Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

A thread to discuss the oldest wrestling promotion still in existence, formerly EMLL and since the 1990s the World Wrestling Council, or CMLL.

I'm sure there'll be some videos in here before too long, if history is anything to go by!

The Brain
    Big fan of CMLL, there's way too much for me to watch all of it but I make a point to cherry pick some of the most interesting looking stuff. My favorite guy running right now is El Barbaro Cavernario but you can't go wrong with a lot of the top guys. I know Cult will stump for Soberano who is quickly growing on me, and you'd do yourself a favor if you look up guys like Volador, Valiente, Dragon Lee, Hechicero, Ultimo Guerrero, and of course the all time legend Negro Casas, just to name a few.

Never have watched any wrestling from it but I give it respect just on the strength of it being the oldest promotion around - even predates WWE by 20 years (1932 to 1952).

Twitter: @libsuperstar

I've have put money on their being about six videos in here by now!

The Monday and Tuesday show's both sucked, what do you want from me?! This and the AAA thread will be more active on Friday because they'll be going head to head, with CMLL holding the Gran Alternativa Final while AAA has their first show since Konnan's return as head of creative last month. Both look really good on paper.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    I've have put money on their being about six videos in here by now!
    Any requests, Pete? Did you ever watch that Azteca/Dandy match from the old thread?

He may want to keep up with the new stuff first! I'm happy to report that LA Park returned to CMLL last night in a surprise angle and that, barring an unfortunate occurrence, the main event of the 85th Aniversario on September 14th will be a mask vs. hair match between Park and Rush. You know, the guy Park had this match with a few years ago.

I'll have more to say after I actually watch the whole show but for now, REJOICE FOR THE CHAIRMAN HAS RETURNED!

The Brain
    That's a hell of an awesome thing!! I saw their match from last year but not the one you posted, so gonna have to watch that ASAP. Awesome pick up for CMLL, things seem to be going great in lucha libre right now!