Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bray Wyatt

As a horror movie fan, it's not subtle or quick enough enough for me. But I love it! Reminds me of Pazuzu popping up during the Exorcist.

I find it hilarious it's being promoted on the U.S. president's favorite show, Fox and Friends.

The main page just confirmed that Ramblin' Rabbit was killed as a result of the fire set by Seth Rollins. So the WWE just condoned murder for a program that is PG and aimed at kids.

Yes I know that Ramblin' Rabbit is a puppet.
    Yes I know that it is fake.
    Yes I know that were are not supposed to take the puppet seriously.

BUT, kids just saw their face champion deliberately set fire to the Firefly Funhouse where he killed a character, which is murder, regardless of it being a puppet.

Bray 'killed' the rabbit every week

Also, Seth is turning heel (i fucking hope so. He sucks otherwise )

When Bray had the stuffing kicked out of Rabbit in the Funhouse prior to the HIAC, we never saw or heard that it died, and it came back the very next week. So with the WWE confirming that Rabbit is dead, it becomes murder.

And I agree that Seth should be a heel.

Supposedly Seth is not turning, at least right now. We'll see.

Full belly giggles at the concept of a stuffed toy puppet being 'murdered'. Thanks, Powder, I needed that today.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    The main page just confirmed that Ramblin' Rabbit was killed as a result of the fire set by Seth Rollins. So the WWE just condoned murder for a program that is PG and aimed at kids.

Yes I know that Ramblin' Rabbit is a puppet.
    Yes I know that it is fake.
    Yes I know that were are not supposed to take the puppet seriously.

BUT, kids just saw their face champion deliberately set fire to the Firefly Funhouse where he killed a character, which is murder, regardless of it being a puppet.
    So the WWE just condoned murder for a program that is PG and aimed at kids?????

No, they didn't. Not even close, and your standard delusion pretend outrage isn't going convince me otherwise.

How? They had Seth Rollins deliberately set the Funhouse on fire and the WWE confirmed that Rabbit died as a result. If this was any other show, where a character set fire to a building and another character died, that would be murder.

So because the character is a puppet it is not murder?

Again, I know it is fake and a puppet, but the concept is not.

So there is absolutely no pretend outrage. It is what it is. Calling a spade a spade.

So do not try to tell me that I am offended or being too literal, or anything of that matter, because I am not. I would love more realism in the product. But when a wrestler sets fire to a building, and then the company confirms that a character dies as a direct result of that fire, that is murder.
    Last edited by Powder; 10-15-2019 at 11:06 AM.

There seems to be plenty of issues with this angle to worry about. I'm not sure the death of a stuffed animal character is one of them in the grand scheme of things.

There are so many other issues, like the Falls Count Anywhere match. If Rollins gets another screwy finish, and Bray does not win, the WWE is already burying the character. The Fiend should walk out of the show as RAW Champion ad really screw with the draft staus as he is currently a Smackdown performer, unless that is the major trade we keep hearing about.

I was just pointing out that the WWE basically condoned Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I was just pointing out that the WWE basically condoned Murder.
    Only the deranged will see it that way. Seek help.

As for the actual issues, and not the invented rantings of a madman...
    I'm trying to picture what the Fiend will do on Smackdown. Looking at the roster, I have an odd fascination with seeing him feud with The Miz. I have no idea why I feel it would be great, and maybe the complete mishmash of characters is what is interesting me. But I want that.

The obvious Bray vs Braun or Brock angles would obviously be interesting too.
    Last edited by PEN15v2; 10-15-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Only the deranged will see it that way. Seek help.

As for the actual issues, and not the invented rantings of a madman...
    You judged me prior because I have never met Vince McMahon, and now you are judging me, calling me delusional, deranged, a madman and that I need help because I see a segment that is troubling, and you have never met me. And you are telling me that I need to seek help. What is more is that you don’t or choose not to.
    Last edited by Powder; 10-15-2019 at 12:17 PM.

..... And we've stepped over the line. Calm this down now and don't make me get involved.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I'm only judging your actual words, and you are mad if you think a segment where a puppet was killed is the same advocating murder. Get upset all you want about me calling you out on it. The truth is that most people here seem to treat you like a child with your pathetic posts. I try to converse with you about some of them in most cases, but sometimes you just go way too far past the line of normality. This is one of those cases. Had Sesame Street had Big Bird thrown a molotov cocktail into Oscar's garbage can and killed him, with Big Bird still being a hero, you'd be correct. That would advocate murder. If they are advocating anything, it's arson. And that's a major stretch because it's such a fictional environment.

When any TV show has had the hero do something illegal and drastic, it's generally framed as reasonable due to their stressed state of mind. It's not advocating anything. It's good people doing something bad, but we understand it even if we don't agree.

