Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Enjoyed the show...I think it covered questions like "what is sports centric" and the highs and lows of the show.

I agree with both you guys that MJF stole the show....I wish they didnt reveal the belt by bringing it out in an ugly brown bag and holding it up in the middle of a brawl...that doesnt take away MJF's awesome promo though.

The title itself looks better to me every time I see it. I think it deserved a podium and a classy set.

I did get some nasty vibes with the breaking of the throne. I have been sensing that between Kenny and Cody, Cody's the heel...I dont mind him face or heel...i think he does them both great, but not fond of HHH shout outs.

It was interesting to hear your take on the battle royale. It was too gimmicky for me. Especailly since it was for the title. I dont want sports centric to mean no comedy, but when you have an amputee, a staple gun, Orange Cassidy, a guy setting himself on fire with a ciggerette, a guy pouring oil all over himself, a guy getting frozen with mist, a child, you're burying the lead somewhere....I dont mind any of those things, but all of them together took me out of the event, somewhat.

Adam Page vs Jericho kept getting brought up...Mystic made a great point that with Page in the match, they're already starting out with the world title match that is lesser than other matches on the card. I agree with Mizfan that fresh faces are good...I think though they would do better to pick Omega since he has way more legitamacy and has never been in WWE.

I think at this point, the best way to go is for tbe Elite to really get behind Page...Cody kind of started that with the "horse" thing...Page can be an underdog story who loses. This would put Jericho vs. all members of the elite as future world title matches...Matter of fact, as awesome as Jericho has been, maybe he wont be a bad first choice.

I am with Mystic on the Judas effect...I really like the storyline behind it and am glad to see the nose broken leading to it....pretty cool stuff, since thats the route they decided.

Mad props to Mizfan for mentioning the awesome Jericho promo. Its often overlooked because of Moxley. But the promo itself was getting to Hogan Bash at the Beach 1996 levels of good.

I love that Jericho and Moxley have both reivented themselves...Jericho has his character in a darker more serious place than its been, and he might not be a half bad world champ.

Theres nothing left to be said about Dustin vs Cody. Loved the match..Agree with both of you on Dustin...I admit some of Double or Nothing left me sour at first the gimmicky battle royale, the smash brothers very poorly produced attack on best friends, angelico and Evans. The way the title was revealed, the bell ringing early in Aja Kong's match, the initail feelings towards Page and Jericho. Hell, until I heard Moxley's promo, some days Iater I rolled my eyes at that...

But with every day that passes, I feel more optimistic...Im reading wrestling news just to see stuff on aew...been a long time since i felt like a wrestling fan on this level.

Kong vs. Kong sounds awesome....I never got to see a sheik vs iron sheik match. I wont be deprived of a kong vs kong one!

EDIT: Also, nice take on Sean Spears. I gave him no thought when he came out and none since. Until I heard this...and now that i think about it...he seems to be getting too big for his britches, already.Glad No Legs tossed him out.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:40 PM.

The Brain
    My sense between Kenny and Cody is that Kenny is innocent (possibly gormless), in a weird way, and Cody is cunning, and I'm ok with that leading Cody to interesting places as long as I can keep a grasp on who he truly is. He can't be two things at once though, not both the hero and the coward, nor both the anti-WWE and the WWE imitator. Time will tell a lot with that man.

I think it's a great point that the battle royal suffered, in a way, for having such a prestigious prize. The original stipulation, for a future title shot, would have fit better. Shows AEW is open to all sorts and puts less pressure on the winner (but still some). Making the winner part of the decisive match for the first champion threw that vibe into whack somewhat.

I'm not the greatest fan of Omega, as we've covered many times, but I do almost think he'd be a better fit than either Jericho or Page as champion, and that's from someone who loves Jericho. I agree for my personal taste Jericho is not a bad first choice, in fact he'll likely be great, but I fear the fan perception of him as old, part time, and a WWE name. It's not fair to the great work he's done but it's a factor to be considered. I try to put my own enjoyment first but I'm so invested in AEW succeeding at this point, it's hard not to second guess.

But everyday feeling more optimistic is an awesome vibe and I'm getting it as well. Can't wait for something more to happen, wish we already had the TV deal going!

