and Rowan work with Bryan in a program with some good 3 on 3 matches and Wyatt against Kofi. If rumor is Kofi and Brock at Summer Slam, I expect to see Kofi with the title through the summer.

So this is Bray Wyatt's new gimmick...Not sure how to feel about this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkiVa-FYvo

The last 30 seconds made it intriguing. Hes eyes really lighting up and the maniacal laugh; he even brought out his more southern accent when he said Im just getting started here. (Little touches like changing the accent are great... Booker T during his King Booker days would go from the faux British accent to his normal ghetto accent when he got really pissed off.) Makes me think perhaps a split personality or something.

The Brain
    It's weird enough that it actually interested me. Can't say I have faith it'll go anywhere worthwhile, looking at Wyatt's history, but it's a chance for something fresh with him at least.

I don't hate it. If he is doing, like, something where he's trying to corrupt the kids to follow him but he's still the old Bray Wyatt deep down, or something along those lines, it could be fun. If he wrestles in a sweater and button down shirt, I'm out though.

I think that at the end of the day it'll make for fun vignettes and pre-taped segments. The Firefly Play House could be a weekly segment to look forward to. But I think that, like the original incarnation of Bray Wyatt, the character is probably a little bit too subtle to properly tell stories in a pro wrestling setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaEKmmIwls

He is killing it with this gimmick. It's been a while since I was this intrigued.

Best thing on Raw. That's not saying much though.

Bray, the actor, has always killed it. Bray the wrestler, I always liked but he has never had the chance to really run with an in ring run. It's a real shame, because after that Bryan match, and the Cena match at Mania (which I loved) I thought he'd put himself on the path to be recognised in the ring. Unfortunately, I think WWE leaned a bit too hard into 'spooky Bray Wyatt' when they could have had him as a much more hard hitting dude.

The only person that I can think of in history that's been this good at character work has been Mick Foley. If Bray can pull off a second different gimmick with aplomb, he needs to be talked about as an all time great WWE actor.

That feud with Orton really killed him too. I know the story made sense for Orton to win the feud but Wyatt was on a roll and never recovered.

I just saw the Firefly Fun Houses. (I was away and missed RAW for 2 weeks) and man they are creepy, in a good way. This looks like Bray is luring us all in for something major. I hope that it will mean that he is in line for a true singles push to the top, where he wins a top title and is actually treated like a champion, and not the crap from a few years ago.

Two things need to happen for this gimmick to really stick; he has to start having quality (not great; quality) matches and he needs to actually win shit. I know people point to the Bryan and Cena matches he had as proof that he's a good worker but those matches were five years ago and featured two all time greats. He hasn't come close to reaching those heights since then, and that's despite the fact that he's wrestled many good performers since. I think it's fair to ask if he really is a top level performer in ring or a guy who cuts great promos but then doesn't deliver. Beyond that WWE just needs to book him to actually win programs. He never won any meaningful ones and that killed his stock as well, plus made all his promos meaningless (though they helped that as well by delivering him pretty much the same cryptic speech every time out). He can be as creepy and unique as he wants being Sith Lord Pee Wee Herman, but if Bray is the same old guy in the ring who loses all the time then this gimmick will be DOA sooner than later as well. They have to book him strong and he has to deliver performances better than he has in the past.

I agree with that completely, Cult - the biggest black mark on Wyatt's run to date has been that WWE have seemed to think the character is over enough to take a bunch of losses. In some respects, I think they might have been right early on, but they certainly took too long to make him an in ring threat - if they ever did. It's time for Wyatt to properly ride now.

Transgender Terror
    Off into the sunset?

All over Roman Reigns' face.

Transgender Terror
    Kinky. Can you tape it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    That feud with Orton really killed him too. I know the story made sense for Orton to win the feud but Wyatt was on a roll and never recovered.
    Technically, he won the feud with Orton as the last PPV match they had, he won. Granted, it was because of Jinder interference and wasn't for the title, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Kinky. Can you tape it for me?
    For you, my friend, anything.

Orton apparently responded to Wyatt's apology tweet with:

You had WWE spend 2 million on photo projected bugs what you expect me to do @trailerparkboys bo f’n bandy over n out #houseofhorrors
    What does bo f'n bandy mean? and who are the trailerparkboys?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    What does bo f'n bandy mean? and who are the trailerparkboys?
    You don't know the Trailer Park Boys? The best thing to come out of Eastern Canada since me? Do yourself a favour, stop what you're doing, fire up your Netflix machine and binge, friend.

How much did it cost WWE to have Randy walk to the ring on top of a giant sperm that year, though?

Transgender Terror
    I paid for that one.

No. The fans paid for that in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    You don't know the Trailer Park Boys? The best thing to come out of Eastern Canada since me? Do yourself a favour, stop what you're doing, fire up your Netflix machine and binge, friend.
    Did you forget Connor McDavid was a thing or something? AND YOU LIVE IN ALBERTA TOO COACH!

Transgender Terror
    Con-nor McDa-vid *clap clap* is o-ver-ra-ted! * clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Please! He's just hopelessly stuck on the Edmonton Oilers. Big difference.

Transgender Terror
    So is your momma.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Did you forget Connor McDavid was a thing or something? AND YOU LIVE IN ALBERTA TOO COACH!
    More like Gonner McStupid, amiright?

Fun fact: Trailer Park Boys' first few seasons were filmed in a legitimate trailer park about two minutes from my childhood home...until they were kicked out for "giving the park a bad reputation".

Transgender Terror
    I thought you did that first?