Slammiversary XVI

We're around a couple of months off from Slammiversary XVI from Toronto. So here's a thread to discuss the event, which I'm sure will get busier as it gets closer.

Definitely feels like there are more eyes on Impact now than in the past, and a much higher percentage of what I hear is positive.

The Brain
    This was up on Wikipedia, so hpoefully it doesn't count as spoilers (or flat out lies)!

I see right now Aries vs. Moose is booked. I'm down with this and I'm inclined to say Moose should walk away with the victory. I think he's a (relatively) home grown guy they can really build around. He has some name value and a lot of raw talent, so I'd like to see them give it a real try with him.

I also saw Su Yung booked against Rosemary. I'm a big fan of Rosemary and thinks she deserves a big spotlight. I haven't seen Su Yung in years, didn't think much of her as a rookie but she's clearly transformed herself and gotten a lot of positive attention lately, so I'm all about her getting a spotlight as well. The KO division has been sort of a revolving door in recent years but they generally seem to have a talented core of people involved, which is a major positive.

"Talent isn't sexually transmitted." CanadianCrippler's Avatar
    I just got my ticket from secure box office, I think the show is now completely sold out so that's a good sign that there will be actual TNA/Impact! fans attending although based on the most recent BFG in Ottawa, I don't know if they're appealing to a "smart" Toronto crowd. Based on what I've seen thus far I wasn't aware Pentagon Jr. lost the Championship so quickly to Aries, but with the way Moose and always have interacted, I'm not surprised they're facing off. Actually dissatisfied with that being the main event however I'm looking forward to seeing the new LAX tear up the ring against Zema Ion and that other guy (can't remember) unless they hotshot the belts back or move forward with another team.
    Im not up to date with spoilers but I would love to see an ultimate x match or a King of the Mountain ladder match live.

I thought for sure in late 2016/early 2017 that TNA was done and I'm pissed i never got to see a TNA show in company history so this is me making up for it now. Ao help me God if they book a shit card....

The Brain
    Definitely a bummer that Penta lost the title so fast. A misstep honestly, but I guess not a big one as they seem to still be doing alright.

Match quality hasn't reached it's prime again but they are using most of the rosterpositively. I'm not looking forward to a Fallah bah versus KM match or a tag team run either. Su-Yung feels like the literal embodiment of Jimmy Jacobs 'zombie princess' gimmick and despite how I feel about the triangle storyline between rosemary, Allie and Yung, I am looking forward to the women's match. Gonna catch up on Impact this weekend but for a cheap plug, I'll bring a Lords of Pain to the show. Section 312 Row E seat 9.

It is worth mentioning that Rebel night club is pretty high end and is more of a EDM dance scene with expensive bottle service but with the occasional concert here and there every month. I don't think they've ever held a wrestling event before but it's one of those dress appropriate places with shitty parking so I don't know if I should wear plaid shirt and denim jeans or my funeral attire?
    Last edited by CanadianCrippler; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:02 PM.

I think that's fair. I don't actually really get into very many of the matches I see (certainly not when compared to 2010-2013) but there's a sense, at least, that the people in charge now actually know how to sell something to you.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know for sure who had the book in TNA - especially from the end of the Immortal angle, through Roode and Aries, to the start of Aces and Eights?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Hogan & Bischoff still held power through that whole era, but I'm not sure they did much week to week booking. I know Dave Lagana did a lot of work during that time but I don't think he was technically the head guy. Bruce Prichard, maybe? I know he was head of creative for at least part of that period, not sure who was before him.

That last episode that aired on the ith was bullshit. The X-Division tag matches were pretty good, especially the opener. Eli Drake's segment was the highlight of the show but it was used to transition from Scott Steiner to a feud with Moose. I not looking forward to that, myself but it helps Moose build up to compete against Aries. But it is still unfortunate how they handled Pentagon's short reign. He should have gotten a PPV to PPV run if they were just making him a paper champion. I'm not sure if the Edwards/Callihan match is lasting until Slammiversary but I really hope it doesn't. The fuckin' Unsanctioned Match between the two to close the show was horrendous and makes me regret buying a ticket!

Enough that i checked out ShopImpact and to nobody's surprise the show isn't souled out by any means hahaha. Debating on giving my buddy the cheap seat and just buying second row. still very cheap but tax included if you pay the right way.

The Brain
    Eli Drake vs. Moose doesn't sound like a bad thing to me, though hopefully Drake isn't just going to be run over to build up Moose. As I've said, everything about the Sami/Edwards feud I've seen has been a dud to me, so... yeah.

I see they've added Sydal vs. Cage to the card, which could actually be extremely fun. Not likely to be a pychological masterpiece, but if they make the right call to let them go full Reseda, or close to it, I think people will dig that one a whole lot. I'd be down with Cage as XD champ and I think he should probably get the win here before he runs up to the main event down the line.

Also saw they're having Johnny Mundo (Impact) back on, as well as Ishimori. Both are great talents to have on, though they don't have opponents yet. Should be interesting to see how the card continues to shape up.

Looks like Killer Kross was just introduced on Impact Thursday as the "mystery X attacker." Wonder what his role will be at Slammiversary. He's also apparently a big part of LU this season as well