Listener's comments

Some rapid fire comments that came along while I was listening...

--Honestly, your show being that nuanced is the best damn thing about it! :-) You aren't trying to convince me and every listener that you guys are right, only show us every faces of the dice (a coin doesn't have enough faces and you know DoN lol).

--I haven't listened to the Jericho/Moxley podcast, and I am not sure I want to listen to it at this moment. I want/need to keep a little bit of faith into WWE, so eventually, I'll dive into it. I have no doubt WWE is a toxic environment and I am sorry the wrestlers are going through it.

--Nobody can follow Mystic after that rant. I agree with everything you said, WWE provided employment but nothing more really to the Rhode's family.

--The Battle Royale was kinda weird. I didn't know most of the guys and they didn't get really a proper introduction. So, I still don't know most of these guys... It made it hard to enjoy, you have to watch it 10 times to see everything there is to see. And again the camera work jumped from place to place, not really knowing where was the important stuff. I didn't realize Tommy Dreamer was walking around with a stapler, I am still not sure if all the guys who were supposed to be in the Battle Royale made it to the ring or not.

--It's up to AEW to define what "sport-centric" means to them honestly. I do like the idea of wins/losses to matter, because it makes sense in term of character progression. But if everything is too much sport-centric, it will become a fake sport, and that's bad, I don't want that.

--Soooo guys, wanna talk about my new fave : Hangman Page ? Just kidding, but Page is on a road that seems to lead to the top, that's for sure! Jericho as the 1st champion is an easy and sure pick, but Page makes it interesting. We have 2 months of build up, so we'll see where we stand at the end of August!

--On commentary, I didn't over enjoyed Jim Ross to be honest. Actually, my opinion evolved from my 1st to my 2nd viewing. I was annoyed on the night, I was getting irritated the more the show went on but then I rewatched it the following day and I didn't mind that much... Agreed, Marvez was weird, and I really enjoyed Excalibur too. I saw many complaints online about a masked commentator... but I guess these people only ever saw full-face masks.

Side note :I am loving how your personalities are shining through this podcast in particular. I know you are trying to hold back a little bit, to not fully fall crazily in love with this new promotion, and I really appreciate that. Cautiously optimistic is the correct phrase... Still, it must be getting harder and harder to keep a cool head. You two have done a terrific job at building up a company that didn't exist during 16 weeks, now is time for that company to live up to the hype that's behind it!

--I am really enjoying the way AEW is showcasing the different styles of wrestling, and the way they respect the fact that it's not all the same. When you look at the card, it might not feel like it makes sense from match to match, I didn't get any feel of continuity through the card. AEW says it's all about diversity, well they did just that. Changing style from match to match also helps to keep the fans engaged and into the entire card. I would have changed more of the length of the matches, the 3 last matches felt the same length.

--The Joshi match was outstanding. I loved it from start to finish, these women can do it as good as any guy! I have no problem understanding why Mizfan loves women wrestling from Japan. I am also fully on board with Kong v Kong.

--About the Cody v Dustin, I am completely with you guys on this one. I had to look away a few times, that was too much real blood in a choreographed performance. The story told was the best thing I have seen, probably ever. I could totally buy on both sides of the story, being the older one in my family, I know how much harder you have to work to get any praise at all from your parent (father here too). And being the younger one also brings the "you're not like your older sibbling" and the over protectiveness that comes along. I've watched it 3 times, and I still get all the feelings that I had the first time. I've showed it to my brother (who doesn't like wrestling) and I'll probably show it to my Wrestling Bestie next weekend. Anyone who has a brother or a sister or is close to his/her cousins have experienced to some extent the story told by Cody v Dustin. And the Cody promo after is truly heartbreaking, like Mizfan said, it came from the heart, and Cody delivered it perfectly.

