Your Albums of 2018

No poll this time as the album list is always necessarily more diverse than singles, which tend to congregate around the same few songs.

Anyway, what do people have as their best albums for the year 2018? I'll share some of mine when I get a bit more time to add to it. I've heard a few bits and pieces I like, but you generally have to go a bit off the beaten track to find it.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

No one jumped in on this yet, eh? Perhaps we needed a poll just to get the ball rolling, even if it's only for people to disagree with.

OK, well I'll start. There's a few different things in different genres but the two albums I've gone back to most this year are Please Don't Be Dead by Fantastic Negrito, and Evergreens by Orango. The first is a kind of blues/fuck/rock hybrid that has a bit of a cross between Audioslave/Zeppelin riff-heavy rock and other influences like Gospel going on. The latter are a Norwegian band I think, and I think the best description I could give is a classic rock n' roll sound fused with a kind of Crosby, Stills and Nash three-part harmony vocal style. But yeah, I have been back to those two a bit more than anything else.

I've got some others too which I can throw into the discussion but hopefully this opens it up a bit wider....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."