Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Torrie before Sable is kind of weird. I prefer Torrie myself but Sable was way more important to WWF, plus you've got the Lesnar connection. Maybe they're saving her to lure Brock back for a special appearance after he actually leaves.
    I think it is more of that the WWE will induct them both in the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Torrie getting in the Hall of Fame is WORST than Koko B. Ware!

I said it!

Other women they should have picked.

Miss Elizabeth
    Leilani Kai
    Missy Hyatt
    Jumping Bomb Angels
    Rockin' Robin
    Bull Nakano
    Sable
    Lilian Garcia
    Melina
    Okay, but part of this is still about selling tickets and getting press. Miss Liz has a lot of baggage accompanying that induction. Do you really want two women whose lives were arguably changed for the worse thanks to wrestling getting posthumously inducted on the same night? Torrie has as much or more contribution to wrestling as Hyatt, you're just romanticizing her because she came before. She's as big a name as Melina and was probably over longer.

The Angels, Nakano, Robin and Kai are all arguably lesser names in 2019. Maybe not to the most hardcore of hardcore fans, but to the general public.

The only really arguable ones are Lillian and Sable, who are both probably being held off for their own reasons.

I mean, if you're not on good terms with WWE or if you don't want to go in the Hall of fame.. Then you're not going to go in. Seems to me Melina is shut out cause they didn't even call her for Evolution i don't think. Put the Jumping Bomb Angels in the legacy wing. Bull Nakano should have went in with Alundra Blaze. Lillian I'm sure they can put in whenever they want.

Just watched the video of Torrie... apparently she did a huricanrana once. And she did X-Pacís finishing move... some seated face-buster move... I forget what itís called. Also, she apparently brought a little rat of a dog to the ring under her arm. Or Iím sure she carried it in a purse at some point. Yeah... totally a HoF career. 🙄

Like, seriously... I usually give zero fucks about the HoF. This pisses me off, though.
    Last edited by meandi; 03-05-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Torrie before Sable is kind of weird. I prefer Torrie myself but Sable was way more important to WWF, plus you've got the Lesnar connection. Maybe they're saving her to lure Brock back for a special appearance after he actually leaves.
    Sable got Marc Mero over. That doesn't just deserve a HoF induction, it deserves a fucking gold medal for services to wrestling.

Torrie makes a lot of sense, to be honest, and the pool of women they can reasonably call on for HoF induction is diminishing at the exact time they need to be seen to be inducting the women from their history to tie in to their own 'Women's Revolution' branding. I don't think you can argue that Torrie did less in WCW and WWE than Ivory, Beth Phoenix, or Jacqueline, to pick the female inductees from the last three years.

Just a shame her dad didn't live to see it, the poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Sable got Marc Mero over. That doesn't just deserve a HoF induction, it deserves a fucking gold medal for services to wrestling.

Torrie makes a lot of sense, to be honest, and the pool of women they can reasonably call on for HoF induction is diminishing at the exact time they need to be seen to be inducting the women from their history to tie in to their own 'Women's Revolution' branding. I don't think you can argue that Torrie did less in WCW and WWE than Ivory, Beth Phoenix, or Jacqueline, to pick the female inductees from the last three years.

Just a shame her dad didn't live to see it, the poor guy.
    Really? You can't argue that? All of the other women were Womens and Divas champion, put on great matches, and were actual wrestlers. I know that Torrie's job was not to be a wrestler, but she did significantly less than Beth, Jackie and Ivory.

The Brain
    Depends on how you look at it, I suppose. It's the WWE HOF so not worth getting steamed over, in my opinion.

And don't anyone speak bad about my man Johnny B Badd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Really? You can't argue that? All of the other women were Womens and Divas champion, put on great matches, and were actual wrestlers. I know that Torrie's job was not to be a wrestler, but she did significantly less than Beth, Jackie and Ivory.
    To be fair, Jackie, Ivory and Beth were all legit workers at a time when WWE had no room for legit female workers. They won the title, had some good matches, but look at Jackie...as legit as she was she got over for the exact same reason as Torrie and it had nothing to do with wrestling.

But she was instrumental in Kidman getting as over as he got (to the point what people wanted to see him beat Hulk Hogan!) and was always an over star in WCW and WWE. Based solely on accomplishments, she's as deserving as Sunny who's in there.

