Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Miz

I don't think the Miz needs a win. The Miz is reaching a certain level of over, that he can lose and still be a credible heel. He's the type of heel that could hold a title for over a year, lose almost all his matches, comeback on Tuesday and still have the belt and make you believe that him losing was all part of the plan and he's still the greatest champion today. WWE hasn't had this level of heel in a long, long, long time. I'm not going to say he's all the way there yet, but he's really close.

That's my point, and it was shown when the Miz lost to Cena at Mania, where he should have won there too. Even a chicken shit champion heel, needs to get a clean win every now and then to keep them credible. The video packages last night did a really good job highlighting the 8 year feud between Miz and Bryan, and with the way, and all of the legit points Miz makes in his interviews, he should get the win.

The Miz can then duck Bryan until Mania, saying that he has nothing left to prove, that he beat Bryan and he no longer wants anything to do with him. Then by the Rumble you have Miz win the WWE Title and Bryan win the Rumble setting up the rematch, where the Miz can't hide, and Bryan gets his revenge AND the Title.

The Miz doesn't want anything to do with Bryan now, you're not doing anything new with Miz by saying that. I think the Miz should win but and he probably will. Hell in a cell is next month and they need a match for that show.... so it could be Miz/Bryan again or Joe/Styles but they have to have a reason to get in cell... Miz cheating to win does accomplish that.. Can't see this being a one off is my point. If they go to a Miz/AJ feud right after its not gonna be til the rumble that Miz takes the title..

Only way this match is a one off is if Bryan really does leave the company.
    Last edited by LK3185; 08-15-2018 at 07:45 PM.

The Miz should win and clean. Nothing dirty.

Miz won the Cena match

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Miz won the Cena match
    This. Although, the attention was on The Rock and not The Miz.

Heels don't win clean, especially the Miz.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Miz won the Cena match
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    This. Although, the attention was on The Rock and not The Miz.
    I meant the mixed tag, from 2 years ago, and even with the Miz reminding everyone that he did beat Cena, as stated, that was the Rock. The Miz was completely shafted at Mania 27. It was his first (and only) chance to headline Mania and he was completely overshadowed by the Rock. He is almost completely forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I meant the mixed tag, from 2 years ago, and even with the Miz reminding everyone that he did beat Cena, as stated, that was the Rock. The Miz was completely shafted at Mania 27. It was his first (and only) chance to headline Mania and he was completely overshadowed by the Rock. He is almost completely forgotten about.
    At first I thought you did and I wrote that in my response initially, but when I reread your post and saw " Even a chicken shit champion heel" so it made me think you were referring to his match against Cena for the title. That being said, I apologize for misunderstanding your post.

But yes, you are correct. Maryse and The Miz should have won that mixed tag match. Cena had his Mania moment by proposing to Nikki. He didn't need the W on top of it.

Fair bit of coverage out there that they are quietly testing Miz out as a babyface.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

There is a scenario out there that could generate nuclear heat for the Miz AND Daniel Byran though. Have the Miz be hinting at being a face for the next few weeks, maybe until the Rumble. Then when the Miz is a full face, have him do a run in on the Bryan vs ??? match at the Rumble and help out Bryan retain the title. Then have Bryan and Miz celebrate together in the ring.

The fans would go apeshit in the best way. Miz would have played us all, and then teaming up with Bryan? Perfect. It could be a second coming of the two man power trip type of plot.

I'm not sure that would generate nuclear heat. A generation ago, sure. Now I suspect people would go 'oh I'm supposed to believe they don't hate each other now, that's bullshit' and crap all over it. The whole reason Miz and Bryan seemed to work better than most anything else they tried was that they seem to be able to tap into a genuine antipathy towards each other - something that doesn't really appear in many other places in their stories.

My guess is that would play as well as pretty much any other story they do with the keen fans, and the more critical ones would say 'oh, so that's been turned into another generic WWE angle now too'.

I mean, by WWE standards, it'd work fine. Not saying you can't do it. I think I'd just need to see some evidence that it would do any better than the average when it sounds essentially like more of the same, in an age where they've got a credibility deficit.

OK so Miz is a babyface now, but where do you think they go with that after Wrestlemania when he's done with Shane?

I know plenty of people don't think he should be in this role at all so is there some kind of ceiling on where he can go before having to turn again?

Miz vs Bryan again.

I really don't dislike this face run of The Miz. Maybe a Miz and Samoa Joe feud for the US title if Joe doesn't lose it to Mysterio?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    OK so Miz is a babyface now, but where do you think they go with that after Wrestlemania when he's done with Shane?

I know plenty of people don't think he should be in this role at all so is there some kind of ceiling on where he can go before having to turn again?
    It really easy, in my eyes, to pivot from this into Bryan vs Miz, but I don't think that'll be much fun without a title involved.

This is the first time I've really felt like Miz has connected as a face, and it's because he's not either being written as, or trying to be, a Rock-lite kind of face. The promo last week was incredible.

It is absolutely amazing of the evolution of the Miz, from a cocky arrogant throw away heel, to a truly major promo and a big star in the company. Yes I believe that the Miz will finally get a big win at Mania over Shane, but I think he deserves a big time Wrestlemania feud where he gets a win. Like maybe he should be the one to retire John Cena, whenever that happens, or maybe he gets to win a major championship at Next year's Mania.

Regardless of the feud, a win over Shane is NOT a major moment.

The Brain
    I always knew Miz had a good face run in him. He's too good with character work and too naturally likeable underneath his punchable exterior. It was heartbreaking when they handed him that horrible run in the mid parts of the decade, thank god he survived and rebounded.

So, Miz heads over to RAW in shake up. Do people think he's going to feature in their main event or not?

Eventually, but since he is a face now, he will have to wait for a while. Rollins will have a run until at least Summerslam, and you know that Vince wants the title back on Reigns...sooo.....I am not sure how to put the title on Miz at the moment. What a shame though.

Money in the Bank and have him challenge ahead of time and run it face vs face like RVD/Cena in 06.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    you know that Vince wants the title back on Reigns
    Not with Roman going to Smackdown, he doesn't!

Honestly, this Shane feud might be the best thing that has ever happened with The Miz. The fire he had on Monday was excellent, and really added to everything he did. The sense of urgency around him is palpable.

It had completely slipped past me that the next PPV (special Shield Event excluded) is Money in the Bank. I would certainly have Miz as the frontrunner for it at the moment, and would argue there are few people on Raw who could use it more. Drew, maybe - there is absolutely no way that Drew should not be a main eventer by SummerSlam, MitB or not.

Bit of a sidestep for the thread but George Mizanin apparently made a run-in at AIW on behalf of the former Hornswoggle....

On twitter there was some crap about it being a shoot, how stupid do they think we are

Miz losing to Shane via the latter having sweated so much he can't keep his shirt on - is this the worst loss in WWE history? And how much have they now nerfed Miz's run given he can't beat a part-time non-wrestler in two different situations?