2018 NBA Playoffs

So, who's left?

Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavaliers and GSW vs the Rockets.

Who you got?

Been enjoying these play offs. Shame the last round was all blow outs. Was really getting behind the 76ers but that Celtics team put in some serious work. I am no expert but can't see past the west. With Curry back, will be interesting to see if the Rockets can trouble GSW.

Hereís hoping for the fourth straight year of Curry vs LeBron. This might just be the rivalry that the NBA wanted (but didnít know at the time) in Kobe/LeBron year after year. A nice throwback to the days when the Celtics and Lakers were constantly battling it out.

Either team from the east is getting killed by the Warriors/Rockets. Both are that superior. In fact, I'd probably say my favorite team the Celtics, can beat the Cavs if it wasn't for knowing that Lebron can just take over games.. But this Cavs team... or moreso Lebron is fooling people into thinking they are better than they are. The only reason they dispacthed of the Raptors is cause Lebron is in their head. Celtics won't have that issue because they don't fear anybody. I suspect it will be a longer series..

But as i said, Warriors/Rockets will be the true NBA finals.

Whoops! Looks like Cleveland is getting completely dominated by my Celtics. Looking forward to the analysts and bandwagon Cleveland fans coming up with excuses for this. Looks like 1 guy can't win on his own in a team sport. Lebron always chokes when it matters most, but he doesnt need to this time. Boston is simply better.

The raptors being mentally inept fooled people into thinking the Cavs this year are a good team.. They are not. I'll even say that if they somehow come back and win the series... its a series they should win in theory because they have Lebron and the vets... but they don't give enough effort to do so. The Celtics are instilled with a mental toughess that Lebron can't force his teammates to have. They are also much more athletic and verstile than the Cavs..

If the Celts had Kyrie and Hayward they could probably take Warriors to Seven games... and I expect it next year given how deep they will be. I don't want Ainge going for the homerun trade when he's getting two all stars back.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    The raptors being mentally inept fooled people into thinking the Cavs this year are a good team.. They are not. I'll even say that if they somehow come back and win the series... its a series they should win in theory because they have Lebron and the vets... but they don't give enough effort to do so. The Celtics are instilled with a mental toughess that Lebron can't force his teammates to have. They are also much more athletic and verstile than the Cavs..

If the Celts had Kyrie and Hayward they could probably take Warriors to Seven games... and I expect it next year given how deep they will be. I don't want Ainge going for the homerun trade when he's getting two all stars back.
    I definitely think Brad will keep things as is, though if he wants to make moves I honestly trust the guy. He is the best coach in the NBA hands down. Having him is a tremendous asset. He seems to be able to make many things possible regardless of who he has playing for him. Great time to be a Celtic fan. Been through some rough seasons to see these days.

As for this year? Celtics are winning it all. This team is completely on fire right now. At the exact perfect time to be.
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    Whoops! Looks like Cleveland is getting completely dominated by my Celtics. Looking forward to the analysts and bandwagon Cleveland fans coming up with excuses for this. Looks like 1 guy can't win on his own in a team sport. Lebron always chokes when it matters most, but he doesnt need to this time. Boston is simply better.
    Well, this is awkward.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Ended up with that bit of a yawn finish. Since I've got back into the sport all I've known is bloody Dubs vs Lebron finals. Was hoping those game 7s would throw up something different. Enjoyed those series though. It is odd to me how a series like that can have blowouts both ways and tight games too.

Is the over reliance on the the three point shot hurting the game? This isn't sour grapes, i've thought this a long time... that ever since the NBA shifted to a more three point game, its hurt the overall competitiveness.. The problem isn't that teams take open shots, its that when they're not going down at a decent clip (which is only like 36%) the problem is not being able to adjust when its clearly not the night for it. Coaches like Brad Stevens, preaching process over result are the norm now and Stevens is a great coach. D'antoni is a great coach as well but sometimes you need a basket and it shouldn't matter how you get it.

The three point game has also made it very difficult to have close games cause we don't usually get both teams shooting okay from that range.. the lead builds and alot of teams don't know how to chip away.

Anyhow, Warriors in a sweep. I won't be watching any of the games