It still cracks me up that we're debating the merits of who gets into the WWE Hall of Fame, a Hall of Fame that has no set criteria to get into and where people are inducted not via a legit vote but by the whims of Vince McMahon. It's about as real a wrestling Hall of Fame as the imaginary Cult Icon Hall of Fame I just came up with in this sentence. Why we still take it seriously is beyond me. By the way, the first ever Cult Icon Hall of Fame will be coming soon; inaugural inductees are Skitz, mizfan, Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele, Chuck actress Yvonne Strahovski, the CIA break in scene from the first Mission: Impossible and the greatest wrestler of all time, Alex Wright. There will also be a live lip synching performance from the cast of Bohemian Rhapsody and a poetry reading by Scott Steiner. Yours truly, Heisenberg (if that's his real name) and the ghost of PEN15 will host.

The Ghost of PEN15. Nice.

BUT, how can you seriously type about us discussing the merits of the WWE Hall of Fame? Everything we discuss, on this forum or any other wrestling forum discusses the merits of a predetermined TV show. There are forums (on this forum for instance) to discuss the characters and story lines of other shows like arrow, Flash or any other show for that matter.

But with wrestling, we the audience and fans, feel more connected to it because it is performed in front of a live audience every time. It is not prerecorded (for the most part) and it gives us entertainment.

So when we are connected with the product that for so long tried to be considered real, and still wants to treat itself like it is, even with Ronda Rousey going all shoot last night, makes us have open debates about items like Hall of Fame inductions.

We get invested in characters, like Sable, and Torrie Wilson, and while both were following script, one was clearly more relevant than the other. Torrie did her job, and did it well, but was she better at her job than Ivory was at hers? I'd argue no.

Torrie was a watered down version of Elizabeth, who was groundbreaking in that she was the first female manager. Torrie's job was to go out, look good, and interfere in matches. She was not a mouthpiece manager like the Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, etc, or even Sunny. Sunny was a mouthpiece for Skip. She was a heat magnet. Torrie was never in her league. Also, Sunny was a second coming, and better version of Miss. Elizabeth, with an actual voice that could command a microphone and more sex appeal. Sunny did more in the business than Elizabeth did. Yes, I said it., but Liz was first and made you care.

So when we discuss the WWE Hall of Fame, we can give it merit because its what we do.

Of the valet role Sunny was on other levels. Her and Sherri are easy top 2 all time valets, and even Stephanie McMahon I think is on that level. But even the second level of valet, I don't think Torri was on. Marlena, even Stacy Keibler and Maryse are above Torri.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    It still cracks me up that we're debating the merits of who gets into the WWE Hall of Fame, a Hall of Fame that has no set criteria to get into and where people are inducted not via a legit vote but by the whims of Vince McMahon. It's about as real a wrestling Hall of Fame as the imaginary Cult Icon Hall of Fame I just came up with in this sentence. Why we still take it seriously is beyond me. By the way, the first ever Cult Icon Hall of Fame will be coming soon; inaugural inductees are Skitz, mizfan, Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele, Chuck actress Yvonne Strahovski, the CIA break in scene from the first Mission: Impossible and the greatest wrestler of all time, Alex Wright. There will also be a live lip synching performance from the cast of Bohemian Rhapsody and a poetry reading by Scott Steiner. Yours truly, Heisenberg (if that's his real name) and the ghost of PEN15 will host.
    I'll be there. My only request is Yvonne's phone number.

The Brain
    Was Torrie with Kidman really that big a deal? I watched every WCW PPV and I barely remembered that it happened. I remember that Hogan/Kidman feud and I don't doubt people were rooting for Kidman to win, but seems like moreso because fans wanted any young talent to get pushed legitimately in WCW by that point and less because Kidman was massively popular, with or without Torrie.

Thought any woman who lived through Vince Russo's WCW should actually be honored, or at least given a medal of valor.

My favorite Torrie storyline was the Billy Gunn/Jamie Noble/Nidia D-level feud from 2003. It was pretty dumb, I'm sure, but as a kid who was just starting to watch I thought it was great.
    Last edited by mizfan; 03-05-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Torrie was in Playboy, married and divorced Billy Kidman, dated Nick Mitchell (Mitch from the Spirit Squad) and dated Alex Rodriguez.

