Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The only match I'm interested in anymore in Mox vs Suzuki. New Japan won't book it though, because then wrestling might as well end since it would be pointless to continue.

Would you rather Mox vs Suzuki over Mox vs Ishii? I mean, those two have both got me quite excited for a potential G1 run, for sure.

The Brain
    I want Moxley vs. everyone, to be honest. So many great possibilities.

I'm fairly certain you guys are all going to get what you want relatively soon.

Mox in G1 confirmed yet? i'd almost hold off on Suzuki/Mox until Wrestle Kingdom if i could.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    i'd almost hold off on Suzuki/Mox until Wrestle Kingdom if i could.
    Make sense. Wrestling can't get better than that match, so if you're going to cancel all wrestling after a match you might as well wait until WK.

Transgender Terror
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I'm fairly certain you guys are all going to get what you want relatively soon.
    ROCK/CENA III?!?!

Nuts to that, I want a fourth WM HHH/Taker match.

GIVE ME WHAT i WANT, IKEN!

Now I want to go back and watch Suzuki matches.
    Last edited by Oliver; 06-07-2019 at 05:20 AM.

He is going against Shota Umino at Dominion and I am so pumped. Shota is a guy that intentionally targets Minoru Suzuki in a tag match, he basically has a death wish but also has a ton of fight so it will be a damn fun match as Mox crushes a mosquito that is trying its hardest to bite him.

In relation to the Juice match I would agree he didn't do a whole lot more than he did in WWE but the fire and intensity he bought was right up there with when he blazed his way up the midcard opposite Seth back in 2014. Juice deserves so much praise as he nearly killed himself getting this match over but you could see Jon leading the action throughout.

Also it was a great way to debut a new supped up finisher.

Going forward I really hope he gets in the G1, with AEW poised to grow this year is almost now or never (at least for a few years) and it would be a great way for him to get a whole lot of big name matches in quick succession. Also I've been piloting the Moxley v Suzuki hype train since before he even left WWE so I'm glad to see so many people getting on board.
    Last edited by SirSam; 06-07-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    It's not official yet but given that Moxley took the mic and said he wanted in the G1 last night, I think it's safe to assume he will be in. That's fantastic news. No matter which block he's in, I'm sure there will be a lot of great matches happening.

I also like how it seems he'll be taking Umino under his wing after last night's match. It kind of adds a new layer to that character, where he actually associates with someone instead of being a loner who wants to beat everyone up. It'll be fun to see how they mesh.

Yeah, Mox, Kenta, Shingo and Ospreay all got on the mic to announce. I didn't realize it was that easy to get in. It's like the Royal Rumble.

Now, excuse me while I record a quick video...

EDIT: Goddamn, I just saw his post match promo. Beautiful! Pulling Umino up by the hair to go have "many sake". I hope that they team them together on the G1 tour.

The Brain
    Really awesome that Moxley will (likely) actually be in G1. Incredible how fast things have moved with him, couldn't be more pleased for the guy.

If he was gona be in ther G1 at some point this is the year to do it given for at least the next few he will most likely be tied up with AEW TV commitments.

The Shota Umino thing is an interesting wrinkle to his character, he is also a guy that respects those who put up a good fight. I’m looking forward to seeing their tag team antics in the G1 off nights.

The Wrestling Observer was reporting that AEW isn't allowing Moxley to work any New Japan dates in the United States, which is why he's not booked on the G1 show in Dallas. It's unfortunate that the company's United States champion can't work in the United States.

Unfortunate but not unexpected. Would be worse if they promoted him for a big US title match in the states only to pull him later. They never advertised him for the Dallas show and would have been in a throwaway tag anyway

The Brain
    Yup, I figured we wouldn't see him in the states so I never got hyped for it in the first place. Probably also a sign that Moxley won't hold that title too long past the G1, though I could see them taking him to Wrestle Kingdom if the dates work out with AEW.

Man am I excited for Mox in the G1, am a little sad the Suzuki match isn't happening but maybe that could be one for the Dome if Suzuki doesn't end up there with Liger.

Even just his match with Yano promises to be really fun and that isn't even to list off the killers in the B Block: Ishii, Cobb, Goto, Shingo, it is an impressive list of guys he will have to absorb punishment from.

Also I read somewhere that he was once in a stable with Shingo. Does anyone know if their history is any way significant? Some people have said they didn't really interact but I also saw one promo of Moxley berating Shingo after a loss so I'm not sure what to believe.

