2019 Hall of Fame Class

It's that time again, when the newest class that will be enshrined into the WWE Hall of Fame will be announced. Who do you think will be this year's class?

Is this finally Vader and Demolition's year?
    The Rock?
    JBL?
    Hart Foundation?
    Davey Boy Smith?
    Bruiser Brody?
    Kane?
    The Undertaker?
    Big Show?
    The Great Muta?
    Honky Tonk Man?
    Jim Cornette?
    Owen Hart?
    Paul Heyman?
    Miss. Elizabeth?
    Sable?
    Goldust?
    Sean Waltman?
    DX?
    The nWo? - original members only

Celeb: Andy Kaufman and/or Cindy Lauper

Now, with his affiliation with AEW, we may have to wait potentially another 10 years for Jericho to go in.

Also, HHH and Vince need to go in. Vince moreso than anyone else, but he will not put himself in, which is a shame.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:11 PM.

I think Vince has said he doesn't want to go in while he's alive. Because he's a fucking nutter.

Cornette is a strong possibility.

Think it might be too early for NWO to go in, they'll wan to rehab Hogan some more.

Pretty sure they can't put Owen in, his wife wont let them.

Goldust is someone I'd love to see go in, does Cody/AEW impact that? Just thinking he may want Cody to induct him, although possibly Booker could too.

And agreed for sure, get Vader in there.

Well, on my list, that is not complete there are some people that are no longer with us, so I would say that if the WWE wanted to have a class with a few posthumous inductions, the have the headliner be the Rock. He is a great speaker, with a great sense of humor, and his speech will be lengthy and could cover the entire event.

So my suggestions for a 7 person class:
    Headliner: The Rock
    Undercard: Davey Boy Smith and Vader
    Tag Team: The Hart Foundation - Demolition still gets snubbed
    Female: Miss. Elizabeth
    Wrestling Persona: Jim Cornette
    Celebrity: Cindy Lauper

Between the Rock and Cornette we would have amazing speeches.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:39 PM.

I think they may wait on Vader just because the optics read, he's only in because he's dead. It's a shame he couldn't have been inducted when he was alive.

I predict (which will likely be all wrong): Undertaker, Christian, Demolition, Honky Tonk Man, RVD, Sable. Celeb: Mayweather.

Cornette may be otherwise occupied with another promotion at that time so I wouldn't pencil him in for anything yet.

I completely forgot about Christian and RVD, but I think RVD has a few years left before he gets in. He is still wrestling, somewhat prominently, and he is still only 48, so I would wait another 3-5 years for him.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I think they may wait on Vader just because the optics read, he's only in because he's dead. It's a shame he couldn't have been inducted when he was alive.

I predict (which will likely be all wrong): Undertaker, Christian, Demolition, Honky Tonk Man, RVD, Sable. Celeb: Mayweather.
    Eddie Guerrero went in the year following his death... why should Vader be any different?

Because Vader should have been in years ago. Eddie died as an active wrestler, never had the chance to see himself be inducted.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:47 PM.

I agree Vader should’ve been in years ago. I believe had Eddie not died so young, he would’ve been passed up year after year, though, after finally retiring.

I know that Kofi Kingston is no where near retiring yet, but he will definitely be a Hall of Famer, and I think that this thread is a good place to ask this question:

Will Kofi be a two time Hall of Famer?

Prior to being in the New Day Kofi stats were:
    4 time IC Champ
    3 time US Champ
    3 time Tag Champ - Bourne, Truth and Punk
    Royal Rumble mainstay

Now in the New Day add in 5 more tag Title runs.

Based on His stats, he was a Hall of Famer before the New Day, and a Hall of Famer with the New Day. I think so, but what are your thought?

I doubt it. I think he will likely go in as part of the New Day. Unless Big E or Woods go on to have Main Event multiple World Champ careers, they are going in together.

I think the two timers club will be incredibly exclusive; Original three NWO, DX and the Horsemen.

But he is similar to Hogan, Flair, HBK, and Hall and Nash, as He was a HOFer prior to the stable, and now a HOFer as part of the stable.

To be clear, I am not saying that he was in the same league as Hogan or Flair, but individually he is equal if not better than Scott Hall’s pre and post nWo career (WWE and WCW only).

Hall: Excluding the nWo, he was a 4 time IC Champion and a 2 time US Champion, he had 7 Tag Title Runs with Nash and the Giant but that was all nWo stuff.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:56 AM.

Its not like Kofi's midcard runs were that memorable.. I know you love the stats Powder but its not like Hogan,Flair, Macho were HOF worthy because of their title wins.. its because they were main event stars that yes won world titles But also were once in a lifetime promos

Also, Hall was a really a charismatic performer who was apart of one of the biggest factions of all time.

I think of Kofi as a tag wrestler and I can't see him getting two speeches at mania.

I’m not saying he will, but if Razor Ramon went in, not Scott Hall, then Kofi could. He will be one of the most interesting cases though, because Xavier and Big E are not HOFers without the New Day, but Kofi is. I do not think there s anyone who you could compare him to. Really.