Those are her biggest contributions to the WWE.

Also her dad was killed having sex with Dawn Marie.

Much prefer Stacy to Torrie.

The Brain
    Not me, Sable is probably a bigger deal to WWF historically but at least Torrie looked like she actually wanted to be there most of the time!

I don't appreciate you no selling your induction to the Cult Icon Hall of Fame mizfan. Just like Vince, I can change my mind on a whim and your snub means you're out! Lazyking will now replace you. Also Coach, Yvonne's number is 1-800-909-9900. That's 1-800-909-9900.

I'm not headlining a class? Ouch

You're the co-headliner along with Alex Wright and Yvonne. Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele is the cult hero nomination, Skitz is the Koko B. Ware nomination and the CIA infiltration scene from the first Mission: Impossible is the celebrity nomination. Unless one of you pisses me off and I replace you with Powder.

Oh yeah. I'm an alternate. I feel like X-Pac, I'm only getting in because of who I am associated with.

HHH Deserving
    HBK Deserving
    China Deserving
    New Age Outlaws Deserving
    X-Pac - by association

Question though. Is Rick Rude going in as part of the group? He was part of the original faction.

I think X-PAC talked about Rude not going in because he was only in DX for, like, a cup of coffee and then dipped out to Nitro.

Torrie Wilson deserves it for being the hottest piece of ass at a time when it mattered most. Iíd rather watch a Torrie Wilson segment over a Chyna segment any time if thatís the comparison we want to make.

Kids loved Brutus the Barber Beefcake so I got no problem with him. Was over and accomplished virtually nothing.

The Brain
    Haha, sorry Cult. Honored, of course.

I dunno, I feel like Waltman deserves to go in by WWE HOF standards. A whole lot of memorable storylines under his belt and very over for quite a while, at least under people got sick of him. Underrated for being a legitimately great wrestler, too.

Happy to let you know, Cult, that I have spoken to my third favourite WCW midcarder and he is happy to accept your induction to the CIHoF.

I did, however, speak to my favourite WCW midcarder and can confirm that you need to watch out for a certain Chairman, who's quite displeased about you not calling him the greatest wrestler of all time.

WCW could have made Alex Wright big. Dude should be a Hall of Famer. Not now, but he should have been pushed to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    WCW could have made Alex Wright big. Dude should be a Hall of Famer. Not now, but he should have been pushed to the moon.
    Do you listen to Bischoff's podcast at all? He's had some great insights on Wright.

Wright had Dusty and Flair both behind him, all the skill and talent in the world and an incredible look. But someone (likely Dusty) stuck him with that stupid dancing gimmick and that killed him dead. He was just never able to get over as a serious guy. They tried years later with Berlyn, but even that was too gimmick heavy.

Bischoff believes that he would have been a star like Eddie, Rey or Benoit if they'd just let him be a Cruiserweight who could fucking go in the ring while he kind of found his gimmick and his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Do you listen to Bischoff's podcast at all? He's had some great insights on Wright.

Wright had Dusty and Flair both behind him, all the skill and talent in the world and an incredible look. But someone (likely Dusty) stuck him with that stupid dancing gimmick and that killed him dead. He was just never able to get over as a serious guy. They tried years later with Berlyn, but even that was too gimmick heavy.

Bischoff believes that he would have been a star like Eddie, Rey or Benoit if they'd just let him be a Cruiserweight who could fucking go in the ring while he kind of found his gimmick and his voice.
    I did listen to Eric on Alex Wright, and Eric was SPOT ON. At the time, I love Wright, and thought he could go. That dancing gimmick was terrible, and I think had Eric been more experienced at the time, he could have killed that gimmick dead. At the time, I loved Eddie, but when Eddie was doing the US title thing, I thought that would have been a great time to push Wright in the cruiserweight division, make him more serious, and let him do his thing. But it was never meant to be. But I would have loved to have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I did, however, speak to my favourite WCW midcarder and can confirm that you need to watch out for a certain Chairman, who's quite displeased about you not calling him the greatest wrestler of all time.
    LA Park isn't the greatest wrestler of all time; he's the greatest LUCHADOR of all time, a much higher honor than greatest wrestler. Plus I can't give away all my headliners at once; he'll be in next year as the only entry because a) mizfan is illegible for two years now due to his snub of me (and his halfhearted acknowledgment afterwards) and b) it's LA Park. He makes Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele look like Canadian spot monkey Evan "Carrot" Adams, and Sydney Steele is to Canadian wrestling what Coach is to this forum.

