Thread: Gerard Way/MCR

Gerard Way/MCR

Thought I'd start a thread for this as Way's putting out a fair bit of solo stuff at the moment, and I think MCR were a pretty big band for a lot of those people who were a few years younger than me so there might be a bit of chatter about them in here too.

Anyway, following on from some of the sixties influences on 'Getting Down the Germs', he's revisited the decade to cover Simon and Garfunkel's 'A Hazy Shade of Winter'. He's kept a lot of the original feel, mixed in some of his own sound, and also tried to push some of the 'atmospherics', for the lack of a better description.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

As much as I love MCR's 2nd and 3rd albums (their debut was hot garbage, though...), I don't think this thread will get a lot of love. After The Black Parade, MCR kind of fell off, and I highly doubt most people even realize Gerard is doing solo stuff now. Maybe if he does an entire soundtrack for a movie like Eddie Veddar did for "Into The Wild", then it might get a few hardcore fans talking...

Oh really? I can't claim to have my finger on the pulse anymore. But when I looked for the online version of some of the stuff I used to listen to back in the day, they've had some of his singles as 'things they are listening to'. And because it was alongside a lot of bands I'd never heard of, I kinda assumed it was still somewhat relevant.

I mean, no harm no foul. If I'm wrong, the thread'll just quietly die off, so....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I think HE might be somewhat more relevant now, but not for his music. Netflix version of his comic series "The Umbrella Academy" is getting quite a bit of buzz. I've seen a few episodes so far and really enjoy it.

Not a MCR fan but, yes, the show is pretty good. I had no clue he was the writer of the comics.