Thread: MLW

MLW

Anybody watch or follow MLW?

I've heard that they've had Schiavone and Cornette on there in the last year or so, which kinda makes it sound like a bit of a JCP throwback (though I can't imagine that's how it'll be in practice). Also hear Konnan is involved in the backstage area somehow.

Anyone got any knowledge to add?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

All you need to know about MLW is that they have LA Park and Teddy Hart. They're a top five promotion on that and that alone.

The Brain
    I've watched the first several episodes of Fusion, which started last year on youtube, and I've enjoyed it pretty well. Oddly I actually enjoy Schiavone more on commentary than I ever really did in WCW, he seems much more relaxed and is reacting to how wrestling has changed in real time while bringing a bit of an old school mindset to it. It hasn't blown me away but it's been pretty enjoyable overall, and they book a really wide range of talent to put on matches others aren't, while still telling some continuous stories with their core talent. My fear is with everyone getting signed to exclusive contracts they may get left in the dust, but they'll have a fighting chance to replenish with new talent just like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I've watched the first several episodes of Fusion, which started last year on youtube, and I've enjoyed it pretty well.
    So here's my million $ question.... we've talked quite a bit over the last few years, do you think I'd enjoy it?!

The Brain
    You'd like it much more than your average indy, but ultimately I think you'd be lukewarm on it at best Pete.

Huh, OK. Might watch one at some point to see how I get on but I won't rush out or get my hopes up, then.