Family & Parenting

Some of you probably come here to escape your family and parents but I know that enough of us have partners and even kids so why not have somewhere we can rant a little about them, swap war stories or advice.

To kick things off I'm gona be a Father for the first time in October this year. Anyone want to share any words of wisdom?

I don't have any kids but from growing up myself I can give you a piece of advice:

Don't be easy on them about drugs when they're teenagers. They can and will fuck you up and possibly ruin their life.

The biggest thing to worry about in the first 6 months is the severe lack of sleep. My youngest is 17 months and he is still up regularly during the night. It's something you'll just need to get used to QUICKLY.

There is a benefit from it though. Lots of late night netWWErk viewing in the middle of the night!
    Summerslam & Takeover Brooklyn IV Review Show

I think that drugs stuff is a hard one. I certainly don't want them doing anything too serious but I know that putting too many restrictions on them they are probably just going to sneak stuff. That is what I did at least. Also the thought of my kid growing up with social media frightens the crap out of me. It only really became a thing for me and the guys at my school in our final year and it still caused drama and we are only talking old school myspace, not even a fraction of the crap that they have access to now and will probably have access to in 10 years time.

I have heard that you get lots of late night tv time although I'm not sure how that will effect my work. Thankfully I will have the first 6 weeks off to help with it all but after that I imagine I'm going to be operating at a somewhat limited capacity.

@Sir_Samuel

Only advice I have is you'll be hard on yourself a lot and to remember that every one learns while they go. There's no instruction manual. If you start to get on top of yourself remember you're probably doing just fine.