But at the end of the day, I agree that Kofi will be in as part of the New Day, not as an individual.

I mean, i think Kofi is the type of guy that would have gotten in without New day or a permanent partner but it would have been a soft year.

Scott Hall got in as Razor Ramon because Razor Ramon was a cool gimmick and was one of the most important characters of that era.... AND HHH probably told Vince that Hall needed a win after all his problems.

My picks

Headliner: Batista
    Undercard: Dynamite Kid or JBL
    Tag Team: Demolition
    Female: Chyna
    Wrestling Persona: Lilian Garcia
    Celebrity: David Arquette

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #1: Is this it?

I know we all say this every year with the snubs...

But why hasn't Cindy Lauper been inducted yet? She was just as responsible for the Wrestling Boom in the 80s as Hulk Hogan was. Her videos which had wrestlers in it, and her affiliation with Wrestlemania and the WWF got mainstream exposure before it was cool.

It is a shame that she is not in, and if David Arquette gets in before her, that is pathetic.

So the Hart Foundation is the first group/person to be announced for the Hall.

But it is limited to Anvil, Bret, and Jimmy. So basically, just Anvil. If that was the case, just induct Jim Neidhart. They are NOT inducting Owen, Pillman, or Davey Boy. Then I ask, WHY? Just induct Jim and be done.

Gives Bret a second ring, probably appeases someone with his ego. Plus, it means Bret and Jimmy can do a speech, so it's less emphasis on another dead wrestler.

Means I was wrong about the relative exclusivity of the two timers club.

Yeah, but not that off. Bret Hart is not that far off from the nWo and DX. After all, without Bret and the Screwjob, we never get "Mr. McMahon". And Bret was pretty good at the wrestling stuff too.

Interesting that Bret's accepted a second induction despite all his comments on the HoF, and Owen's rightful place in it, since his last inductions, particularly the ones he made just last year about the HoF being devalued because it was just for company guys or whatever it was.

On one hand, I super bummed that Owen isn't going in and think it's bullshit that he isn't in already - a combination, probably, between WWE being a bit stubborn but also Martha being stubborn. I suspect Triple H will, and maybe has, made plays towards Martha for getting him in there, given his appreciation of Owen as a performer and how impacted he was by his death. Whether or not she relents is up to her.

On the other - Bret and Jim were the most famous and successful version of the Hart Foundation. It's not like WWE are inducting the Hart family without Owen, but they're inducting a specific tag team from their history.

Ultimately, Martha's wishes about Owen should be respected. I get being bummed about it and all but Owen should still be here and he's not because of WWE (at least in Martha's opinion) I used to be all in on Owen going in but over the years, I've realized how silly that was. I think Martha might feel different however if WWE didn't want to exploit Owen for profit. If it was a quiet ceremony, where they didn't make any money off of it.
    Last edited by LK3185; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:41 AM.

I agree with LK. Who are we to get angry at her, we are just fans and she lost her entire life because of WWE putting Owen on a loose rope?

Just to spark some discussion, I was recently looking at Hall of Fame Classes as a whole, and I have to say that my favorite class and probably the best all around class is the class of 2005.

Hulk Hogan
    Roddy Piper
    Bob Orton
    Jimmy Hart
    Paul Orndorff
    Nikolai Volkoff
    Iron Sheik

This class has four of the five people involved in the main event of the first Wrestlemania, the biggest star of all time, the best or second best heel of all time (Flair), the second best manager of all time (Heenan is #1), and three other guys that made the business.

Other classes are stacked, but this class is epitomizes the "birth" of modern professional wrestling, with some of the biggest names of all time.

Thoughts? Counter classes?

Apparently DX is going to be inducted as a group, including Chyna.

kinda underwhelming headliner tbh

Seems weird though.

HBK is already in, but HHH is not.
    Chyna should be as an individual, but the obvious reason why she isn't.
    Billy Gunn now works for AEW and got released from the WWE because if steroids.

If DX is going in, will Billy Gunn attend? How long will they all speak? HBK, HHH, and Dogg all are long winded.

Unless this is a large posthumous class, then all is ok.

W O W

That's one that, I must, I didn't see coming at all. With Waltman and Gunn both still active on the indy scene, the latter recently kicked out of WWE for PEDs (2015, I think?) and involved in AEW, all the talk about Chyna being essentially blackballed against entry in recent years, Trips still active on screen, HBK already in on his own...yeah, that's very surprising to me.

Of course, WWE will tell you they played a significant part in winning the Monday Night Wars or whatever which...well, probably isn't true, but whatever. An interesting induction, for sure.

I mean, DX is their creation, its not a surprise that they'd want to put them in, even with all the issues. As headliner tho, i love a great speech or first time inductee, it doesn't really apply here. Not all of them are going to speak for 15 mins.

DX has been confirmed. All six of them.

Shame, I thought this was how Hornswoggle got in to the HoF.

They better finally induct Regal now.