Also, Coach and LWO, I should remind you that Eric Bischoff is largely full of shit and probably neglected to mention that he did push Alex Wright as a cruiserweight who could wrestle for nearly three years with no success. He only actually got over because of the dancing gimmick. The mistake was then not giving him more meat after that gimmick had peaked, which Bischoff never did. But the dancing gimmick wasn't the problem; it got people to notice Wright and the failure to then make him a star was on WCW not then adding layers to him afterwards. Of course it's not too late! Alex is still only 44, in great shape and runs a wrestling school in Germany. AEW should give him a call.

Can...can we get him in NXT? Can we get him as a wrestler/trainer in there?

There is so much of me that wants to see Alex Wright vs, like, Johnny Gargano. Or Alex Wright vs Ricochet. Or Alex Wright vs Adam Cole.

I feel like I need to spend my time working out just how underappreciated he was now. I've been drawn to him when rewatching old Nitros, but haven't necessarily put a load of time into checking him out in isolation.

Harlem Heat just got announced as inductees into the 2019 Hall of fame, making Booker T the third member to be inducted twice into the Hall.

I find it very interesting that Booker T is that third member behind Flair and now HBK this year as well.. Well deserved, but odd.

Odd because Chyna who should be a two time inductee will not get a singles induction, and others who are still not in. i.e The Rock, Kane, Taker, Vader, Sable, Cindy Lauper, etc.

Even more surprising is that Booker T is a two time inductee before Hogan, Hall and Nash are for the nWo.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-11-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life
    Torrie getting in the Hall of Fame is WORST than Koko B. Ware!

I said it!

Other women they should have picked.

Miss Elizabeth
    Leilani Kai
    Missy Hyatt
    Jumping Bomb Angels
    Rockin' Robin
    Bull Nakano
    Sable
    Lilian Garcia
    Melina
    Been clamoring for her to get a nod for a while now. Glad she's already been enshrined in the PWHF and NWA HOF. How about Velvet McIntyre?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    Harlem Heat just got announced as inductees into the 2019 Hall of fame, making Booker T the third member to be inducted twice into the Hall.

I find it very interesting that Booker T is that third member behind Flair and now HBK this year as well.. Well deserved, but odd.

Odd because Chyna who should be a two time inductee will not get a singles induction, and others who are still not in. i.e The Rock, Kane, Taker, Vader, Sable, Cindy Lauper, etc.

Even more surprising is that Booker T is a two time inductee before Hogan, Hall and Nash are for the nWo.
    Chyna probably will be inducted solo down the line. WWE probably saving a nWo induction for later so they can be the headliners.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

The Hart Foundation (Bret and The Anvil only ) are announced as HOF inductees this year.

This is going to be one hell of a long night. I liked the first MSG class, with only 5 inductees and all of them were high caliber, even the celebrity, being Donald Trump, was a legitimate contributor who was a key part of the WrestleMania story. I wish they'd have more classes like that. Even if they aren't all former World champions, but just only have 4 or 5 inductees.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    The Hart Foundation (Bret and The Anvil only ) are announced as HOF inductees this year.
    Should also include Davey Boy, Owen and Pilman.

So Bret, Booker, and HBK are all getting second time inductions this year?

I agree with LWO, less is more with the HoF inductions. WWE have kind of dug their own grave now, because by constantly inducting so many people every year they've left themselves with very slim pickings that can be considered as legitimate. There's obvious names missing which we've discussed constantly on here, but for various reasons WWE doesn't want to induct them as we know.

Rumors going around that Brutus the Barber Beefcake is the final Inductee into the Hall of Fame class this year.

Welp.

I daresay Hogan would induct him.

its the only choice.. if not for Hogan, Beefcake doesn't have a career.

I thought they were going with no inductors this year to keep run time down.

They hate each other now too, apparently.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."