I don't know for sure, hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to come in and clear it up - but my guess is the briefest of interactions for someone like DG:USA?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Moxley and Shingo did indeed share a stable in Dragon Gate USA, but I don't think they ever actually shared a ring together, not for a match of any kind anyway. My impression is they interacted a little but not much, so there probably isn't too much to read into there.

I also remember Moxley in an interview with Cabana like right after he signed with WWE I think, say he didn’t like the DG style.

Also said that the indies were a stepping stone to WWE. Amazing how times have changed

The Brain
    I can easily see Mox not meshing that well with the DG style, though if he does mix it up with CIMA at some point I'm sure he'll make it work!

Bit of a shame that Moxley won’t be on the Dallas card. Completely understandable for a business point of view but at the same time that is a lame excuse for people who were excited to see him. Makes me wonder if they realised they couldn’t use him when they put the US Championship on him.

I’m sure they knew. They never advertised him for the Dallas show. Would think if they were going to add him for the show, it would be promoted to sell tix

This match with Janella has me very pumped, the promos from Janella have been absolute fire and the response video from Moxley that came out in thr last few days was incredible. Without saying a word you could see the fire in Moxley's eyes.

I think we're gona get something crazy at Fyter Fest.

The promo work behind that match (and other AEW matches in general) has been really solid. I went from "that looks like it would be a fun match to eventually watch" to "I really, really need to see this" with just a few well-done videos.

The fact that they labeled this a "non-sanctioned match" really gives that vibe that it's gonna be a violent one. Hard to temper one's expectations after all this.

The Brain
    Presentation matters so much. This kind of stuff really gives me confidence that AEW is going to be the kind of promotion I can really sink my teeth into.

Moxley was such a good presence in the G1. His charisma and style really shon through and while I'd say there were probably some rougher moments early he adapted to the New Japan style very quickly.

The stuff with Shota Umino was also incredible, made the tag matches must see when normally I'd pass on them. One day when Shota is the IWGP Heavyweight Champ you just know we are going to hear that guitar lick and Mox is going to come to the ring ready to test his Young Lion one final time.

As much as I like AEW I really just want to see him full time in New Japan. XO

He certainly brought something different to the tournament, and it seems the fans really appreciated his presence there. His post-match interviews were golden too, with his interactions with Umino. I'll forever call him "Shooter" from here on out.

I don't know how his situation will play out when AEW's schedule gets busy, but I really hope he has a lot more Japan tours coming up soon and he doesn't just drop the U.S. title to Juice and disappears for a bit. He still has so many good potential matches that were on the opposing G1 block to have that we haven't seen yet - Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki, Ibushi, SANADA, EVIL, Kenta. I pretty much want to see all of those matchups.

Maybe he drops the title but drifts in and out for a bit, then comes into the G1 next year to tick some or all of those off the list Degen?

Honestly, I think Juice could do with a chance to move up to the IC title picture. Dude is putting together possibly the best non-Ospreay/Ibushi year in ring for NJPW right now, for me (when you take out the once in a lifetime types like Okada who will always be in that mix) and has improved year on year in NJPW. I fear he might become 'the US Title guy' if NJPW aren't careful, and I really think he is both better in the ring and more over with the fans than that moniker perhaps suggests.

I wonder if there's someone else from the G1 who could take the belt from Moxley, having beaten him, and then subsequently let Juice move up to the IC picture while Moxley is 'away'.

The latest word is Moxley is signed with New Japan through the Dome shows, but his AEW contract allows him to work Japan in addition to AEW. So it's really up to New Japan. If they want to continue the relationship, they will.

Apparently he's signed through WrestleKingdom, and one would think that he has at least four defenses coming up.

What's the point of the US Title? Wasn't it supposed to be the crown jewel of their US expansion and have guys like Kenny and The Elite holding it? With them gone, couldn't you just kill it off? Maybe Mox could "forget it at home" and we never see it again.

Just another prop for the Wrestlers to fight over. They honestly don't go to the states enough for it to really matter. Especially since no one cares about the ROH relationship anymore.

I agree about the Juice thoughts Oli, he is having a killer year and I think the sky is the limit with him long term and having him tethered to the US Championship is not ideal given that it seems to occupy a space even lower on the totem pole than the NEVER. If I was going to pick someone to just have a beastly run it would be ARcher. Have him beat Moxley for it and do an American run while Juice aims for something else, that White Strap would look damn good around his waist.

I think I also don't just want to see Mox v Juice again, I love the first two matches but there are so many other opponents I would love to see Mox up against that it seems a shame to have him constantly revolving around Juice.

The Brain
    Hey, Archer with the US title is actually a great idea! Nice reward for how well he did in the G1, if nothing else.

Archer would be cool, for sure. I'd like to see that.