--I know nothing about the Bucks. The only things I know is what you guys have told me on AAAE. I was legit scared of the match because of all your comments, and I didn't know what to expect from them or the Lucha bros. I kinda understand why/how you don't like them, I didn't see much "story" in the match, and they spot wrestle a lot, I guess. I liked the touches of missed timing that were done to prove they were rusty. But Rusty Bucks aren't suppose to beat a team that has been destroying people for all of 2019. I'm sorry we didn't get the good Pentagon, but that could build to an interesting story down the line, if they split him from Fenix. As an inexperienced fan, I enjoyed the match, I agree there were too much big spot kick outs. Every time you think the match is ending it isn't. The same trope is going on with Gargano in NXT (his superhero character fits the bill though).

--WWE has a way of pacing it's WrestleMania cards to allow fans to rest during some matches. This year's WM was good on match placement, except for one that derailed the whole end of the show... These rest periods aren't necessary for 3 hours or less PPVs, but anything going on longer than 4 hours needs them. You can try to stay super invested but it's not that easy for such a long amount of time. I've been to many shows, of various length, and if I end the night exhausted I feel it was worth it. You shouldn't feel exhausted before the end of it though!

--On Jericho v Omega, I loved it. Jericho has always been a favorite of mine. I kinda get what Mizfan doesn't like about Omega and I guess it'll start to get on my nerves when I see him more and more. But for now, still love it! Jericho knows how to put on a hell of a show and still respect the limits of his own body. I hope you had time to rewatch it Mystic! Moxley's arrival was the worst kept secret of all time, but man did it worked just fine. We had small hints of Mox in the latest Ambrose turn on Rollins. The first few moments were utterly captivating, but it all went sour so quickly. I just hope Mox is completely unhinged and in constant mental conflict (I wanna see Sir Sam get everything he wants from his favorite wrestler)!

--I also really enjoyed how they planted seeds throughout the whole show. That's the best way to build stories and it's a good start for the future of AEW.

--MotN : Cody v Dustin on 1st watch; Jericho v Omega on 2nd watch.

Finally, a HUGE thank you for this very thorough recap of a great first event. Thanks to Mystic for giving us his last night in his old place before moving, and thanks to Mizfan for everything that makes him Mizfan.

PS : MJF is great !

The Brain
    Love this commentary, I'll be sure to mangle your name again when I shout you out on the show. Especially dig the point about AEW embracing different styles. I saw a lot of people looking to compare DoN with the latest Takeover, and I think it's apples and oranges. NXT can have great matches but the style seems (to me anyway) pretty consistent across all matches. I like the variety from DoN a hell of a lot, each match should tell you something different, not just be different degrees of the same thing.

Just saw a picture of Adam Page with the Jaguars head coach. That guy looked like a real man. Head and shoulders above Page.. Page looked kind of like a wrestling fan next to him...

The Brain
    Not the best look for your prospective 1st champion! Gotta admit I was higher on Page before AEW started, one of the few guys whose stock has dropped. AEW definitely want to be careful of pushing the kid too fast, I think he's got a lot of upside but if you overdo it you can poison the well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Button View Post
    Just saw a picture of Adam Page with the Jaguars head coach. That guy looked like a real man. Head and shoulders above Page.. Page looked kind of like a wrestling fan next to him...
    When I saw Adam Page and Brit Baker I wondered if the request was, "Could you send us the wrestlers who are getting a hard push before they prove anything?"

Going to edit in or post (depending where this thread is) to cathe when I get a few minutes. Excited about the review and to turn the corner this Saturday towards Fyter Fest!

Also: Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

One of my hopes of the women's division. Let her be a character and give her storylines.

https://lordsofpain.net/news-on-hika...us-and-future/

The Brain
    After Aja Kong, I believe Shida is the one I am most excited about. The fact that she's actually signed and now moving to the US is great, give her a platform and I believe she will do great things. And yes, if AEW can't give her real storylines (and subtitles if she needs them) then they've done her a great disservice!

I could be talked into sitting down for a Shida/Awesome Kong match.

New AAAE episode coming tonight. Mizfan and I found ourselves with shared excitement to be on the road to Fyter Fest! Just so you know - - - - - we are exactly THREE WEEKS AWAY from Fyter Fest.

Now, for some fun, a little bit of DIALOGUE!

Quote Originally Posted by cathe67 View Post
    Listener's comments

Some rapid fire comments that came along while I was listening...

