Bond. James Bond.

Seem to recall we had a pretty decent Bond thread going off on the last version of the board. Maybe the latest news will get that going again.

Anyway, sounds like Remi Malek will be in the new one potentially as a villain, and that Phoebe Waller-Bridge, fresh off her exploits of writing Killing Eve has been brought into the scriptwriting team. At least I assume they are more interested in her Killing Eve stint than her Fleabag credit.

Anyway, all this probably means that there'll be more news in the near-to-mid future.

All the things Bond (at least in the cinematic incarnations): discuss!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Is Idris Elba still the big rumor of taking up the role? Or is Daniel Craig coming back?

Neither - the favourites are Tom Hiddleston and Richard Madden.

I wouldíve gone to see it if Elba was in. (Canít stand Craig...) Iím still down with Hiddleston, as well. I donít know who that other guy is, though.

Transgender Terror
    Funny coincidence, I just watched Tomorrow Never Dies earlier today. Kind of have a soft spot for this film.

Skyfall is in my top five all time movies list, though.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Madden and Hiddleston could work. I've never really rated Elba bit he's certainly popular enough among fans so would hardly be upset if he won the role.

Excited by Malek as the villain, definitely, and the fact it's a new director. My issue with Spectre was that it felt like a really poor retread of Skyfall, with all of Bond's human frailty stripped away - which has very much been the MO of Craig's take.

Any word on a title? I heard it was meant to be part of the reveal the other day. But then it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    I don’t know who that other guy is, though.
    Meandi, the other guy is Robb Stark from GoT and from Bodyguard, if you watch either show.

That's also the first time I've ever seen someone say they can't stand Craig as Bond.

Never watched either of those. My disdain for Craig goes back further than just Bond, though. What movie he did with Nicole Kidman that was based on some trilogy of books... Golden Compass, I think?

I don't think I actually made it all the way through Golden Compass, as you bring it up.

They've had to pause filming because Craig injured himself doing an action scene.

Here's the recent news on Bond, interesting stuff for those of you who in the old thread talked about wanting it to be more of a code name. They've sort of gone half-way on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...d-daniel-craig

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I can get fully on board with the notion of a female 007.

The notion of a literal 'female James Bond' is only something I can't grasp because if you change the gender and name of a character surely to goodness you can't sensibly contest it's the same character, right? I mean, it's the broom question isn't it? If you have a broom and then you change the handle and the broom is it still the same broom?

If it's meant more ambiguously though - as in, a female 007 as a successor to the character of James Bond - then that I'm excited by, especially if it's worked actively into the story. It expands the mythos, it creates a fascinating new angle to inspect the Bond character through and it is another way to bring the franchise up to date for the contemporary world we live in, which is something it's constantly in need of doing to survive.

I agree. I think the story of a new 007 tracking down the former sounds pretty cool. And if that new 007 is a woman, cool. I’m still very interested. Craig will still be the star and I think a lot of people whining now will be pleasantly surprised.