Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sasha Banks

The last word was that she was on extended vacation and would be back sooner than later That was of course a month ago when people thought she was returning imminently and well, it didn't happen. I do think she will be returning at some point as it's a) the only way to keep her contract moving (if she does actually want to leave) and b) she clearly loves wrestling and I don't see her sitting at home for several years. But it's very hard for me to believe she's still on a WWE sponsored vacation and that there have been no problems. There's no doubt in my mind she walked out at least briefly back in April, and WWE either smoothed things over in the medium and are waiting for the right time to bring her back, or things haven't been resolved at all. Her vs. Becky at Summerslam would be a match many want to see, so if she's not back by then then I think it tells you a lot.

This Sunday, the return of Michael Cole screaming "IT'S BOSS TIME!"

Hopefully she turns heel on Bayley

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    I haven't cringed this hard reading something since I caught the phrase "you're either dirty, OR YOU'RE IN THE DIRT!" Only a legend like Sydney Steele could make that line work.

Vince has always had the mentality of overdoing taglines. "The Boyhood Dream" was likely the first one I consciously noticed in the 90s, but I've watched some TNT and pre-original WrestleMania, where Vince was pushing the buttons on how Big John Studd and Ken Patera cut Andre the Giant's hair (leading to the bodyslam challenge match), and Vince said on commentary, in segments on Tuesday Night Titans, and so many other recaps how the Heenan Family "raped his dignity". It was so over the top and glaring. So, Vince pushing these lame taglines doesn't shock me. I understand how it's marketing., but there has to be a better way than screaming the same overproduced tagline every single entrance someone makes.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post

Hopefully she turns heel on Bayley
    I could definitely see that. I just don't think the match needs Sasha's assistance when it is already going to be 2 on 1.

2 on 1, Bayley wins it, then a 2 on 1 beatdown which Sasha 'makes the save' from.

Then Bayley beats the shit out of her for being a coward and rips Izzy's hairband off.

GIVE ME DARK BAYLEY I'M SO READY FOR IT.

I'd accept a heel turn from Bayley, but I find she's had enough of a change of character so far that a heel turn isn't needed. Sasha on the other hand, who is not anywhere close to my favorite female wrestler, is woefully terrible as a face. She might be undersized as a heel, but her character work is tremendous. A heated Bayley vs Sasha feud going into SummerSlam would be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    2 on 1, Bayley wins it, then a 2 on 1 beatdown which Sasha 'makes the save' from.

Then Bayley beats the shit out of her for being a coward and rips Izzy's hairband off.

GIVE ME DARK BAYLEY I'M SO READY FOR IT.
    They almost gave us a heel turn last year, but then it turned into a way to justify them getting the now dead women's tag titles.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Sasha Banks made an Instagram post, where she apparently was (or still is) in Japan, and took time to train with Meiko Satomura and the Sendai Girls promotion. She also wrote something among the lines of "one day I will return", which can be taken in a few different ways.

I know that Satomura has some relationship with the WWE given her appearance in the Mae Young Classic, but it's still pretty interesting to have Banks spending time in Japan and training with other promotions publicly. Maybe it's just to distract from an impending return to the WWE, who knows.

Ya know, at first I was behind her decision and irritation with WWE, but now she's just milking everything for attention it seems. It's getting old.

I'm not Sasha Banks fan. I never thought she was great, her peak was in NXT, and she's been a weak link in most of her matches and angles since.

BUT, WWE have screwed up with her more than any other female performer. Charlotte is better in the ring, Alexa is better on the mic as heel. Yet Sasha is really close to both in those categories, making her one of the better options to be a top heel on either brand. So, WWE decides to book her as a face for 3-4 years? This isn't to say she sucks as a face, but she's barely above average in that role. She was a tremendous heel, and it's definitely her strength. She isn't Roman Reigns, in that WWE is trying to make her the face of the company, so there's no reason not to have turned her heel.

Add this tag title debacle, and I understand her frustrations. I don't think anyone knows exactly how she dealt with those frustrations, so it's possible she handled them immaturely and terribly. That's my guess, but I can't say for sure. But the problem with the tag title stuff wasn't dropping the gold to Iiconics for no reason (I'm a huge fan of the Australian duo). All wrestlers need to understand they need to lose at some point. But it's how it was done. 2018 was such an odd year for Sasha and Bayley, and it felt like they were taking a slow build to something. I kept thinking "give it time, there is something planned, up their sleeve"...etc. Yet all the teasing of a breakup/heel turn turned into a month long title reign? Who knows how true the rumors of Bellas coming back to feud with the Iiconics are, but it really feels like Sasha and Bayley weren't really having any sort of focus. It was aimless for the sake of laziness. That would frustrate me too.

Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated with it from a Bayley fan point of view. It felt like they were going to reprise the rivalry that made them both must see in NXT and then they prevaricated at every possible turn. I don't know whether it was to do with the idea for the titles or something else, but I seem to remember them pretty much doing the turn at one point and then nearly immediately retconning it on the next episode of TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated with it from a Bayley fan point of view. It felt like they were going to reprise the rivalry that made them both must see in NXT and then they prevaricated at every possible turn. I don't know whether it was to do with the idea for the titles or something else, but I seem to remember them pretty much doing the turn at one point and then nearly immediately retconning it on the next episode of TV.
    It did seem like Bayley was going to be heel and I like the idea of doing fresh heel turns (ie: People who have never been heel before going heel), however Sasha would have been the safer person to turn. I expected her to show up at Extreme rules to "assist" Bayley only to turn on her (if she was to return), but atlas that did not happen. Maybe she'll make a surprise return at Summerslam causing a no contest between Ember Moon and Bayley? Although, I honestly expect Charlotte to be put in the title match at Summerslam.

Sounds like she's vs. Lacey Evans tonight?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Which will likely result in Lacey winning and moving onto Bayley.

She was 'AWOL' on Smackdown - apparently recording a rap album or something, not sure if that's storyline or real or what's going on.

I'm wondering if they're drawing this out to Mania, you know, and having Bayley vs Lacey there rather than as a Rumble feud. It wouldn't be the best thing they could do at Mania, in my opinion, but I can't see them building this to a finish at the Rumble right now.

They probably are, and I could see Lacey taking the belt off Bayley as a feel good moment for Mania.