--Honestly, your show being that nuanced is the best damn thing about it! :-) You aren't trying to convince me and every listener that you guys are right, only show us every faces of the dice (a coin doesn't have enough faces and you know DoN lol).

Thank you kindly, and I agree! This week, during the MLW portion, we even permitted fans to continue liking Sami Callihan! Very gracious, we are.
    Love the dice/coin comparison/distinction.

--I haven't listened to the Jericho/Moxley podcast, and I am not sure I want to listen to it at this moment. I want/need to keep a little bit of faith into WWE, so eventually, I'll dive into it. I have no doubt WWE is a toxic environment and I am sorry the wrestlers are going through it.

I respect that decision. It's not anything we don't already know, and I don't think he buried them as much as he made clear why it can't work for him, but I get the need to preserve. I've spent twenty years trying to stitch together enough fandom to have anything to hold in my hand. Hold on. Hold out. Do what you need to do.

--Nobody can follow Mystic after that rant. I agree with everything you said, WWE provided employment but nothing more really to the Rhode's family.

That was a sad rant. Proud of Cody for that awareness, and that he created a space where he could actually tell that kind of truth.

--The Battle Royale was kinda weird. I didn't know most of the guys and they didn't get really a proper introduction. So, I still don't know most of these guys... It made it hard to enjoy, you have to watch it 10 times to see everything there is to see. And again the camera work jumped from place to place, not really knowing where was the important stuff. I didn't realize Tommy Dreamer was walking around with a stapler, I am still not sure if all the guys who were supposed to be in the Battle Royale made it to the ring or not.

This is such a fitting description of the battle royale. Remember how I talked about stitching my fandom together? There is stuff, even in AEW, that I'm working overtime to try to be okay with just to try to keep this fandom going as long as I can. If mystic of even six months ago had been shown this battle royale, it would have been the only thing I watched on the show, and I would have been done. I'd say being able to watch it now with few outrages (aside from the utter nonsense of the winner) is 25% growth and 75% compromise.

--It's up to AEW to define what "sport-centric" means to them honestly. I do like the idea of wins/losses to matter, because it makes sense in term of character progression. But if everything is too much sport-centric, it will become a fake sport, and that's bad, I don't want that.

That's what sucks. I agree with your first statement and your last, and those are not easy to reconcile. Part of me worries they might also become "We are this, except when we are that, and we are that, except when we are the other." I'm for variety and I think it's the only way to appeal on a large scale, but I also think they need to work out a core or foundation to rest upon.

--Soooo guys, wanna talk about my new fave : Hangman Page ? Just kidding, but Page is on a road that seems to lead to the top, that's for sure! Jericho as the 1st champion is an easy and sure pick, but Page makes it interesting. We have 2 months of build up, so we'll see where we stand at the end of August!

haha, I hope you do end up reppin' Adam Page. I'm not against him. Not for him. Damn near neutral about him. If I were booking All Out today, and I had to choose between the options, I'd say Jericho deserves the title 100% and Page 0%. And this is coming from someone who hates the idea of the first champ being a former WWE guy. But, realistically. I want to say, "Of course the Page run hasn't even started" as I think it will heat up down the line, but he still HAD THE MATCH THAT MADE HIM THE #1 CONTENDER, and I can't remember a single thing he did that was worthwhile. He's got a long, hard sprint to catch up to even a Jericho jog.

--On commentary, I didn't over enjoyed Jim Ross to be honest. Actually, my opinion evolved from my 1st to my 2nd viewing. I was annoyed on the night, I was getting irritated the more the show went on but then I rewatched it the following day and I didn't mind that much... Agreed, Marvez was weird, and I really enjoyed Excalibur too. I saw many complaints online about a masked commentator... but I guess these people only ever saw full-face masks.

I think Jim Ross answered it well: "Solid but we will get better." It's a first show, under big lights. I'd still make it two-person today, but that is not within our power.

Side note :I am loving how your personalities are shining through this podcast in particular. I know you are trying to hold back a little bit, to not fully fall crazily in love with this new promotion, and I really appreciate that. Cautiously optimistic is the correct phrase... Still, it must be getting harder and harder to keep a cool head. You two have done a terrific job at building up a company that didn't exist during 16 weeks, now is time for that company to live up to the hype that's behind it!

