Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Give Uncle Nick a try. It's the Christmas movie from hell

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Been trying my best with the new series of Iron Fist, but it's been a hell of a slog just to get through the first two episodes. Unlike most I actually enjoyed its first season, so not sure why this one isn't really doing anything for me. I think it might be the actor who plays Davos - he's so unconvincing and wooden. It feels like catastrophic casting.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Anyone else watching Ozark? I started watching it this past week based off some recommendations from friends. I'm half through the first season and still not completely sold on it yet, but it keeps me in just enough suspense to keep on watching what's going to happen next. Hopefully it gets better towards the end of this first season and into the second.

I also got hooked recently on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. I thought it was a dumb concept the first time I heard of it. But after watching some episodes, a lot of the conversations are great. There are some episodes where the conversation is serious and borderline depressing (like the one with Howard Stern) but for the most part I enjoyed the ones I've seen. The "car" bits of the show are also entertaining, and I'm not even a car guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel 'Plan View Post
    Been trying my best with the new series of Iron Fist, but it's been a hell of a slog just to get through the first two episodes. Unlike most I actually enjoyed its first season, so not sure why this one isn't really doing anything for me. I think it might be the actor who plays Davos - he's so unconvincing and wooden. It feels like catastrophic casting.

Thatís... quite curious. I flew through it and thought it to be better than season 1.

Update on Ozark - I finished watching season 1 and don't think I'll follow up on the second season. I ended up feeling like they just tried forcing shocking things into the plot for the sake of cheap shock and not because it moves the story forward in any meaningful way. They tried way too hard.

Thatís disappointing. I just finished the flashback episode where Bateman meets Dale for the first time. Iím enjoying it so far.

It's not a bad show at all, so I wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it. To me, there were just too many things that felt forced to me and didn't connect as much as other shows I've caught on Netflix. I'll probably watch the second season some other time but there's a lot of new stuff to see and little time to see it so I don't want to force myself into something that didn't click with me.

Let me know if you do follow through on the second season to see if gets any better.

Will do. I seem to remember reading in another forum somewhere that season 2 was actually better, so weíll see.

No time for an edit... sorry for the double post. Just finished season 1 of Ozark, and I love it. There were quite the twists and turns throughout the season, and if it wasnít almost 11:00pm and me having a super long day at work tomorrow, Iíd probably watch at least the first two episodes of season 2 right now. I highly recommend it even though Degenerate was kind of meh on it. If you like Breaking Bad and that kind of story-telling... give Ozark a try.

Just finished the first episode of ĎLoveí. Apparently thereís 3 seasons out. About to watch episode 2, and Iím thinking Iíll binge this rather quickly if the rest is as good as episode 1. Written (or produced?) by Judd Apatow. Itís essentially what you would expect from his movies.

Anyone watched Maniac?

Not sure if it has been covered or not yet here but i just started watching Death Note - the tv series not the movie.

It is full of typical anime teen angst but still a very cool concept where a human gets possession of a Death Note, a book that he can write people's name in and they die. The main character has gone from kinda likely to pretty intensely repulsive in the first 15 or so episodes but it has a lot of fun twists and turns on the way. Almost an anime Breaking Bad in that they guy does terrible things with great motives and slowly descends into darkness as a result. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

@Sir_Samuel

Death Note is fantastic. Pretty sure you'll enjoy the rest.

I highly, highly recommend Haunting Of Hill House for any horror buffs. It is outstanding.

I am quite enjoying Big Mouth at the moment. Filthy brilliant!

Batman Ninja is the absolute tits!

Anyone watching the Haunting of Hill House? Man that show is good.

Narcos: Mexico. Loved the first three seasons, this one so far follows the same format and is as interesting, if perhaps the characters aren't as memorable as Escobar and the Cali Cartel.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #1: Is this it?

I am about halfway through season 4 of The Flash. Anyone watch it?

It is relatively PG, and a bit campy, but the first 2 seasons are great. The last few episodes of season 3 are awesome. Season 4 so far is the jump the shark season, but Ive come this far. Watching Flash learn new powers as he goes has been the best parts. The subject material is typically deep science fiction/super hero, so right up my alley.

