Thread: The Miz

The Miz

If 'Plan think Seth Rollins is the best wrestler in the WWE right now, I think he's wrong. I'd argue his opponent last week was. Entertaining on the mic, suddenly very capable in the ring and with more character depth than Rollins could dream of. I'm a Mizfan. Hopefully he wins Money in the Bank.

Anyway, he at least deserves a thread.

I was talking on twitter with someone that asked if there was anyone else in the company that is a better all round package than Miz right now?

I honestly was struggling to answer, Rollins is the obvious other guy and I'd say Bryan at his peak. Although they are great they are both a step behind Miz on the mic while they are potentially a step beyond him in terms of wrestling ability. I'm splitting hairs as we are talking about the absolute best but Miz stacks up pretty well compared to both of them.

The only other guy I could pull out of left field is Dean Ambrose who I'd say is the only guy on the The Miz's level on the mic and is actually quite similar in the ring too, although being out injured handicaps him in the discussion right now.

Crazy that this guy that Miz has come so far, I remember when he blew up in 2010 thinking 'there might be something here' but I would never have picked him to be amongst the absolute top guys in the company.

Since Bryan had to quit there's been one constant in the WWE main roster matches I've really liked. And that's The Miz. I'd have called you crazy if you'd said that before the 2016 brand split, and yet here we are.

Funny thing for us to finally agree on, Nony.

Miz has become a secret workhorse. It's amazing, actually, his sudden putting of everything back together.

It's been said, but stands repeating: I really do think that concussion from Mania 27 had serious linngerinng side effects and it's taken him years to get back to that level again. It certainly feels like there was something suddenly changed.

I think I really started to notice it about Extreme Rules 2016, so that's the past two years that I'd proably peg The Miz as being either the guy, or on his way to being the guy, in the midcard.

The Miz is most likely winning MITB and taking the title off AJ by then end of the year. This, as I stated in the previous version of the forums, is to set up Bryan's Rumble win and challenging the Miz for the WWE title at Mania.

Miz is really gaining my respect. He has such appreciation for tradition he wants the IC and WWE Titles to be taken seriously. In a new SI interview he stated the WWE Title should always close a PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    The Miz is most likely winning MITB and taking the title off AJ by then end of the year. This, as I stated in the previous version of the forums, is to set up Bryan's Rumble win and challenging the Miz for the WWE title at Mania.
    Great scenario!

Twitter: @libsuperstar

The Brain
    Totally agree with Ollie that WM27 derailed Miz far more than we have known, because he was very nearly as good before that as he is now. But now, holy crap, he really is better than ever. I think he smokes Rollins on the mic and does laps around Ambrose's recent work, and I think in the ring he's become one of the best in the world today at engaging the crowd, building a story, creating believable near falls, and holding a match together while some other guy does flips around him. The man is on another level right now, it's amazing and I'm so glad for the guy who looked like he was going nowhere fast just a few short years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I'm a Mizfan.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    because he was very nearly as good before that as he is now.
    The thing for me is that now, I buy into what he does. Back then, he seemed like a guy who was trying to be annoying. Which makes sense because that's obviously what he was, but I think if you're looking to buy into it there's a whole other level there that he's at now.

I do buy the injury thing though, because he turned to dross for a while there and even his fans didn't really like watching him.

The Brain
    That was a tough period for me, it's true!

Part of me wants him to try a face run. As hes the ultimate heel, it would be interesting. Moments like when hes chatted about his family and when hes just gotten face pops have made me wonder though.

I do think he could pull it off one day.

The Brain
    There is absolutely money in an eventual face run. His real story is genuinely inspiring, even more so now that he's clawed his way back to the top of the mountain against all odds AGAIN after doing it once and then falling off. The family stuff is also potentially great. I'm not sure WWE has the chops for it right now but maybe down the line.

He is just such a great heel though. One of the few genuine heels left, someone who isn't afraid of acting like a coward when it comes down to it (although he has been toning down that side of his character in recent months).

Interesting development, Miz says Bryan isn't at his level... and Bryan agrees, saying that Miz has having great matches and since his return he's obviously got work to do if he wants to get back to the top level.

Honest answer. Not sure it does much for the feud!

Especially since he has been back for barely 2 months and one of those performances was 70+ minutes in the Greatest Royal Rumble.

I guess it distances them and gives Bryan something he has to work towards before he can take on The Miz. Does make me wonder when they are going to pull the trigger. Suggests to me that it may be a little later, possibly even putting it off to Mania.

Bryan didn’t steal the show again Big Cass, but the Miz really did. Although quality of opposition is a factor.

I don’t think the Rumble equates to much. That match was a fun mess and whilst Bryan was a focal point, I wouldn’t say it was his best work. He needs to feud with a decent wrestler. I’d like to see him fight Shelton Benjamin or someone of that level. The Cass feud does nothing for him.

I’m still shocked Miz hasn’t taken time off for his baby. Is he just too important these days?
    Last edited by anonymous; 3 Days Ago at 08:34 AM.

The Brain
    Pretty sure Miz is a Cena-level workaholic, so that might explain it. He also probably knows he's hotter now than he has been in years, maybe ever, so it'd be a bad time to ask off. That's what killed Steamboat's push permanently back in the day.

Fascinating development with Bryan. Reminds me of in the original NXT, when he said he should be eliminated because he had a losing streak.

I feel like it makes sense too, think about how badly Bryan wants to beat Miz. If he rushes in while he's still rusty, even slightly, and gets beat, that's an unbelievable psychological defeat. Like, a crippling one. I dig the idea that Bryan is holding back his desire to swing wildly at Miz, instead making sure his arsenal if fully restocked before going back to work. God, that's going to be a hell of a match when it happens.