Thanks for your insights here! I think we were both more excited/relieved this week. It's not one of the big PPVs coming next, so it feels like less is on the line, though just as good quality could be there. It's nice to step out of the "existence of AEW on the line in one night" frame for a while.

--I am really enjoying the way AEW is showcasing the different styles of wrestling, and the way they respect the fact that it's not all the same. When you look at the card, it might not feel like it makes sense from match to match, I didn't get any feel of continuity through the card. AEW says it's all about diversity, well they did just that. Changing style from match to match also helps to keep the fans engaged and into the entire card. I would have changed more of the length of the matches, the 3 last matches felt the same length.

--The Joshi match was outstanding. I loved it from start to finish, these women can do it as good as any guy! I have no problem understanding why Mizfan loves women wrestling from Japan. I am also fully on board with Kong v Kong.

Yes to all of this! The potential of matches in the women's division that are each unlike the next is exciting.

--About the Cody v Dustin, I am completely with you guys on this one. I had to look away a few times, that was too much real blood in a choreographed performance. The story told was the best thing I have seen, probably ever. I could totally buy on both sides of the story, being the older one in my family, I know how much harder you have to work to get any praise at all from your parent (father here too). And being the younger one also brings the "you're not like your older sibbling" and the over protectiveness that comes along. I've watched it 3 times, and I still get all the feelings that I had the first time. I've showed it to my brother (who doesn't like wrestling) and I'll probably show it to my Wrestling Bestie next weekend. Anyone who has a brother or a sister or is close to his/her cousins have experienced to some extent the story told by Cody v Dustin. And the Cody promo after is truly heartbreaking, like Mizfan said, it came from the heart, and Cody delivered it perfectly.

As I mention on the upcoming episode, Dustin said the amount of blood scared him. If that doesn't put it into perspective....It's amazing they've had one show and you've had a "probably ever" moment. That by itself is quite amazing and worthwhile.

--I know nothing about the Bucks. The only things I know is what you guys have told me on AAAE. I was legit scared of the match because of all your comments, and I didn't know what to expect from them or the Lucha bros. I kinda understand why/how you don't like them, I didn't see much "story" in the match, and they spot wrestle a lot, I guess. I liked the touches of missed timing that were done to prove they were rusty. But Rusty Bucks aren't suppose to beat a team that has been destroying people for all of 2019. I'm sorry we didn't get the good Pentagon, but that could build to an interesting story down the line, if they split him from Fenix. As an inexperienced fan, I enjoyed the match, I agree there were too much big spot kick outs. Every time you think the match is ending it isn't. The same trope is going on with Gargano in NXT (his superhero character fits the bill though)

For me, I felt the match was WAY toned down to the one where Bucks won the belts. It's still exhausting. It's like when WWE/WCW used to have people running each other over in the parking lot with cars. I never liked that, but at least, at the beginning, you *might* say "Oh my god, has it come to this?" or "Oh shit! Look at that!" but by the tenth attempted murder in the parking lot you just wonder why the business hasn't been shut down and a police investigation started. I left DON slightly higher on the tag division, but it's still a wild card for me..

--WWE has a way of pacing it's WrestleMania cards to allow fans to rest during some matches. This year's WM was good on match placement, except for one that derailed the whole end of the show... These rest periods aren't necessary for 3 hours or less PPVs, but anything going on longer than 4 hours needs them. You can try to stay super invested but it's not that easy for such a long amount of time. I've been to many shows, of various length, and if I end the night exhausted I feel it was worth it. You shouldn't feel exhausted before the end of it though!

I think you make a nice distinction here: I will long remember tiring *with* a show/match. I will not look kindly on tiring *because* of a match/show. For my personal fandom, I'm not paying money to watch 4, 6, 8, matches in a row with nothing else going on. I fear they will try to do that because they've been critical of WWE for the long promos. But there is a middle ground. Just be REALISTIC. You don't have to overdo it, but you're not going to get that many competitors together for three hours without *some things* happening here and there. Again: I think they shoulda just had a interview stage at the top of the chip where Moxley threw Omega.

