Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finn Balor

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    d I kind of get it. I think if they are going to do this, though, they need to lean a bit more heavily into getting something on TV for the opposite belt - if that makes sense? So Finn would have been featured on TV while the US one was getting the PPV shine, and vice versa?
    Completely agreed. There's a way to book feuds that won't be on the next PPV. I think Raw handled that better with Revival, as they had a feud with the Usos, then won the titles recently, and have been in the "stable" with Shane. I'm not saying there aren't better ways to book, but Revival weren't ignored and off TV, and had involvement in the show.

Finn has had the IC title stuff vs Andrade, but it's been too off and on to really show focus. I don't think the angles need to be on TV every week, but if Andrade has time away from SD, then have a promo from Finn to hype up a future match. Instead, he was absent, which isn't for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Balor coming up on 75 days as IC Champ, which means he's already surpassed the previous three reigns (including one of his own).

Is he going to pass Rollins' 119 days, or will he drop the belt before then?
    Guess he didn't. Ended at just under a hundred days. Now being beaten by the new Bray Wyatt entity.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Hearing a lot of complements for the turn on the recent episode of NXT....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

It was well done. Now only if he can show some personality beyond flipping his jacket collar.

Finn's match with Riddle at Takeover got some good reviews, even though it was a bit more of a slow burner than some of the matches we're used to seeing on Takeover shows. He's followed that up by attacking Ciampa and then kicking Cole in the head.

Are we seeing a triple threat match in the future with those three, potentially for the title? And is Finn going to be more of a chaotic neutral tweener than an out and out heel?

Not sure what the plan is for Balor, except waiting for Gargano to be cleared.

The NXT title picture is Cole vs Ciampa, and I can see Kieth Lee moving into that scene shortly, unless he will be the one to unseat Strong as NA Champ.

NXT is the better brand to develop a tweener like Balor. I can see him just being a loner who attacks everyone, with no allegiance.

The triple threat idea is captivating. I rarely care for triple threat matches, and I doubt this will be any different, but the story feels perfect for one.

I guess the main thing NXT has done is categorically end the 'is Balor in the UE?' story that had just started brewing up a bit.

For what it's worth, I hadn't followed the story on Gargano and hadn't realised he was properly injured - I'd just assumed it was all a work based off of Finn dropping him on the ramp the other week. But it sounds like a neck injury.

I'm hoping Balor gets a little bit more edgy in the coming weeks, I feel like at the moment he's a little bit of a generic/by the book heel without the sort of edge that will really push it over the top. Fingers crossed that's coming.