Season 4 was great because the big bad finally wasnít a speedster. When all was said and done, I liked it more than season 3. And in comparison to Arrow season 4, it seems almost flawless. (It always breaks my heart when I have to think of season 4 of Arrow. Luckily it recovered it season 5.)

Arrow is supposed to by campy, Flash is a campy character, even when he is being serious. Arrow is a darker character, and basically a Batman knock off. Not a knock on Arrow, but it is true.

So far season 5 of Flash it is good, and in the mid-season finale (not including the Elseworlds crossover), we get a little more information about a new character that was introduced about the intentions may not be all that is originally thought.

Also, if you ever wonder why Joe takes a break from the episodes, it is because Jesse L. Martin has a legit back injury and needs some time off to heal. They are NOT writing him off the show, just giving him time off.

Good to know. I just finished season 4 and Meandi, you were right, it finished awesome. The last 6 or so episodes were really good.

I came on here mainly though, to discuss the movie, The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs. It is by the Coen Brothers, so if you know who they are, it is recommended viewing. It isn't their best movie, it falls flat in a few spots, but overall it is fun, different, often irreverent, and quite possibly an archtype for future cinematic storytelling.

I was a bit bummed that Buster himself wasn't in the movie longer. I enjoyed the character, and the actor. (Easter Egg: Dudley Dursley is in it)

I have to announce something almost as bad as a divorce... I had a falling out with Netflix… I come home and my wife starts talking that she found out Netflix was charging us twice a month. At first, I’m not trying to hear it, ya know it’s Netflix, they give me this great dark gritty shit. Hell, I found Lucha Underground here. Fuck who’d know Norm Mcdonald had a show without em? I ignored it. She said we lost upwards of 200 dollars for extra charges.

I keep trying not to overhear her on the phone with them. But I keep hearing this guy only wanting to pay her 30 bucks. And I’m trying to ignore it, but man, after a while the injustice starts banging its drum in your face….

I’m hearing shit that there was another account made with an email address that had my name and used my credit card number. For all the restaurants I order from who I give my number to and who also know my name, this isn’t inconceivable to believe there’s some fraud going on.

But the drum keeps beating in my face even though I’m not trying to hear it….Finally I took the phone from her and said, “Is this company trying to take advantage of a mistake I may have made or fraud? What benefit could I possibly get from having two accounts with the same card number?”

He kept repeating policy, and I said “are you a manager?” he said “no, of course, I’m just a consultant.”

I said, “well, let me talk to a manager.”

I told her I believe its fraud because the last of the usage of that other account was June 2018 and started in 2017. If I made a mistake that I don’t recollect, it wouldn’t go on for that long.

She still tried to convince me that there’s some value of me using two accounts with one card number. This drove me nuts. Why the fuck would anybody pay twice as much for Netflix? It’s like when you’re trying to play your drum and someone just gets in your face and smirks.

She said I’d have to use a different card number, until the investigation was over; in which I told her I would cancel my subscription and would renew it if Netflix does the right thing.

I do wonder though, as much money as I’ve spent on Netflix over the years and they’re fighting for only 200 plus dollars they have of some wrongdoing, how much more they’re making off fraud? They wouldn’t do it for that little amount of money, there must be more out there like that.

Still I’m afraid ultimately my love for their dark, gritty content will be greater than my values and I will go back to them, either way.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 01-27-2019 at 05:42 PM.

^ In case you missed it, I'm recommending, "Norm McDonald has a show."

Benjamin is hilarious ��

Too bad u will be missing out on the best of the best Zombie flick ever made in history of mankind : Kingdom, the Korean zombie series (6 parts). It’s a great show. It’s a zombie show that took place in the dynasty period (like dark ages zombies). Amazing show and pretty funny at times too.

I'm about halfway through season 2 of Punisher, and it is awesome so far. On the verge of being better than season 1 imo.

Check out the MCU Thread for a discussion on Punisher, but yes it is awesome.

I just watched a Netflix original movie from 2 years ago called Spectral. It was pretty good. An action movie with a sci-fi twist set within a miliatry setting. Good actors/cast, great special effects, and well done. This movie could have been a big budget movie shown in the theaters, regardless of how it would have fared, but it was entertaining, and well done.

Abducted in Plain Sight is an insane true story.

And I'm sure people have seen the "Fyre" doc and the crazy story about Evian water. Might be the most awkward moment in a documentary ever.