--On Jericho v Omega, I loved it. Jericho has always been a favorite of mine. I kinda get what Mizfan doesn't like about Omega and I guess it'll start to get on my nerves when I see him more and more. But for now, still love it! Jericho knows how to put on a hell of a show and still respect the limits of his own body. I hope you had time to rewatch it Mystic! Moxley's arrival was the worst kept secret of all time, but man did it worked just fine. We had small hints of Mox in the latest Ambrose turn on Rollins. The first few moments were utterly captivating, but it all went sour so quickly. I just hope Mox is completely unhinged and in constant mental conflict (I wanna see Sir Sam get everything he wants from his favorite wrestler)!

It's gotta be good to be SirSam right now. We all deserve that from time-to-time. I will definitely check it out again one day. My confidence in Jericho continues go grow.

--I also really enjoyed how they planted seeds throughout the whole show. That's the best way to build stories and it's a good start for the future of AEW.

Yes!

--MotN : Cody v Dustin on 1st watch; Jericho v Omega on 2nd watch.

Interesting.

Finally, a HUGE thank you for this very thorough recap of a great first event. Thanks to Mystic for giving us his last night in his old place before moving, and thanks to Mizfan for everything that makes him Mizfan.

PS : MJF is great !
    Given his age, too. He is great enough that we all should be scared. And hopeful. But mostly scared.

Did you guys release the show...Not finding it in my search for some reason

I'm honestly getting fed up with doing a show for a website where we can't post onto the main page. Close to my breaking point with it.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/lordsofpain

Double Dose of Fusion.

The Brain
    Here's the direct link for anyone who needs it!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/lordsofpain/aaae-06-08

The link Shane shared is for the whole LOPR channel, a good page to bookmark if you've had trouble finding any of the new stuff.

Definitely still working out a few kinks with the changeover from the old way. Also yeah, no idea why we haven't been able to post on the MP. I'll see if I can start pushing a little harder to get that sorted out.

Thanks for sharing that link, mizfan.

I almost posted an ALL CAPS response about preferring Fyter Fest to Double or Nothing. I saw an image of a new match announced and saw it as

1. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus vs. MJF and Jimmy Havoc

2. Then (I promise this is a true story) only in 3 views I realized it was Adam Page and Jungle Boy vs. MJF and Jimmy Havoc

3. Then I clicked on the article and realized it's a 4-way match between Adam Page/Jungle Boy/MJF/Jimmy Havoc

Could be a good match, but I liked it less with each realization.

No bullet points today as review for today. Listened to it on the road, kinda hard to takes notes. It was an enjoyable 3 hours of my time and it helped me to focus on positive stuff (for those who don't follow me on Twitter, my sister is in the hospital and I had a 9 hour drive to do today to get to her).

I'll be watching at least one episode of MLW at the hotel tonight, that'll be good. Thanks for doing the show guys, and thanks Mystic for clearing out the Amazon Prime line, I didn't get it either lol.

The Brain
    You're not kidding Shane, that original tag match sounds like the best of the bunch. Luchasaurus > Adam Page, at any rate.

What a weird place for him to be. I guess he has to win to try to buff up his dubious momentum but I'm not really grabbed by that thought. Page has been a weak point in AEW so far and that's coming from a guy who liked him a fair bit coming in. He's not awful, just hasn't really done anything to excite me yet.

Thoughts and prayers with you cathe.

Dubious momentum is so right. This is already the opposite of how they claimed they'd do booking. (Listening to the fans/responses.) If you did that, MJF would be in a push, but now he's in a match where I don't really care if he wins or loses. In fact, I'd rather he lose than keep a program with Adam Page. It's all very overwrought and out of touch. It's a weird piece of AEW that doesn't feel like AEW.

Big news: It comes from Kenny Omega (so 50/50 chance it's credible!), but it looks like Fyter Fest will be FREE through B/R.

The Brain
    That's very good news and I think very much the right step. They made a lot of money off of DoN but they also irritated some fans, so it's a good compromise to give those who couldn't pony up the cash a chance to check out AEW soon after.

Great point about MJF's placement at Fyter Fest not matching up with the fan response. I suppose he could always win the match by pinning someone other than Page but that, too, feels like a weird booking choice. I guess it's early to judge yet, so we'll see what they do at the show!