The issue here is WWE is not going to win any story telling prizes ever. Seth doesn't have a developed character to really work with, and his drive to this lunacy has been poor. When Orton burned down Bray's original compound, it was years of Orton being a Viper. It fit his character to do something dastardly to an evil cult leader. It didn't advocate arson at that time, because the pieces fit and the story arc made sense. Rollins doesn't have a decade+ of heel work as background, so it's not a good guy doing a bad thing out of frustration. It was just bad writing. And the bad flow to the story is leaving glaring holes to poke at, and the extreme issues are found by people like you who are past the line of reasonable. You think a puppet being burned in advocating murder. Had this been Orton, you wouldn't have had this issue.

I hope. But you still surprise me from time to time with the turds you post here.

Can we focus on the real issue here, please? If Seth has a good enough lawyer, he can probably get the murder charge dropped to involuntary manslaughter, which means he might not even face any serious jail time or anything. Therefore, you guys arguing over condoning murder or not is a moot point.

Throw the book at him so he cant tweet terrible takes that bury himself as the biggest dork in wrestling

Transgender Terror
    What book am I throwing at him? Only one I have on hand is I Wanted Change in Wrestling and All I Got Was Sloppy Seconds: A Colt Iken Biography.

And the sloppy seconds were for handjobs...

What slander are you guys lobbying my way this time?!

I was saying the handjobs you give yourself are sloppy seconds.

No discussion here yet of Bray being champion, which only happened at the end of October. Good move by WWE?

It seems they want to continue to Daniel Bryan story with him - the last I heard that program was continuing until the Rumble, but it's clearly going through TLC at the very least.

The only thing I wish is that they'd drop the red lighting.

Bray is killing it as champion. They also just introduced a brand new "character specific" title for the Fiend. This new title belt is a trial for future champions to test out sales. If the belt succeeds, they will make more.

But Bray is finally getting the main event push and respect that he deserves.

However, the knock is that he is too powerful.

I think Coach has spoken to that elsewhere, regarding his power. I do think they've sold themselves up the river in that regard, and possibly done so too early. Looking forward to a second Fiend vs Bryan match, though.

There's part me that'd love to discover that The Fiend's weakness is just 'wrestling'. Like, you can throw all this hooky kooky toolbox/ladder/chair/electrical appliance shit at him and he just brushes it off, but Bryan gets him in a small package once and he can't kick out of it.

So the WWE not only made the Fiend indestructible, Bray now appears to be impervious to pain. But is was weird to see bryan with short hair and almost no beard. He looks like he is about 12.

That, in all honesty, is the Bryan Danielson look I fell in love with.

I actually really like them having Bray come out and not have it as Miz vs The Fiend. I thought the match was, unfortunately, a bit of a dud, but it was nice to see someone that wasn't The Fiend.

I didn't get the impression Bray Wyatt was impervious to pain, at all. If anything, they showed that without the Fiend persona, Bray is weaker. He won, but it was in no way a blow out.

I liked the storytelling elements of the match. So without it aiming to be Black vs Murphy, I'm fine with it not being great. The problem was Miz has terrible offense. He wrestles like most WWE women, where it doesn't look like it has any impact at all.

I am cautiously optimistic about this Bray. It looks like WWE heard the criticism and corrected somewhat by having a version of Bray that wasn't The Fiend wrestle.

I didn't find him to be impervious to pain (like The Fiend) so much as he was a little masochistic. He wanted Miz to pop his arm, but as soon as it happened he sold it and ran off to try and pop the shoulder back in. I sort of like that he's this character that doesn't want to fight, he doesn't want to hurt anyone, but as soon as he's had enough that switch flips, the face changes, and he'll get in a big move or two and he's right back to happy. Bray is certainly all in on the character and it sort of makes it work.

My problem with the match was that it was slow. There just wasn't a lot happening in terms of movement to make it feel dynamic. I think that they're going to need to work out some kinks of how he works this character to make the matches a little more interesting. There needs to be a happy medium between The Fiend taking every last bit of offense and no-selling, and a standard 50/50 main event match. I don't think that they've quite found that yet.

I also somewhat appreciate that there's a reason for Bray to be Bray and not The Fiend. The common gripe against Balor was why he wouldn't just bring out the Demon for every match if it made him that much more powerful. But Bray's established that he's afraid of The Fiend and would much rather the world see the Funhouse version of Bray Wyatt.

Have (or will) they gone in depth about the character? Like, it feels as though the Funhouse Bray is like his "inner child", and The Fiend is the physical embodiment of the "old" Bray Wyatt but remped way up probably because it's being suppressed. Then it feels like every now and then, Funhouse Bray snaps out of it for a second and goes back to the old Bray Wyatt.

So, is this all an act on Bray's part? Or did he get some sort of mental "help" that helped him to suppress the evil cult leader Bray, but in the process created The Fiend?

They haven't made that clear, and I hope they explore it a little more. He disappeared and reappeared as this version of Bray, but what caused such a drastic change? This is the kind of bonus material they should be putting out on YouTube or The Network or something.

The mere fact that Bray and his Fiend character are being discussed at such lengths means the gimmick is working. It also speaks to Bray's adaptability and the fact that they seem to give him more creative leeway than just about anyone. How many guys on the roster can you honestly say are even half as interesting?

