The Heart of Smackdown Live Mustafa Ali

How does Ali not have a thread given the marks we have for him around here?

What better time to start than now. Graduating onto the Smackdown main roster with a pin over the champ and is already one of the top faces on the brand (perhaps because there are only a few really).

Well deserved too, the guy is one of the best guys today at blending the fast pace athleticism with storytelling and character. Will be interesting to see if he is able to use the formula that worked for him on 205, short sharp segments and solid in ring time.

You would assume big things are in store for Ali going forward, he is the first guy to head up from 205 so you would assume they have some sort of plan behind him.

@Sir_Samuel

It's kind of interesting to me that they brought him up to Smackdown with the big match with Bryan, and then a pin of the champ, only to then have Styles win the five way the other week with Ali in it. Don't really understand why they aren't running with Ali vs Bryan for at least the Rumble.

Smackdown, as you rightly point out Sam, has been low on top draw faces for a while, especially with Bryan turning. And having Ali as a contender against Bryan makes sense given their relative sizes. I just hope the story doesn't become 'Ali, so much heart, but losing here to *insert giant*'.

I'm more than happy to play the long game with Ali here. So many times in the past have I seen some of my favourites from the Network shows have a stuttering to their main roster career, and never fully progress from that.

It's hard to deny he has had a great first few weeks. It would have been interesting if it was him vs Bryan at the Rumble.

I said on twitter the other day that Ali is at his best - and most supportable - when he has unequivocal adversity in an opponent (Gulak, Itami etc). Maybe they are playing the long game here? Maybe they are going to do the unthinkable (by main roster standards) and run a Mani program between. Ali and Gulak?

High expectations, I know. But one can dream.

Sign me the hell up.

It would be great for all involved, especially now Ali has had that exposure. Would take some balls to do but if they wanted to run a feud between two cruisers and really put a spotlight on that is the one to do. They have had such a long rivalry going all the way back to early 2017 and they have excellent chemistry in the ring.

@Sir_Samuel