Thread: Weezer

Weezer

Weezer just completely unexpectedly dropped this album yesterday. 10 songs, all covers, and imo, the whole album is awesome.

Kleck, taking the liberty of moving this out into its own thread. I figure Weezer are a big enough band to warrant it since a lot of us have been listening to them for twenty years or more, and figure your post can help us kickstart a bit of conversation, maybe.

Have to give that a listen at some point. The only new thing I've heard of theirs for a while has been that zombie bastards song.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

They've got an album of new material (The Black Album) coming out in early March, so The Teal Album was a total surprise. This album, if anything, points to their musicianship, as they cover a lot of different genres seemlessly. Been listening since I first saw Buddy Holly on MTV in highschool. One of the best live bands I've ever seen as well.

They don't try to make any of the songs on this album their own, but instead add their classic Weezer flair/nuances to every song, and in some instances I'd say their version is better than the original. Considering all of the originals were smash hits, that's a bold statement. It's a fun little album that in no way takes itself seriously.

I'll have to keep my eyes open and get back on it when my new computer is up and running.

Yeah it's definitely worth a listen

Finally got the chance to play this, what covers in particular were you thinking were better than the original?