I give Bray all the credit in the world because I thought the dude's momentum (and career for that matter) was dead after the Orton feud but especially following the shit with Balor. I certainly didn't envision another World Title in Wyatt's future anytime soon. He'll likely defend against Bryan at the Rumble but I'm naturally curious where things go from there on-forward.... hopefully not Reigns versus The Fiend at Mania.

Apparently, the plan is to have Reigns win the Rumble and challenge the Fiend for the SD Title at Mania, and to be the one to beat the Fiend.

So, yeah....

Apparently.

That would then be the second Rumble win for Reigns (yawn) and yet another main event match at Mania for Reigns (yawn again). And how many main events would that be for Reigns? 5?

vs Taker WM 33
    vs Lesnar WM 34
    vs HHH WM 32
    vs Lesnar/Rollins WM 31

vs The Fiend WM 36

Main Events of Wrestlemania:

Hogan and HHH are tied for the lead for WM Main Events with 7 each followed by
    Cena and Rock tied with 5 each followed by
    Taker, HBK, and Reigns with 4 each, but Reigns will soon to be up to 5.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:40 AM.

Apparently

I don't feel like that match would close the show regardless of a Rumble win. Maybe.

We're almost to the Rumble, and this year's Mania doesn't feel like there's been a top match even hinted at yet. Looking at the roster, I can't really see too many matches that jump out at me and say "this needs to be the main event of WrestleMania 36".

The options so far:

Fiend vs Reigns
    Lesnar vs Owens - seems like the logical build, have Owens beat Rollins at the Rumble to then face Lesnar at Mania
    Becky vs Asuka

Other than that...no idea.

EDIT: Rumor mills have:

Becky vs Rousey as the hopeful main event for WM36, but it all depends on Rousey's status, but if that falls through we will most likely get:
    Becky vs Baszler, and as a last resort, Becky vs Charlotte.

Lesnar vs Tyson Fury, obviously Lesnar drops the title ahead of time, but to who?
    Rollins vs Reigns

And further rumors indicate that the WWE really wants Punk to wrestle, and to face Rollins.

And finally, a long shot, but the Fiend vs Lesnar.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:19 PM.

I'm at a point of my life where I don't care what the match is, as long as the story is good. It could be Brock VS Roman, and I'll be ready to enjoy it.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. But at this moment right now, I can't even think of a story that would set my world on fire.

Now, I also know that there's four months of storytelling between now and then and things will be very different come Mania. I'll most likely be sold on the show by the time it comes around. But it just seems like in recent years, the real push hasn't gotten underway until March, but one or two matches were at least hinted and danced around starting in like November.

Last year we kind of knew we were on a collision course to Ronda vs Charlotte, but Becky was rising quickly. We were just waiting for Shane or The Miz to turn on one another. Etc.

Of course, you never know come March. Batista just showed up six weeks out and had a decent angle with Hunter.

To be honest, I don't think there's a story that will set anyone's world on fire right now - because WWE took a couple of months off from storytelling for the Saudi show and ~brand supremacy~.

Arguably still the biggest/most developed storyline over the two main roster shows is Rusev/Lashley/Lana. I don't think you've even got a Becky-esque story going on - in terms of kicking off at SummerSlam this year, as opposed to the style of build. Arguably the rise of Owens, after he finished up with Shane at SummerSlam, to become a top title challenger again is it, but I don't feel like WWE has really leaned into that being the story they want to tell yet, which they very much did with Becky last year through Survivor Series. You know, if they'd had Owens as the last survivor at the Series I think you could claim that was working a bit more, but he was kicked out pretty unceremoniously and quite early on.

The other thing you could say started around SummerSlam was the whole gimmick of The Fiend - so ending that at Mania could have a similar length of build, I suppose.

Realistically, a lot of the WM35 card didn't come together until after the Rumble, and without Kofi catching fire at Elimination Chamber possibly wouldn't have been especially memorable. I can't even remember 80% of the matches on the card - Kofi/Bryan, Seth/Brock, Becky/Ronda/Charlotte, IIconics/Boss n Hug/two other less good teams...that might be it. Was there a baller Murphy cruiserweight title match on there? Roman presumably did something.

Maybe the best story they could tell is someone from NXT winning the Rumble and coming in incredibly strong - give the Rumble win to Keith Lee and have him beat Lesnar in a back and forth competitive match, something more like the matches with Styles and Bryan.

I get the feeling this is a bit less divisive than it used to be. Is that the case, or are the people who weren't into it just not speaking up so much?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I think he's done less. As far as I can tell he hasn't had a televised match since TLC - and the TLC match wasn't that kind of 'throw everything at him and have him no sell' Fiend match because it was actual Bray Wyatt vs The Miz. It wasn't the type of match that's going to get people going wild, but it was necessary for character development.

I think they're handling him better now. And I'm looking forward to Bryan vs Fiend II at the Rumble.