Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Damn I'm old. I can't say that I particularly loved that song but I remember hearing it and it doesn't feel like THAT long ago.

Changing the tone up a little, here is an Aussie song that is a few years old (yeah we have rap too) by a local fella called Urthboy. This is a live version and the song starts at about 1:30 but the first bit is worth listening to as he explains the very cool story behind the song.

Went on a bit of a nostalgia kick today while writing my main page column and ended up listening to The Marshall Mathers LP.

It is weird listening to it now as an adult, as a young teenager I loved the swear words but didn't quite get the full breadth of it.

Listening to it now I have to say it is simultaneously one of the most impressive but unsettling works of art I've listened to. There is a lot of garbage but songs like Stan, The Way I Am, Marshall Mathers and particularly Kim are incredible portraits of a man really on the edge mentally but creatively exploding with ideas. They feel like exposed nerves of raw emotion.
    Last edited by SirSam; 04-19-2019 at 07:35 AM.