Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I'd love to see him do a tour of NWA on his way to AEW. Though they need to stop giving potential Marty storylines to Hangman Page.

Just saw Dynamite[?] is doing a show from Jericho's Cruise? If so, and if done right, that could be one of the top gimmicked-out theme-place shows of all time (as two people who love such things). I would have it as a tables turned, Elite find out what it's like to live in a world where Jericho has all the power evening.

The Brain
    I LOVE shows that come from weird places!!

This is straight art. Though Cody says, "He was a heel, but he was my heel." That might have been the problem.

Cody's on a roll.
    See the latest of my Ric Flair saga click here. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...acock-(Part-2) View my story inspired by colorful wrestlers I've come across in my fandom. http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...-the-Challenge

The Brain
    Very possibly my favorite wrestler in all the world right now!

He is in his lane about as much as any wrestler in the business right now. God love the folks who thought he was a weaker link in that whole group.

The Brain
    I suppose in the world of New Japan and that style, Cody couldn't catch up with Omega, but now it feels like Omega doesn't have a chance in hell of catching Cody in terms of buzz. You'd have been laughed out of the room for saying it 2 years ago.

It'd be nice if AEW remained a thing but some of the Elite slowly chose other promotions to work in. Not likely, but it would be nice.

While I can't get excited about Nick Aldis versus James Storm, Nick Aldis has already had the 100% accurate, knockout line on Twitter: "Cowboy is a squeaky wheel so I decided to drown him in all the grease he can handle."
    Last edited by Mystic; 1 Week Ago at 12:42 PM.

The Brain
    Ha!! That's a great line indeed!

Best case scenario for AEW, for me, is they let Cody handle all of their booking instead of just his own.

I wouldn't argue with that.

One thing I enjoyed about our work is that we had our leanings but we tried to stay openminded. I'm watching Chris Jericho's AEW work right now, and you'd think he's the youngest, most unproven talent in the company. He is right there with Cody as far as being in a zone. He's got his own bubbly now. There is such a creative spirit in the best of the best in a promotion where it's permitted. That's a kind of life and adventure that inspires. Just watched his post title win, where he roasts everyone in the back who refuse to acknowledge that he just won the belt.

The Brain
    I had huge reservations about Jericho being the first AEW champion, and I'm happy to say I was one million percent wrong. This is one of the best parts of his whole career, across the board.

Same. No problem admitting it.

Your text about Pentagon depressed me. And I'm glad it still does. Been writing since 3 a.m. and I just thought about an unlikely pairing, but white-hot babyface, Pentagon Dark vs. NWA Champion Nick Aldis could be all kinds of good. Pentagon's temper could cost him again and again, but only heat up the angle more and more. I can imagine them, in the 80s, on a Great American Bash tour, hearts of fans being broken in every town on every night.

The Brain
    The thing that I love and (currently) hate about Pentagon is it's so easy to imagine him in those situations. It feels like Pentagon could go anywhere in the word and, with a bare modicum of character direction and a tweak of the in ring style, he could be as hot as he ever was. And yet, he's stuck in Young Buck purgatory. Perhaps this is the "Lex Luger waves the American flag" part of his career.