King of the Columnists - Grand Final (and SF Results)

All of the scores for the semi-final round are in. I know you are just itching to know who has made it through to the grand final, so I won’t bore you with any preamble. Here they are.

R-Prof- 451 90.2%
    Samuel ‘Plan- 459 91.8%

205Clive – 414 82.8%
    Anonymous – 395 79%

It was really fascinating to watch the picture unfold. Anonymous came in, as most of us are aware, in less than ideal circumstances, but despite that Clive was only ever able to pull out smallish wins, and Nony did rein him back in on occasion. Ultimately, though, the accumulation of single-digit wins started to add up and it became a decent winning margin.

The other contest was on a knife-edge, and with most of the judges’ cards in it looked as if the result was going to go the other way, but the final two cards coming in with narrow wins for ‘Plan to avoid the upset. Actually, I take that back: based on his performance across the tournament so far, I’m not sure anyone would have considered it an upset had R-Prof got the win here, which goes to show just how quickly he has made a big impression. While a few of us have got a win over ‘Plan over the years, that number drops dramatically when you look at his record post-2013, when he really became the writer he is today, and an average above 90 across five different scorecards suggests this would have beaten most people, in most tournaments.

Sorry for going on, but obviously I’ve been seeing this story develop in real time and haven’t been able to talk to anyone about it, so wanted try and convey just how great the round has been. But that’s probably enough from me. We know that there’s still one more, quite important bit of business to decide. Here is the final, and the topic.

Samuel ‘Plan vs 205 Clive – Fighting Fire with Fire

Deadline: Friday 15th March - 10PM in London, 5pm in New York.

Of course, the New York time is just here as a guide for others following the tournament, as both our finalists are on Greenwich Mean Time.

Will 'Plan finally add the tournament victory to his CV? Or will it be a repeat of the QF, where Clive outscored him, to deny him once again? You'll have to come back later to find out....

The only change to the rules this time relate to the tiebreaker – as you were told at the beginning of the tournament, in the final round there must be a clear and decisive winner. That means you’ll have to write another column if you can’t be separated on the judges scorecards. Oh, and your word limit is expanded to 2000.

Thanks to the two players leaving at the semi-final stage. They often say this is the worst time to go out, but you should both be very proud of the role you’ve played in making this a great tournament. Clive & Sam – I guess there’s nothing else left to say but good luck to both of you and may the best writer win.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Many congratulations to 'Plan and Clive! I had a hell of a fun time participating in this tournament, and I'm proud to have given 'Plan a good run here. Again, it was just a real honor to have made it to a round with such esteemed writers as 'Plan, Clive, and Nony. Many thanks to Prime Time for the kind words and to the judges and readers for all the thoughtful feedback. Looking forward to reading the final pieces from 'Plan and Clive.

Main Page Mafia represent!

@Sir_Samuel

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Well done to nony and Prof both. Incredibly talented writers, who can be proud of their efforts.

Best of luck to Clive.

Really great competition to date. Congrats to everyone. Here were my semifinal scores

ROUND THREE
    END OF AN ERA
    Plan 88
    R-Prof 90

WHAT I MOST WANT TO SEE
    Anonymous 75
    205 Clive 85

Plan- 90
    Prof- 96

Clive- 82
    Nony- 81

Good luck to the finalists. It’s much deserved.

Congrats to Pete on running a fabulous tournament. One of the smoothest I’ve known.

Well done to the judges for their transparency and honesty.

The Brain
    Congrats to all four guys, who have done some great work in this tourney. I wouldn't have predicted this final but I'm really interested to see it go down! And absolutely congrats to Pete, I've never seen a tournament run so well.

Here's what I ended up with for the round:

Plan 93
    Prof 86

Nony 76
    Clive 74

It's really easy when the competitors and judges all play their part so well. All I have to do is type a few bits up and take the plaudits.

First of all, massive thanks to everyone who had taken part, whether you are a judge, competitor, a PrimeTime, or reader. Both the praise and constructive criticism has been really welcome.

It's humbling to know I have reached this stage, what with the incredible competition and entries throughout the tournament. Don, Jacob, and Nony, you all pushed me to my limit. Much respect to all three of you.

Very best of luck to you, 'Plan. I won't play the defeatist card in this instance, but I'm under no illusion as to what I'm up against especially in this late stage. I might need need to go way outside of the box for this one.

So many jokes to that comment..

I’ll probably post the column I wanted to do for the final anyway.

You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here
    'Plan - 97.5

R-Prof - 92.5

Nony - 87.5

Clive - 90.0

This has been fun. Looking forward to the final
    Author of The WrestleMania Era book series, author of The Doctor's Orders columns on LOP since 2010, LOP Columns Hall of Famer, former host of The Doc Says podcast on LOP Radio (2013-2018), former LOP Raw and WWE PPV Reviewer (2006-2007), and former LOP Smackdown Reviewer (2004-2006)

Forgive my tardiness, and those with the inclination to do so will have already deduced my scores, but here they are officially:

Samuel 'Plan - 90
    R-Prof - 86
    205 Clive - 83
    anonymous - 75

Looking forward to a great final!

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Good grief, that was a tough column to crack - and still not confident in the effort. But hey, I made it, and best of luck to Clive!

Very best of luck to you also, 'Plan!

I've now added my entry. Time to put the feet up and watch some cheesy shit on Netflix!

Just to give an update, I have 3/5 scores in....

The Brain
    Hope to have mine in today!