Thread: Finn Balor

Finn Balor

It finally hit me as to what entrance does Finn Balor reminds me of...it was bothering me for a while, but now with the red trunks, I got it.

Not Balor's biggest fan but he's got enough fans that they have to do something better with him in 2019

Now there is a heel IC champ it is a big opportunity for Balor. Even though he won the Universal Title before he isn't at that level any more and he is just dying for a good midcard feud to help with taht rehabilitation. He really hasn't had a popularly recieved feud since his return beyond some well done one off matches but a run opposite Dean Ambrose could be just the tonic to have people reinvest in his work.

Well gotta say better late than never I guess. Finn finally gets his chance to get beaten by Brock.

Im actually a fan of this as I've said in other places it is clear Brock works best against smaller guys when he doesn't have to tune up the strength, menace and power and can then actually use his natural speed. The guy also seems to be way more willing to bump around for the smaller guys which makes them look great.

I just heard some rumors on why Balor lost the IC title on Monday.

The WWE apparently has "bigger plans" for Balor at Mania...and the early speculation is that we might end up getting a Demon Balor vs The Undertaker. Take that for what you will, but who knows.

Give Balor the win and I’m all for it.

I'm also all for it if they were to differentiate his demon character even more.

i'd take the rumor with a big grain of salt tho.

The Brain
    Can't muster much enthusiasm for Undertaker wrestling anymore, I'm afraid. I agree if he puts Balor over it's a lot more palatable though.

Given the state of Taker, he can probably only work 5 mins effectively. it would be best as a squash for Balor.

I just don't see them doing that to Taker.

To add a bit more, the rumor I heard was in favor of having The Demon squash Taker as "punishment" for going to the fan Fest right before Mania. Can't remember the name of it.

That would be awesome then if it comes true. Vince turns on one of his most loyal workers because he's the most petty man in the world.

Apparently the WWE is using images of Balor as the Demon for their marketing and graphics for WM35. Regardless of who he is facing, I think we are getting the Demon as all of the rumors state that there are 'big plans' for Balor for Mania. The general feeling among news sites, and IWC sites is that the Demon is coming back at Mania. Against who? Still not sure, the biggest rumor is still Taker, but no idea on who else it could be.

Taker is a possibility and the #1 rumor
    Cena? probably not as he is rumored to face Angle and/or Joe
    Who else is 'big plans' worthy that is not already attached to a match already?

Regardless, Mania is at an outdoor stadium, and IF the Demon makes his return, they MUST wait until after the sun sets and it is dark. Otherwise it is a complete waste.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-15-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Which is easily doable when you're in New Jersey.

Catch-22 for elaborate Mania entrances... they’re best in the dark, which would suit doing all Mania’s on the east coast. However, that time of year isn’t always conducive to open air stadiums because of the weather. Whereas the weather is quite nice further out west, but then you deal with the longer daylight issue. Sting’s entrance at 31 was cool; it would’ve been much better in the dark, though.

Are we sure that The Demon is even coming, or is all this internet speculation because they have a guy with a cool look that they can put on ads to try and pump the Network?

It wouldn't be the first time that one department wasn't speaking to another.

No we are not sure, but those are the major rumors swirling.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Are we sure that The Demon is even coming, or is all this internet speculation because they have a guy with a cool look that they can put on ads to try and pump the Network?
    It's really hard for me to believe WWE would ever, ever pass up a chance to throw someone with even a slight supernatural vibe against the Undertaker.

So, now with just about 2 weeks to go til Mania, Balor still does not have a match, and various rumor websites have conflicting reports about Balor vs Taker. Some say it still will happen while others say it will not.

One site said has a report that says that Balor is going to request a rematch with Lashley for the IC title.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-...restlemania-35

And another sire says that Balor is hinting at a match with Taker

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/03...he-undertaker/

So who knows what the actual plan is.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-21-2019 at 10:55 AM.

I don't think there is a plan. I also can't see bringing Taker in now less than 3 weeks away.

Taker could show up unadvertised the night of, but it's not going to be a big match with the Demon. It's going to be what it was last year. Someone in the ring, minimal offense, chokeslam, tombstone, 1-2-3.

So, I mean, Finn could get squashed by Undertaker I suppose. But I'd so much prefer Elias in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Taker could show up unadvertised the night of, but it's not going to be a big match with the Demon. It's going to be what it was last year. Someone in the ring, minimal offense, chokeslam, tombstone, 1-2-3.

So, I mean, Finn could get squashed by Undertaker I suppose. But I'd so much prefer Elias in that role.
    Undertaker will interrupt Elias' musical segment. I can't see Undertaker having an actual match since there hasn't been an appearance from him yet. At least last year, Cena cut promos asking for a match with Taker, but there has been no mention of Taker on the show by anyone.

The Brain
    If Taker must wrestle and must win, Elias seems like the ideal candidate.

Elias plays music, runs down the city, talks about how Elias is the biggest thing to ever happen at WrestleMania, GONG, Taker's entrance, Elias tells Taker that he'll gladly be the third person to beat him, convenient referee at ringside, bell, punches/pulled down from Old School/Elias offence ending in Old School/Taker sits up/big boot/chokeslam/tombstone, bell, exit Taker.

So, rumors now are that Taker isn't coming back until the Saudi event in May. I actually don't have an issue with that at all. Taker is so tied to WrestleMania, but it's that win streak that's that's so synonymous with Taker at Mania. He shouldn't be beating guys unless it's heels in some throwaway nothing segment, but Taker's mythos is above being involved in throwaway nothing segments.

So bring him back for these big international shows, and only cart him out for Mania if he's got something real to do.

I think it's good Taker skips a 'Mania because it needs to happen at some point. He can't be tied to the event forever. Time to move on.

Taker skipped Mania in 2000, granted it was for an injury.

And 19 years ago. That’s a long time.

Demon Balor has been announced for the Super Show Down, against Andrade.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Hmm...that comes with a bit of sadness for me, because I don't think they'll have Andrade get the win he needs and deserves to elevate him up the card. The Demon is kind of invulnerable.