Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Omega! Fenix! The AAA Mega Championship! AAA Heroes Inmortales is tonight and you should watch it.

Where can one watch it?

Twitch! AAA has their own channel that you can find by clicking this link. It's free for non subscribers though there is a chance you'll get some ads every now and then and you won't be able to watch the show On Demand afterwards unless you're a subscriber. Subscribing means paying $4.99 a month unless you're an Amazon Prime member; if you are then you can sign up for Twitch Prime (which is free) and thus get one subscription on Twitch for free.

It's all very complicated. Bottom line is you can watch for free on Twitch without subscribing. The show begins around 9:00 p.m. EST tonight; Omega-Fenix is the semi-main and should come on around 11-11:30, perhaps a bit later. Here's the full card.

The Brain
    How the show Cult? I heard good things!

I would say the famed Tepic show from February, Triplemania and Invading NY were better overall shows but this was only a notch below. Almost every match was fun, the sequences between Hijo del Vikingo and Taurus as the final two in Copa Triplemania were breathtaking, the Antonio Pena hologram was super cool and, most importantly, Fenix and Omega knocked it out of the park with one of the three best matches in AAA this year (right below Wagner-Demon and Vikingo-Laredo Kid) and Omega won the title! So we will indeed be seeing more of Omega in AAA down the road.

The Brain
    I'm such a mark for Taurus. I know there are tons of smaller guys just waiting to break out further in the US, with Vikingo likely at the top of the list, but there's something about Taurus that I look forward to even more.

Holographic wrestling authority figures... nobody show this to WWE, we'll have Vince onscreen firing people into the next century!

AEW wants both Vikingo and Taurus quite a bit. Vikingo would already be working AEW if he had his visa in order; that's who they wanted to be Pentagon and Fenix's partner at Fyter Fest but the visa issues got in the way, which led to Laredo Kid getting the shot (which was fine by me; Laredo Kid has been the best luchador in the world this year and should be used all the time when he returns from appearing on that reality show he recently joined). Once that's resolved he'll be there. As for Taurus I know for a fact he was approached by Tony Khan after that high acclaimed trios match in PWG earlier this year and was also the guy who was paired up with Cody when he went down to AAA. They're very high on him too, so I would expect you'll see him before long.

Personally I think we'll be seeing a lot more AAA talent on AEW going forward, especially now that Kenny is AAA Mega Champion. The word is that AEW will be incorporating the belt into their storylines, which would indicate to me that there will be title defenses. If it were me I'd be bringing in guys like Vikingo, Taurus, Aerostar, Drago, Laredo Kid, Psycho Clown (another Cody favorite) and a few others to give Kenny a run for his money in title matches. But then again if it were me Kenny would be holding this Mega Championship for months and should only be losing it to either a) Fenix in a rematch, b) Pentagon, c) Psycho (my preferred option), d) a returning Rey Mysterio Jr. (contract is up in April!) or e) a debuting Rush. The latter, by the way, is coming to AAA inevitably so don't dismiss the possibility of Rush-Omega and definitely don't dismiss the possibility of Triplemania XXIV being headlined by the mask vs. hair match everyone has been waiting for.

The Brain
    Hey, AEW loves taking cues from WCW already so bringing in a load of sweet luchadors would be perfect!

For those who enjoyed talking about LA Park earlier, mizfan and I talk to each other (and sometimes ourselves) about it here too! Join us. Come to the lucha side. WE HAVE THIS GUY!

😊

How big a star will Laredo Kid be by the end of 2021?

And Vikingo, for that matter. He's so good!
    Last edited by Oliver; 10-31-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Laredo Kid is going to be big by 2020 because he's on that Exatlon reality show right now. It's basically Mexico's Survivor and it generally gets you a lot of publicity for being on it. He and Myzteziz Jr. (another really talented young high flyer) are both on it and regardless of what happens they should both benefit. Plus my understanding is that Laredo will be in AEW at some point too so that can only help him.

Vikingo will be a mega star. He's probably the most innovative high flyer out there right now other than maybe Alex Zayne, he's got a ton of charisma and he's pretty much money every time he wrestles. AEW wants him too; it's just a matter of when he gets his visa. Even then he'll be a big deal in AAA for years to come I'd reckon. The only thing that'll hurt him is he doesn't have a mask, but that's a minor thing when he can do some of the stuff he does.

The Brain
    I don't think not having a mask will hurt him at all, we've had plenty of lucha stars without masks over the years.