The Brain
    Just got done recording today's show! Meant to post these earlier but if anyone wants to watch along, here's some links to some videos we'll be covering...

Road to Fyter Fest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEB9CUGMoeo

Being the Elite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0n-bsYNcFk

MLW Fusion Episode 14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu8lJSY7Ss&app=desktop

MLW Fusion Battle Riot (We're covering up to the start of the Riot match itself)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1j8A8GxvCw

Hope everyone enjoys the show!

I'm either keeping you guys for the road back home on Sunday or Monday... Or I'll listen to the show twice. I'm trying to find time to watch the videos before listening to the podcast.

You guy have me excited for AEW Fiter Fest. Great talk on Darby Allen. And I'm with you that the match I'm most excited to see is Cody/Darby. This puts Cody 3/3 and thus far the matches have lived up to the hype. I think, ideally, they put on a clinic and Darby looks reckless but resilient.

I'm not a fan of Sean Spears, either. I think he should put over Dustin No Legs. I didn't get that Cody was underhandedly putting down Sean until I heard this show. Also, gave me the appreciation of Cody and stooges always together.

Interesting commentary on Page/Jericho main eventing behind such a big match as Omega/Moxley.

Also, interest to mention Cody's words on CM Punk. It's almost as if Cody wants CM Punk chants. Could CM Punk ruin Jericho's championship win celebration?

Nice appreciation for Arn. Would love to see him in AEW. The Horsemen are all alive and out there. Tully, Arn, Flair, and Ole..But I doubt you could ever get them 4 together, again. Wrestling is bitter, and man is Ole ever.

I remember watching this MLW show over a year ago. I stumbled on Tony being a commentator, a royal rumble, and my first exposure to MJF.

MJF really stood out to me... When I saw him at AEW and people started comparing him to the Miz, I was immediately off-put by their comments. He's just blowing up. Imagine if AEW had gone the route of making MJF vs Omega their first world title match? But I'm Monday morning quarter backing.

Love the love for Matt Striker. I think he brings literature alive in wrestling in such a beautiful way. Some see him over the top, but those are the reasons I love him. His work for Puma was stellar. Not a Puma fan, either, but god what memories of striker calling his stuff, especially his first title reign. Personally, he's my favorite announcer in wrestling, today.

I was also really impressed with Black Friday management. Lotta cool gangs in MLW.

Another good show
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 1 Day Ago at 02:51 PM.

The Brain
    I've been watching the clips of Darby Allin vs. Jon Moxley from North East Wrestling, and holy cow it looks like something special. Moxley tapes Darby's hands behind his back and just starts whaling on the back of his head, but Darby gets away and, hands still behind his back, starts launching himself at Moxley in every way he can think of. Not only am I a huge sucker for unique psychology like that, but I also love how much this speaks to the authentic character of both men. They aren't telling, they're showing. Moxley is an unstoppable force lashing out in all directions, and Allin is unafraid to take his life in his hands, to accept any risk or pain.

Interested by your mention of Punk appearing to go after Jericho. I don't doubt that AEW could make that exciting, but this is the danger with Jericho. My gut reaction was to remember when WWE did a very similar angle with the same two guys in 2013. I want Punk back but I think I want something fresh more. But I could be persuaded, that's just my immediate felt reaction.

I've got love for Ole, but if it comes to it Windham is still hanging around out there too, and there's much to be said for that incarnation of the Horsemen!

I've thought more than once about MJF/Omega being the first title match. As much as I love MJF, I wonder if it would be too much too soon. Then again, he's more ready than Page seems to be, so it's not like we're not already going down that road. I think MJF/Omega sounds better than Page/Jericho as a way to decide the first champion.

Always pleased to meet another Matt Striker fan. I know there are fans who truly despise him and honestly, there are times when I can see it, but he remains one of my personal favorites as well.

Great comments Ben, thanks for coming on the ride!

I will give it to Jercho/Moxley that they are both new incarnations of themselves, but I agree that bringing CM Punk in aint my favorite either...id rather them build stories and pay offs than rely on surprise shock moments

But cant see how this kind of main event ends well without intervention